All about Dividends

aoptionwriter

Reaction score
US market is getting more interesting now. There are a number good US dividend stock but I am pretty stingy on the withholding tax of 30%.

Did any company offer 'dividend reinvestment scheme' or something similar there?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
US market is getting more interesting now. There are a number good US dividend stock but I am pretty stingy on the withholding tax of 30%.

Did any company offer 'dividend reinvestment scheme' or something similar there?

Last time I would recommend LMT, but it has since doubled. MAIN below $30 or MO. KMI if you don't mind a bit of risk. MCD has been improving but still divvy abit low. T can consider as a stable slow one.

aoptionwriter

Reaction score
Thanks!

I did a quick check on the stock symbols below and found out that AT&T is the best deal on surface with 5.57% dividend & 69.4% payout ratio. They have growth their dividend for the last 30 years (impressive!)

Take AT&T as example, I need to open another account with Computershare?

There are some fee also:
Automatic investment Fee ---- $1
Optional Cash Purchase ----- $2.50
Reinvestment Fee ---- 5% up to $2
Sale Fee ---- $10

Did I got the fact correctly?

Last time I would recommend LMT, but it has since doubled. MAIN below $30 or MO. KMI if you don't mind a bit of risk. MCD has been improving but still divvy abit low. T can consider as a stable slow one.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I did a quick check on the stock symbols below and found out that AT&T is the best deal on surface with 5.57% dividend & 69.4% payout ratio. They have growth their dividend for the last 30 years (impressive!)

Take AT&T as example, I need to open another account with Computershare?

There are some fee also:
Automatic investment Fee ---- $1
Optional Cash Purchase ----- $2.50
Reinvestment Fee ---- 5% up to $2
Sale Fee ---- $10

Did I got the fact correctly?

If you are trading big, use Interactive Broker, small use SCB.
Those are my recommendations, I'm not sure about Computershare and I'm looking at it from a Singaporean investor point of view.

And yes, if you are looking for records, there is a dividend champions list which list down all counters with more than 25 years of consecutive growing dividends.

But as many here have said, don't be blinded by the divvys. AT&T has been stagnating in terms of share price but it's growing divvy is good. MO though has been growing and growing in both divvy and share price.

As always I recommend everyone who is interested in US counters to read Seeking Alpha on the counter they are interested in, seriously.
Especially the comments section where lots of gems are found.

Have fun.

aoptionwriter

Reaction score
Not sure about SCB but IB don't support this.

http://ibkb.interactivebrokers.com/glossary/799

Those are my recommendations, I'm not sure about Computershare and I'm looking at it from a Singaporean investor point of view.

And yes, if you are looking for records, there is a dividend champions list which list down all counters with more than 25 years of consecutive growing dividends.

But as many here have said, don't be blinded by the divvys. AT&T has been stagnating in terms of share price but it's growing divvy is good. MO though has been growing and growing in both divvy and share price.

As always I recommend everyone who is interested in US counters to read Seeking Alpha on the counter they are interested in, seriously.

Have fun.

bin8lee

Reaction score

in US, dividend reinvestment also has the withholding tax

jingle_babble

Reaction score
Hi all may be a noob question...i am just trying to tabulate the div returns for some of my S-reit stocks... ( probably gonna be a mid-year/yearly review kind)

is there any website out there that tracks the div payout on a yearly basis... i see most have the latest DPU but not on a yearly basis so abit to track the returns via excel...

if anyone has info do share... that will be great and much appreciated.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi all may be a noob question...i am just trying to tabulate the div returns for some of my S-reit stocks... ( probably gonna be a mid-year/yearly review kind)

is there any website out there that tracks the div payout on a yearly basis... i see most have the latest DPU but not on a yearly basis so abit to track the returns via excel...

if anyone has info do share... that will be great and much appreciated.

Most site at most provides 5-10 years, SGX has the more complete data but need to tabulate yourself.

wynnest

Reaction score
May i check what does it mean of "Multiple Dividend", Cash should be referring to the dividend was paid by cash, how about multiple dividend?

aoptionwriter

Reaction score
The income from US dividend stock can be further enhanced with covered call. Anyone doing it here and can share the experience/result?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The income from US dividend stock can be further enhanced with covered call. Anyone doing it here and can share the experience/result?

I read a few people that does it on seeking alpha so maybe you can ask there where it's more common.

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Have fun.

How do you even navigate seeking alpha? I search for a ticker, i try to read the news by "opening full article" it directs me to the app which subsequently crashes.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How do you even navigate seeking alpha? I search for a ticker, i try to read the news by "opening full article" it directs me to the app which subsequently crashes.

Ya, the app is not stable.

I would suggest you to add all the tickers you want into the portfolio on desktop first. Like that, you don't need to use the search function.
After that should be fine.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.