All about Dividends

homer123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After subtracting 30% withholding tax, not many high yield equities can match bond yield.. Also be careful of high yield equities , they are not sustainable. Throughout my 10 years of US investing, I learnt a lesson whenever high yield equity cut its dividend, don't be surprised the share price will drop 40-50%.
equity dividends are a lot higher than US bonds :o

i do know USA bonds have lower risks though

greatgreenman

Reaction score
How are foreign stock dividends paid out to Singaporeans? I bought MSFT before the ex-dividend date but I haven’t received anything. Using DBS vickers

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How are foreign stock dividends paid out to Singaporeans? I bought MSFT before the ex-dividend date but I haven’t received anything. Using DBS vickers

Wah, vickers? damn ex right?

Anyway,
https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/msft/dividend-history

You should have received it by Sept 13, it works the same as any stocks you buy anywhere in the world. At most a one day delay?
SCB have 2 days delay before but rare.

Also, are you sure you bought before XD? the XD was August 15.

greatgreenman

Reaction score
Wah, vickers? damn ex right?

Anyway,
https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/msft/dividend-history

You should have received it by Sept 13, it works the same as any stocks you buy anywhere in the world. At most a one day delay?
SCB have 2 days delay before but rare.

Also, are you sure you bought before XD? the XD was August 15.

yup, bought in May. Haven't received jack from Vickers. and what do you mean by ex? as in commission? I use cash upfront..

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
yup, bought in May. Haven't received jack from Vickers. and what do you mean by ex? as in commission? I use cash upfront..

Ya comms.

Go ask for vickers for your dividends dude, sometimes they missed payment. Don’t depend on banks.

greatgreenman

Reaction score
Ya comms.

Go ask for vickers for your dividends dude, sometimes they missed payment. Don’t depend on banks.

hah..? I'm a noob investor. Don't really know what other brokerage to use if not for Vickers. The cash upfront system offered the best rates among all the options I looked up

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hah..? I'm a noob investor. Don't really know what other brokerage to use if not for Vickers. The cash upfront system offered the best rates among all the options I looked up

No lar, I haven’t check the rates these days. If you done your homework then trust it. :s12:

YLieTat

Reaction score
Banks recommendations

Any banks recommended to keep the dividends from CDP via Direct Credit Scheme? In terms of interest, ease of transfer etc... Many thanks.:)

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Any banks recommended to keep the dividends from CDP via Direct Credit Scheme? In terms of interest, ease of transfer etc... Many thanks.:)

I can only think of DBS, you can credit to any savings account and it will count towards the dbs multiplier account criteria. Go check out dbs multiplier.

YLieTat

Reaction score
If the dividend is not credited every month, the multiplier does not work? Right? Especially if I do not use/ have credit card or any investments/ insurance with DBS.
My fren recommend Maybank as their base interest is higher.
Is that true? Is Maybank better for temp keeping of dividend?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If the dividend is not credited every month, the multiplier does not work? Right? Especially if I do not use/ have credit card or any investments/ insurance with DBS.
My fren recommend Maybank as their base interest is higher.
Is that true? Is Maybank better for temp keeping of dividend?

There are a few such savings account. These have nothing to do with dividends, more of where you prefer to park your cash in.

lamEduDe

Reaction score
would like to check if dividend ex-date is based on date which i bought with my broker or date that it is credited to my cdp?

eg. i bought the stock on 29/10 through broker, 30/10 ex-date, 31/10 the stock credited to cdp, am i eligible for the dividend?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
would like to check if dividend ex-date is based on date which i bought with my broker or date that it is credited to my cdp?

eg. i bought the stock on 29/10 through broker, 30/10 ex-date, 31/10 the stock credited to cdp, am i eligible for the dividend?

Bought. ;)

archcherub

Reaction score
You guys have any Stocks or ETF recommendations that pay units as stocks instead of cash?
I Love the way how it auto enhance your assets. growth instead of manually take the cash and buy in...

picasso1901

Reaction score
Bank account no. for DCS

i just applied a DBS CPF investment account and linked to newly applied DBS Vickers trading account. As for CDP, should i fill the direct crediting Service (DCS) field with DBS bank account no. or CPF investment account no.?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i just applied a DBS CPF investment account and linked to newly applied DBS Vickers trading account. As for CDP, should i fill the direct crediting Service (DCS) field with DBS bank account no. or CPF investment account no.?

DBS. You will see a dbs cpfis account.
By CDP, you mean for CPF funds after selling right?

picasso1901

Reaction score
DBS. You will see a dbs cpfis account.
By CDP, you mean for CPF funds after selling right?

s357.photobucket.com/user/picasso1901/media/DCS.jpg.html

i extracted the above from CDP form. i will buy share and fund with CPF investment account. My concern is whether the dividend will be directly transferred to my CPF investment account if my bank account no. is registered with CDP?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
s357.photobucket.com/user/picasso1901/media/DCS.jpg.html

i extracted the above from CDP form. i will buy share and fund with CPF investment account. My concern is whether the dividend will be directly transferred to my CPF investment account if my bank account no. is registered with CDP?

My dividends are directly going to my cpfis account I held with ocbc as my cpfis is with ocbc. It has nothing to do with cdp.

Platinumstartvf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
STI ETF Dividends

Hi, where can I check the dividends payout rate (2018 currently 3.6%) for STI ETF besides "dividend.sg"?

Thank you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.