HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2020 market expectations and positioning

Like Tree1092Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2020, 01:06 PM   #6166
Supremacy Member

Very irritating blogger. Okay good for him that he has a big war chest, but what use is it if he doesn't tell how much he is invested and how much he plans to invest and what levels.

Every monkey out there is saying the same thing. I am nibbling, I have a war chest, more downside left, okay phuck off with your war chest. Don't come back until you have invested.
jasonsouza77 likes this.
Old 30-03-2020, 01:08 PM   #6167

By analogy, dividend warrior is like Daniel Ong

Both a show off and braggard

Guess ppl really donít like these characters ...
Old 30-03-2020, 01:11 PM   #6168
Arch-Supremacy Member

Very irritating blogger. Okay good for him that he has a big war chest, but what use is it if he doesn't tell how much he is invested and how much he plans to invest and what levels.

Every monkey out there is saying the same thing. I am nibbling, I have a war chest, more downside left, okay phuck off with your war chest. Don't come back until you have invested.

Huh? Do you know who is he?

At least his post is more informative than those people who only dare to post after the trend is clear and in favour of his positions.
Old 30-03-2020, 01:11 PM   #6169
Supremacy Member

Guess ppl really don’t like these characters ...
No, he is very transparent and people like that. What people don't like is people who keep talking about war chest as if they have unlimited money like the Fed and don't talk about their losses, only about their war chest.
Old 30-03-2020, 01:13 PM   #6170
Supremacy Member

Huh? Do you know who is he?

At least his post is more informative than those people who only dare to post after the trend is clear and in favour of his positions.
What information do you get from his post? Did he share is ratio of how much he has invested Vs how much he is in cash? Did he tell you how much he has lost in the last 3 weeks?
Old 30-03-2020, 01:15 PM   #6171
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guess ppl really don’t like these characters ...

http://dividendsrichwarrior.blogspot.com/

This is Dividend Warrior blog. Actually it will be better if he shared when he suffered losses too, but i don't know why he is unwilling to update total paper loss when there is a crisis. It is quite good to record down emotional changes and decisions made during a crisis.

There is another famous blogger in this forum too, but he chose to self exile 2 years back, not sure how is he doing, guess he is the only full time investor here(not sure if he is employed now).

This is his Investing Notes profile:

https://www.investingnote.com/users/...eong&tab=posts

Last edited by yyhwin; 30-03-2020 at 01:18 PM..
Old 30-03-2020, 01:17 PM   #6172
Arch-Supremacy Member

What information do you get from his post? Did he share is ratio of how much he has invested Vs how much he is in cash? Did he tell you how much he has lost in the last 3 weeks?

Why do you need to know that?

He often share some useful information with his followers, frankly speaking, I learnt a lot from him.

I do not need to know how much in total is his paper loss, but he always keep a warchest with accumulated dividend and only buy when the stock is truely a bargain. I guess he is doing fine despite of millions of loss.
Old 30-03-2020, 01:19 PM   #6173

Futures decidedly green ...
Old 30-03-2020, 01:19 PM   #6174
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nice joke:
The Malaysian government's decision to allow only "the head of the family" to leave the house to shop, as part of measures to suppress the Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak, has had unintended consequences.

Some men are unexpectedly finding themselves responsible for the grocery shopping and suddenly having to distinguish between bewildering varieties of vegetables, spices and herbs.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/blogs-n...where-52040256
This is funny indeed
Old 30-03-2020, 01:22 PM   #6175

US futures has flipped from red to green as of now. The real litmus test is when wall street opens tonight. Given the rising number of infections in US and the ditching of a Easter unlock, I would be surprised if the markets do not get sold off - a reason that I can think of is that we have quarter end window dressing but if the market continues to rally beyond that, we would need to respect that a change may have happened and attention needs to be renewed to the topside. I do not think this may be the case but if one wants to trade, then one would need to respect the market.
I shall be looking for shorts unless we continue to see green for the first half of tonight's session.
Old 30-03-2020, 01:23 PM   #6176
Arch-Supremacy Member

Futures decidedly green ...

Strange, I fail to see master leong's past posts on investing notes, if not can roughly gauge what is his portfolio now.
Old 30-03-2020, 01:24 PM   #6177
Supremacy Member

Why do you need to know that?

He often share some useful information with his followers, frankly speaking, I learnt a lot from him.

I do not need to know how much in total is his paper loss, but he always keep a warchest with accumulated dividend and only buy when the stock is truely a bargain. I guess he is doing fine despite of millions of loss.
How do you define warchest? What percentage of money is called war chest? If someone is invested 20% in equities and 80% cash, yes that is war chest clearly.

If someone is 80% equities and 20% cash, then is that called war chest?

We need to know his situation, only then it is actionable, otherwise what works for him won't work for us.
Old 30-03-2020, 01:37 PM   #6178
Arch-Supremacy Member

Strange, I fail to see master leong's past posts on investing notes, if not can roughly gauge what is his portfolio now.

Now i know why, he blocked me.

haha, i dun even comment on his post on investing note. LoL

Old 30-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #6179
Master Member

According to this movie Contagion, the vaccine for the flu virus in the movie was developed after 18 months and only available for certain group of people only.

Now world population is 7.8 billion, how can they make the vaccine available to everyone?
"The most intriguing and differentiated entrant in the mRNA vaccine area to me, however, is Arcturus Therapeutics to me. This is because they are using a self-replicating RNA ('STARR') that they claim to require ~40-fold less RNA to be intramuscularly injected. Formulation into an LNP 'LUNAR' particle may further lower the required dose. Given that vaccinating the world will in the end also be a manufacturing challenge, being able to start with 40-times or thereabouts less material is a serious practical advantage"

there's a planned trial which is sponsored by sg edb and carried out by duke-nus medical using arcturus's technlogy. i saw in another article that just 10 grams of 'starr' is enough to vaccinate whole of singapore.

a 424B5 was just filed on friday after market close. the drop today might have a good entry point if anyone like biotech. i am long with a $14.80 avg.
Old 30-03-2020, 01:47 PM   #6180
Arch-Supremacy Member

How do you define warchest? What percentage of money is called war chest? If someone is invested 20% in equities and 80% cash, yes that is war chest clearly.

If someone is 80% equities and 20% cash, then is that called war chest?

We need to know his situation, only then it is actionable, otherwise what works for him won't work for us.

His portfolio size should be around 2-4 millions given the magnitude of his dividend received per year.

He was quite transparent on his CPF balance and dividend received per year.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.