Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Z Ultra's AV woes

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wapesa
  • 1 Post By rssd21

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #1

Z Ultra's AV woes

Just got my ZU and im thoroughly impressed with it. Notwithstanding, im seeing some weaknesses which are apparent from both the video and audio front. Is it me or do you guys find that the video quality has a 'gloomy' overall look to it? I mean the sharpness & color vibrancy are brilliant but brightness/dynamic range seems to lean more to the dark side. I'm using the brightest setting yet i find its not as bright or vibrant as it could be (especially coming from a Note). Another thing is the maximum volume seems to be alittle underwhelming, i've seen some comments from fellow users that the audio quality (especially loudness) seems to lag behind the video quality on such a huge screen. I remember my old Sony MP3 player has a firmware 'hack' where the maximum volume can be extended, hopefully the AV weakness of the ZU can be boosted thru a firmware update. I was actually pleasantly surprised that my ZU came with a folding-case (color matches the handset) and the free bluetooth wireless was a really nice gesture from Sony. Quite a good package and no, i dont find the ZU "too big", in fact it's its screen size that attracted me to it. My first Sony handphone!

Btw can somebody plse help? I cant copy video files larger than 4GB from my PC to the ZU! It will transfer until a certain size and shows an error message saying the file cannot be moved.

Last edited by artyboy; 08-11-2013 at 09:34 AM..
artyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #2

Btw can somebody plse help? I cant copy video files larger than 4GB from my PC to the ZU! It will transfer until a certain size and shows an error message saying the file cannot be moved.
This has to do with the FAT32 file system. Google it and you will know why.
sG_KYo likes this.
wapesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #3

Thanks alot for the advice guys, yes am formatting my Micro SD card using the NTFS format now. OK will try out the software you mentioned to boost the volume. Im using a Razer earbud, and yes it is definitely louder than the earphone that came with the ZU. Thanks again guys! I agree, the colors are more natural compared to Samsung AMOLED's over-saturated and intense color palette. But there is a slight murkiness in shadow detail which gives the gloomy effect. But none too bad to be a dealbreaker. Thanks guys.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
Master Member

This has to do with the FAT32 file system. Google it and you will know why.
actually u r very right. have to do with his source of transferring. not the destination. LOL
Old 08-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #5

if the source is the problem then looks like im stuck. I formatted the MicroSD card using the NTFS method but the ZU refuse to recognize it and said blank card inserted! Kinda silly that in this day and age we're still stuck in the max 4GB file transfer limitation when most movie files/videos are now in Full HD.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #6
Supremacy Member

Formatting the microSD on the phone will format it to exfat.
simcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

if the source is the problem then looks like im stuck. I formatted the MicroSD card using the NTFS method but the ZU refuse to recognize it and said blank card inserted! Kinda silly that in this day and age we're still stuck in the max 4GB file transfer limitation when most movie files/videos are now in Full HD.
Get over the fact, that most profitable companies like fruity and sammy are still selling phones with 16GB of internal storage.

Not everyone is asking for large files over 4GB, since not everyone watches movies on their phone.

But with android, there will be some way to overcome the additional features that are not included in stock phone.
keltai likes this.
rssd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #8

Thanks for d tip. I noticed if I copy a 5GB movie file to d ZU's internal memory it works. Now the problem is those HD movie files are not recognised. I'll try 3rd party apps.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

I have no problem copying files over 4GB if I format the memory card using the phone settings menu. Because it will be formatted as exfat which supports file larger than 4GB
simcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #10

thanks a lot guys, finally got it fixed!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.