*Official* Hong Kong Stocks Discussion

Reaction score
1. increasing profit margin with high demand for milk. target price 1.20 (entry at 1.01)

2. gaming industry will continue to grow in China. Tencent is huge, doesnt mean it cannot continue growing but i personally think there are more risks involved. CMGE is a safer bet and i place faith that the big names are interested in developing games around the IPs that CMGE are holding. Target price $4 (bought at 3.63)

3. Automobile industry will recover due to pent-up demand by consumers. Apart from Minth, can look at Yongda, Flat Glass, etc. although their boat might have already sailed. Target price = $30 (bought at 20.7)

thats my very basic analysis, hope i huat ah!

China Modern Diary HKD1.1 liao (10%)
Minth Group Limited HKD25 liao (25%)
All the best bro!

RedsYWNA

Reaction score
Would a potential IPO for Tencent Pay be the next catalyst for Tencent, given how rumours of ANT IPO helped Baba to shoot up?

How about a potential dual listing for Baidu? Would that help its share price?

Reaction score
Would a potential IPO for Tencent Pay be the next catalyst for Tencent, given how rumours of ANT IPO helped Baba to shoot up?

How about a potential dual listing for Baidu? Would that help its share price?

Answer = It depends on the Whales and Market Reaction.

3dfxplayer

Reaction score
March I agree that it was not clear how long China would be under lockdown, a bit risky to buy. I bought mainly STI ETF in March.

But April China announced it was reopening its economy so I started loading up on China ETFs that contained their e-commerce stocks.

If China reopening economy wasn't a buy signal, then I don't know what sort of buy signal you are waiting for....

Here is my post from April:

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ket-expectations-positioning-6183736-576.html

The trade is profitable but the investment thesis is not quite sound. The reason why e-commerce stocks are up is because COVID19 newsflow hasn't gotten any better, people are still social distancing, bars, restaurants, malls are still going bankrupt despite the economy "reopening".

But really the real reason why anything is even up at all is because central banks have been raining helicopter money, without which consumers would have no money to spend on goods and services, e-commerce or not.

Reaction score
The trade is profitable but the investment thesis is not quite sound. The reason why e-commerce stocks are up is because COVID19 newsflow hasn't gotten any better, people are still social distancing, bars, restaurants, malls are still going bankrupt despite the economy "reopening".

But really the real reason why anything is even up at all is because central banks have been raining helicopter money, without which consumers would have no money to spend on goods and services, e-commerce or not.

They say the rise this week is due to China beefing up the Market.

kakashixx

Reaction score
1. increasing profit margin with high demand for milk. target price 1.20 (entry at 1.01)

2. gaming industry will continue to grow in China. Tencent is huge, doesnt mean it cannot continue growing but i personally think there are more risks involved. CMGE is a safer bet and i place faith that the big names are interested in developing games around the IPs that CMGE are holding. Target price $4 (bought at 3.63)

3. Automobile industry will recover due to pent-up demand by consumers. Apart from Minth, can look at Yongda, Flat Glass, etc. although their boat might have already sailed. Target price = $30 (bought at 20.7)

thats my very basic analysis, hope i huat ah!

sold my Minth holdings at 23.1, smaller profit than i would wished. used the funds to enter SAIC Motor but thats a China stock. Anyway im still big on automobile industry recovering in H2.

meanwhile my other 2 holdings are bleeding. will just hold for now!

ayuluv

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I know which online platform is good for buying Stocks from Hong Kong Stocks Exchange?

HMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
What is Hong Kong stock minimum purchase quantity ? 100 shares?

Sent from Samsung SM-T830 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.