HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Lex1989] I would not get on a plane or eat inside a restaurant - Dr Anthony Fauci

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

[Lex1989] I would not get on a plane or eat inside a restaurant - Dr Anthony Fauci

‘Things could change pretty rapidly’

“I did not see this briefing, but I’m very pleased to hear that he’s now being pretty explicit about some of the things that we — namely his medical advisers — have been telling him for some time,” Fauci said in a telephone interview Thursday evening. “I think he’s made a very good choice. He’s embracing masking, he’s embracing physical distancing, and that’s a very good thing.”

Fauci holds out some, perhaps surprising, rays of hope. He is not against reopening schools, saying it’s not a one-size-fits-all solution. “It’s a complex issue,” Fauci said. “The fundamental default should be that we should try as best as we possibly can to open up the schools. But we have to remember, as a paramount consideration, the safety and the health of the children and teachers.”

If September looks bad, with flu season approaching and the coronavirus still not under control, isn’t January likely to be as bad or even worse for students? Are parents and children facing the possibility of a full year with no in-person schooling? “It’s unpredictable. Things could change pretty rapidly. But it doesn’t look like we’ll be facing a full year with no in-person schooling,” Fauci said.

The doctor discussed air travel and why he’s avoiding it; eating out and why he’s avoiding that; the price of a coronavirus vaccine and who should be first in line; the mixed success of mask mandates from Dublin, Ohio, to Dublin, Ireland (where this reporter is sequestering); and lessons from his first pandemic — the HIV/AIDS crisis that eventually killed more than 32 million people worldwide.
Old 26-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

AAL, UAL, DAL, LUV..... here we come!?
Old 26-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

But ppl no listen also no use.
reddevil0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.