CapitaLand Ascott Trust f.k.a. Ascott Trust *Official* (SGX:HMN)

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FY 2010 Q2 results to be announced on 23 July 2010.
Source here
Have looked into their portfolio, does anyone know what happened to their Ascott Raffles Place Singapore property?
It is no longer inside their portfolio.
Addict or anyone else know? :s11:

notanakin

Reaction score
Hmm, when was this last listed in their portfolio? I took a quick look at their website, and even in the FY2008 results presentation, Ascott Raffles Place is not mentioned.

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, when was this last listed in their portfolio? I took a quick look at their website, and even in the FY2008 results presentation, Ascott Raffles Place is not mentioned.

I could have sworn seeing it in their portfolio late last year.
Perhaps my eyes playing tricks on me.
Anyway, chiong ar!!! Ascott! Gogogo!! :)

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
ascott bery good lah
more upside potential than that horribly overpriced cdlht

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
addict, you remind me of the fellow who complain that the orange is sour cos he could not get any! :s13:

Its all about the timing, guys. I got CDL Htrust at IPO and its one of my best performing stocks in my portfolio. I got Ascott only last yr and is looking at some paper loss. But I'm looking to add more and may have missed a recent opportunity to do so. *bumper*

Regardless, Ascott and CDLHTrust are the only 2 hospitality trust listed so they definitely have a place in your portfolio. Both are sufficiently different so you have diversification as opposed to owning both Mapletree and CLT or CMT and Starhill.

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ascott bery good lah
more upside potential than that horribly overpriced cdlht

There's a reason why CDLHT is highly priced.
They under the umbrella of CDL mah... Plus they have a few quite good hotels under their portfolio...

Paul Lee said:
addict, you remind me of the fellow who complain that the orange is sour cos he could not get any!
laugh.gif;pv6fedd93166a15ba5

Its all about the timing, guys. I got CDL Htrust at IPO and its one of my best performing stocks in my portfolio. I got Ascott only last yr and is looking at some paper loss. But I'm looking to add more and may have missed a recent opportunity to do so. *bumper*

Regardless, Ascott and CDLHTrust are the only 2 hospitality trust listed so they definitely have a place in your portfolio. Both are sufficiently different so you have diversification as opposed to owning both Mapletree and CLT or CMT and Starhill.

I agree. Entered into Ascott in the wrong time so still having some paper lost but impact was lessen when I cost average it down recently by around 6 cents.

Still waiting for it to hit the TP by DBS at $1.46! :D

MikeL09

Reaction score
Ascott,
I also got,
Ten lots.:D

The last results day, no dividend was declared.
This time round, they had better make it up with a good one.
Hope it'd be > $377.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ascott,
I also got,
Ten lots.:D

The last results day, no dividend was declared.
This time round, they had better make it up with a good one.
Hope it'd be > $377.

Ascott pays distribution on a semi-annually basis but the 1Q distribution of 1.66c was declared with the result. If the maintained 2Q distributions, then we can expect at least 3.32c in total.

MikeL09

Reaction score
Ascott pays distribution on a semi-annually basis but the 1Q distribution of 1.66c was declared with the result. If the maintained 2Q distributions, then we can expect at least 3.32c in total.

Oops! My mistake. It was declared alright, but it wasn't paid out, as it is to be paid together with the upcoming to-be-declared dividend.

Sorry Ascott.
I forgot.:D

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ascott distribution is bi-annually. not quarterly like most REITs.
My projected yield is around 5.x% close to 6%. Too bad I didn't get it at a lower price, otherwise my yield would have been higher.

MikeL09

Reaction score
Too bad I didn't get it at a lower price, otherwise my yield would have been higher.

Remind me about it!
I comtemplated and recontemplated on getting it when it was 80-something cents... when they declared the last dividend of $377, but eventually got it at 1.16! That was one dumb procrastination!:s27:

What was your entry price?

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remind me about it!
I comtemplated and recontemplated on getting it when it was 80-something cents... when they declared the last dividend of $377, but eventually got it at 1.16! That was one dumb procrastination!:s27:

What was your entry price?

Pls dun ask...
I wanna kill myself everytime I think about it...
Thankfully I entered again at a lower price so cost average it down.
But the average price it's still damn high!! :(

MikeL09

Reaction score
Pls dun ask...
I wanna kill myself everytime I think about it...
Thankfully I entered again at a lower price so cost average it down.
But the average price it's still damn high!! :(

Hai ya, I thought it would make me feel better finding out that you entered at a higher price than I, mah.:D

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hai ya, I thought it would make me feel better finding out that you entered at a higher price than I, mah.:D

Let's just say, that I feel like an idiot when I monitor this counter everyday... :(
But hopefully by the end of the month, it'll allow me to sell and sometime down the road let me cost average it down somemore.

Skurai

Banned
Reaction score
addict, you remind me of the fellow who complain that the orange is sour cos he could not get any! :s13:

Agree that it is about timing.
Btw, i agree with addict that ascott is better priced than CDL at the moment.
CDL umbrella is gd but capitaland umbrella is gd too :)

Last edited:

MikeL09

Reaction score
Wah say!
Suntec yesterday,
Ascott today,
Starhill Monday,
Dividend 3 straights days

I am hoping for a hat trick,
From my 3 S-Reits
Come on, Ascott Reit
Feed my winning streak!:s12:

Ascott, chiong ah!:s13:

MikeL09

Reaction score
Wah say!
Suntec yesterday,
Ascott today,
Starhill Monday,
Dividend 3 straights days

I am hoping for a hat trick,
From my 3 S-Reits
Come on, Ascott Reit
Feed my winning streak!:s12:

Ascott, chiong ah!:s13:

So fast, results out!
DPU 3.53 cts, payable on 27 Aug.
Not bad, lah.
Is the lower amount due to dilution from their last rights issue?

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Financial Results for FY2010 Q2 & 1H are out.
Financial statement here
Slides presentation here
Distribution amount & date here

FY2010 Q2 DPU: $0.0353

Results are better year-on-year.
Looking forward to better yield now that the refurbishments of Liang Court & Grand Cairnhill are completed.
Ascott said:
We have completed the refurbishment of the two Singapore properties and have
relaunched them in July amidst a buoyant market. Somerset Grand Cairnhill and
Somerset Liang Court are expected to benefit from the strong demand, with the
renovated apartments enjoying premium rates. We have also embarked on
refurbishments for selected properties in Vietnam and China. Our asset
enhancement initiatives will increase the returns of our portfolio in the long term.

My 2.14 cents

Last edited:

MikeL09

Reaction score
Ascott's shares placement to CapitaLand

What do you guys make of the above development?

Around 458 million shares would be placed to CapitaLand at discounted of 1.15 as part of fund raising to fund Europe acquisition of 26 properties.
Is it a case of CapitaLand dumping on Ascott? Or Ascott leveraging on CapitaLand?

Judging from the sell down in recent days, investors may be a bit uneasy with the huge exposure to Europe where things are still precarious.
Any upside from the supposedly dividend accretive move would likely be stymied by the sinking feeling from the dilution factor.:look:

Any comments?:s11:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.