HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Any intro for broker for ICE Futures Singapore?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shiny Things

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2020, 08:33 AM   #1

Arrow Any intro for broker for ICE Futures Singapore?

Hello,

Morning all!

So far I only find KGI and Phillips Futures have ICE Futures SG as their clearing exchange, but not so keen for KGI as their customer service is terrible.

Anyone got any other broker to intro for ICE SG?
lamode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2020, 03:17 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

ICE Singapore has all the same contracts as the broader ICE entities, it just clears through a different entity, as far as I can tell. Just use IBKR or whatever your regular futures broker is.
Shiny Things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 03:36 PM   #3

ICE Singapore has all the same contracts as the broader ICE entities, it just clears through a different entity, as far as I can tell. Just use IBKR or whatever your regular futures broker is.
Not really.

I was not able to find 100 barrel contract (which available in ICE SG) for Brent Crude and WTI Crude from other ICE entities or exchanges in IBKR.

Did I missed something?

Last edited by lamode; 15-05-2020 at 03:55 PM..
Old 15-05-2020, 05:11 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

U mean mini contracts ?

I use Phillips futures and can trade that over there

Not really.

I was not able to find 100 barrel contract (which available in ICE SG) for Brent Crude and WTI Crude from other ICE entities or exchanges in IBKR.

Did I missed something?
Kaypohji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 06:27 PM   #5

I know its in Phillips Futures and KGI, I was saying not in IBKR.

btw Phillips futures have IFSG MINI BRENT CRUDE JUL20 in their platform, but guess what, JUN20 and JUL20 is not available to trade due to volatility. I triple confirmed this with them just now.

Just wondering any other broker than KGI / Phillips offer 100 barrel contract size?

U mean mini contracts ?

I use Phillips futures and can trade that over there
Old 17-05-2020, 12:56 AM   #6
Supremacy Member

Not really.

Did I missed something?
Oh, right. Yeah, it looks like IBKR doesn't list the mini-Brent or mini-WTI futures (though they do list the CME's e-mini WTI futures).

I don't think it's worth getting involved in those, though—they're basically completely dead. The volume in the entire mini-Brent complex was about 60 contracts yesterday... which is about 100,000 times less than the volume that went through the full-size Brent complex the same day. Just trade the regular Brent/WTI futures instead.

(And, in the nicest possible way: if you don't yet have the $10k initial margin for a single CL or Brent full-size contract, you're too early to start punting crude.)
lamode likes this.

Last edited by Shiny Things; 17-05-2020 at 02:17 AM..
Shiny Things is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.