HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Argentina stocks

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #1

Argentina stocks

Anyone know how to trade in Argentina exchange? like the BCBA - The Buenos Aires Stock Exchange? I am using Vicker and I don't think they provide this service
Desaturated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 07:32 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just buy AGT which is the ETF.
Old 15-08-2019, 08:03 PM   #3

both ARGT and AGT are not good enough. I am looking at individual stocks. some of them are listed in US but performance is different from their stock exchange. Take GGAL for example.
Old 15-08-2019, 08:33 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Anyone know how to trade in Argentina exchange? like the BCBA - The Buenos Aires Stock Exchange? I am using Vicker and I don't think they provide this service
Argentina has capital controls so you're gonna have a fun time doing this. You'll need to find an onshore broker, and go through the rigmarole of converting currency to ARS (which is a fairly difficult thing!).

Just buy the ADRs or the ETFs.
Shiny Things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 08:34 PM   #5

Argentina has capital controls so you're gonna have a fun time doing this. You'll need to find an onshore broker, and go through the rigmarole of converting currency to ARS (which is a fairly difficult thing!).

As an option trader, do you think it is worth a punt at Argentina? Especially when it is at 20+ sigma movement?
Trader11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 09:05 PM   #6

Need some enlightenment here. Why are ADRs performance so bad compared to the one listed at their stock exchange?

Example:
Old 15-08-2019, 09:20 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

As an option trader, do you think it is worth a punt at Argentina? Especially when it is at 20+ sigma movement?
Instead of punting in Argentina, why don't you just punt with US stocks?

There are so many great companies which are on sale now.

I am not sure if Argentina can survive their own crisis but I am pretty sure US will survive.
Old 15-08-2019, 09:25 PM   #8

I am not sure if Argentina can survive their own crisis but I am pretty sure US will survive.
Argentina had a 40% drop in the index. Wonder if it is a good buy now for future baggers? Also I can't find good US stocks that give good multibaggers now. Most of them are priced in
Trader11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 09:31 PM   #9

I don't really see that as a crisis. More like over reaction. I am sure there are many fundamentally solid companies that are being dragged by this political issue.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.