All about Dividends

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I realize that the ES3 dividend credited into my account is about 30% less than what I calculated based on $0.04 per share. Also, I don’t see the A35 dividend being credited at all (supposed to be credited in Jan) Anyone facing the same issue? I’m using Standard chartered online trading.

How many shares do you own?

zoneguard

Reaction score
I realize that the ES3 dividend credited into my account is about 30% less than what I calculated based on $0.04 per share. Also, I don’t see the A35 dividend being credited at all (supposed to be credited in Jan) Anyone facing the same issue? I’m using Standard chartered online trading.

You are not alone, the payout I calculated was 0.028 per share and missing the 0.005 and 0.007 components for SCB. I received the full 0.04 from FSM and CDP for ES3. I double-checked for August 2020 payout, I received the full 0.059 from SCB. So they definitely screwed up somewhere.

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya...same received lesser dividends in SCB, I wonder if this is an isolated case or had been going on for long time cos i never really check previously until I saw this thread....

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Jialat... anyone received any updates regarding this?

singqian

Reaction score
so is it a good idea to buy div stocks after ex date since its cheaper?

What is the purpose to buy it? for bluechip, if really drop alot then for long term ok...
if just a normal share... hard to get capital growth...

leobox1

Reaction score
Can the experts here kindly recommend SGX stocks that provide slow and steady dividends that will increase over the years? For long term income. Thank u.

digitalguy

Reaction score
bros, what is the dividend duration for mapletree industrial and mapletree logistics? I noticed that both are quarterly in sgx website. Any change in that?:s12:

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
've to read this if u r into Divs inc

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-recommendation.6499828/page-3#post-133623535
perfectly ok to ask- esp he is FT investor ie without the usu job

Are you more of a growth investor or dividend investor? Which markets/geographies do you invest in?

How do you balance dividends with capital gains?

While we aim 2 look at total returns comprising price appreciation and dividend yield. (A slower grower is likely to pay more dividends and a faster grower can pay out comparatively less.)
Between growth and dividend, my portfolio is tilted toward those counters that pay a reasonable yield on my buy-in cost.
In Singapore’s context, I’d rather invest in a company with a decent yield and a moderate growth rate than another with a fast, volatile growth rate but no payout or a yield on cost that’s little.

Compared with other major stock markets, Singapore is a market generally better for yield than constant price performance. And the earlier mentioned (in part 1) tax exemption on dividends for personal equity investments adds to the yield allure and edge.
I look at stocks from the major markets but with a focus on Singapore. https://blog.seedly.sg/full-time-in...mWxzkmUHkTju6nJxMIlAhKxl7UY5xxzr4SJq5hCShI04A

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.