HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Asia Pay Tv Trust

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alex22

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2020, 06:08 PM   #1

Asia Pay Tv Trust

Hihi all hope all doing well. Dont mind i ask is there still any hope for this stock please? Am vested in 200000 shares before the big drop and bought at an average of 50 cents now only worth less than thirteen cents. Its very heart pain for a normal investor like me. Any advice to average down or just totally give up this stock? Understand that the current managenent is reducing debt and trying to make this counter attractive again. Any kind souls can give serious advise please? Will greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance...
Brnzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2020, 07:50 PM   #2

You have to understand the current business risk. APTT is fighting against big players like Netflix, Prime etc. What do you think APTT will be going forward say 10-20 years later. Will you abandon pay tv subscription and opt for streaming services like Netflix how about other consumers? Hope you find your answers.
tcwehcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2020, 08:27 PM   #3

I took the cut and switch all into reits during mid March. I think I recovered at least 70% of the initial damage
ceciltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:59 AM   #4
Supremacy Member

Hihi all hope all doing well. Dont mind i ask is there still any hope for this stock please? Am vested in 200000 shares before the big drop and bought at an average of 50 cents now only worth less than thirteen cents. Its very heart pain for a normal investor like me. Any advice to average down or just totally give up this stock? Understand that the current managenent is reducing debt and trying to make this counter attractive again. Any kind souls can give serious advise please? Will greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance...
give up on this.

Was in it when it was packaged under something else called MIIF ... before they divested he rest of their businesses and spun off into APTT units or somehow.
I got some very odd quantity at the end of that and I've left it there to rot, being the residue of what MIIF was before.

MIIF
https://www.macquarie.com/mgl/miif

Last edited by alex22; 01-08-2020 at 03:12 AM..
alex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:07 PM   #5

Hihi all thanks for advices so all my hard earned savings just gone like that please? Any chances that the trust price will go up to at least twenty to thirty cents or go up to its IPO of nighty cents? At the very least my heart wont be so hard pain. Thanks all for advice again and greatly appreciate.
Brnzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:21 PM   #6
High Supremacy Member

Hihi all thanks for advices so all my hard earned savings just gone like that please? Any chances that the trust price will go up to at least twenty to thirty cents or go up to its IPO of nighty cents? At the very least my heart wont be so hard pain. Thanks all for advice again and greatly appreciate.
Think of it this way, before it goes even further south, square you position.

Yes you will realise 74% (0.50 to 0.13 cents) but with whatever you have, buy a growth stock. At least you might recover some or all of your 74% loss faster, than you keep holding on to this and if there’s no hope, it will just make it even more difficult to recover the x% realised loss.

By doing it this way, you are essentially just switching out your investment. So savings not really “loss” if you can recover.

Of course you incur brokerage fees, but I think that’s immaterial

Last edited by reddevil0728; 02-08-2020 at 05:44 PM..
reddevil0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:28 AM   #7
Supremacy Member

NO CHANCE.
THIS ONE WILL NOT EVEN GROW MUSHROOM
kurtgoh likes this.
alex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:57 AM   #8

If I want to be real nasty then I will encourage you to hold. Who know a miracle will happen.
ceciltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.