Xperia Z5 Premium - World's first 4K display smartphone

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony nailed it this time

Xperia Z5 Premium features a 4K display with a resolution of 3840x2160 pixels based on SID Standard and enables all video and image content to be enjoyed in 4K resolution. All other content is displayed at 1080P or lower resolution in order to optimise the performance and battery stamina for this device, ensuring you can enjoy the 4K resolution when you need it most.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_explai...tive_4k_resolution_when_needed-news-14078.php

That is for sure, Sony is very good in their Software Knowledge especially the Camera Apps like AR Fun and AR Effect which Samsung cannot even copy. =:p

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
On the fingerprint sensor at the side... If u put any sort of casing on the phone. Even a jelly case... Still can work? LOL

perhaps that's why fruity and Sammy put on the home button? I can unlock with one hand on note 5 also.. No issue ma?

Btw before fan boys get on my back.. I came from a z3+ and was disappointed why Sony didn't innovate more on the z5 processor.

My Note 5 is MUCH faster than the z3+ and works like a true Octo core.

I really like Sony design and UI over Samsung.. It's a pity in terms of performance for a flagship it has to be compromised.

To release a brand new flagships and have the performance benchmarked against NOTE 4 is a little pathetic don't u think

That said, that feature mentioned earlier in this thread about the 4k screen able to switch resolutions intelligently to conserve battery life? That's pretty cool!

Last edited:

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the fingerprint sensor at the side... If u put any sort of casing on the phone. Even a jelly case... Still can work? LOL

perhaps that's why fruity and Sammy put on the home button? I can unlock with one hand on note 5 also.. No issue ma?

Btw before fan boys get on my back.. I came from a z3+ and was disappointed why Sony didn't innovate more on the z5 processor.

My Note 5 is MUCH faster than the z3+ and works like a true Octo core.

I really like Sony design and UI over Samsung.. It's a pity in terms of performance for a flagship it has to be compromised.

To release a brand new flagships and have the performance benchmarked against NOTE 4 is a little pathetic don't u think

That said, that feature mentioned earlier in this thread about the 4k screen able to switch resolutions intelligently to conserve battery life? That's pretty cool!

Why would you think anyone will make/buy a case that covers the power button/fingerprint sensor? :D

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Why would you think anyone will make/buy a case that covers the power button/fingerprint sensor? :D

Bro... Almost all the cases I know.. Even the slim jelly cases.. Cover the buttons at the side... But I assume for this it will be cut and left open la.. Hehe

Chai_Latte

Reaction score

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro... Almost all the cases I know.. Even the slim jelly cases.. Cover the buttons at the side... But I assume for this it will be cut and left open la.. Hehe

No, I bought some online cases that have openings for power buttons for Z series.

If you are familiar with Z series, they also have openings for magnetic port. :D

For this time, they will not cover the power button for the sensor.
Same goes for screen protector with holes for the Sammy home button.

omelet

Reaction score
Some interesting info on the camera...both hardware and software based stabilizer?

2015091414391439779_ExtraLargeSize-640x640.jpg

2015091414391415436_ExtraLargeSize-640x640.jpg

Source: http://www.sogi.com.tw/articles/sony_xperia_z5/6243711

hush66

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Casings are made to fit the phone model. If you see a casing that covers the fingerprint sensor, then you should look elsewhere. It's the casing manufacturer design problem, not the phone manufacturer design problem.

spiez1

Reaction score
Sony has made an official statement in which it said: "Xperia Z5 Premium features a 4K display with a resolution of 3840x2160 pixels based on SID Standard and enables all video and image content to be enjoyed in 4K resolution. All other content is displayed at 1080P or lower resolution in order to optimise the performance and battery stamina for this device, ensuring you can enjoy the 4K resolution when you need it most."

http://vinereport.com/article/sony....does.not.always.run.on.4k.resolution/3168.htm

spiez1

Reaction score

Of cos they will make new cases to fit new design. If it do not then its substandard

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have z1 and z2 and no problem finding those casing with opening at power button.
For z5, those without opening then don't buy la. As simple...

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony has made an official statement in which it said: "Xperia Z5 Premium features a 4K display with a resolution of 3840x2160 pixels based on SID Standard and enables all video and image content to be enjoyed in 4K resolution. All other content is displayed at 1080P or lower resolution in order to optimise the performance and battery stamina for this device, ensuring you can enjoy the 4K resolution when you need it most."

http://vinereport.com/article/sony....does.not.always.run.on.4k.resolution/3168.htm

Isn't this already widely known?

KlavierX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that was revealed since launch but still some good news in case some misses it out

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have not use sony phones awhile tbh.. hows the price of the phone inflation upon launch in SG like for flagship models?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.