Time in the market, beats timing the market
Dollar cost averaging
Fundamentals have not changed
Long term, Dow Jones and s&p always increase
Every second you are not in the market, you are losing via opportunity cost

Swee. Strong holding power.

jermss

Reaction score
if you have holding power and you are going long you can slowly move into the market for good companies.. but keep some cash to average down further.

commie_rick

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm going to go in

Buy no scared, scared no buy
Be greedy when others are fearful
Time in the market, beats timing the market
Dollar cost averaging
Fundamentals have not changed
Long term, Dow Jones and s&p always increase
Every second you are not in the market, you are losing via opportunity cost

satki man. what did u buy ?

commie_rick

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you have holding power and you are going long you can slowly move into the market for good companies.. but keep some cash to average down further.

i made 1 order last week and another yesterday.
more to come

homer123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A reference from historical bear markets .. we are still in early days if this is the worst crisis since depression
106445553-158436108009220200316_sp500_peak_trough_recessions.png

homer123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...cts-worst-bear-market-in-next-couple-of-years

As global stocks attempt to recover from their biggest quarterly loss since the global financial crisis, veteran investor Jim Rogers says there’s worse to come.

The current rebound in markets may continue for a while following a bout of extreme pessimism, but another rout is imminent, according to the chairman of Rogers Holdings Inc. That’s because of a triple whammy of coronavirus-fulled economic damage, high debt levels and interest rates that are low, which will hurt when they rise.
Opening Day Of The St Petersburg International Economic Forum 2018

“I expect in the next couple of years we’re going to have the worst bear market in my lifetime,” Rogers said in a phone interview.

Stocks plummeted in the first three months of the year as worries about an all but certain recession swept through markets. A global gauge of emerging- and developed-world equities posted its worst quarter since 2008, even as governments worldwide pumped trillions to prop up economies and central banks undertook emergency interest-rate cuts.

The impact of the virus on economies “will not be over quickly because there’s been a lot of damage. A gigantic amount of debt has been added,” he said.

chrisloh65

Reaction score
I believe so.

S&P500 has gone from 2009 low of 683 till 2020 Feb peak of about 3393 points or about 397% increase!

Now S&P500 only drop 20%, people call that cheap and buy low at current price? :eek:

A more possible retracement would be at least 50% or looking at S&P500 crashing to <1696 points before it is even worth buying! :s13:

This is considering that 2020 crisis is VIRUS, not financial crisis which can be easily solved by Fed printing TONNES and TONNES of money! TONNES of money can cure financial crisis but not VIRUS! :s22:

A reference from historical bear markets .. we are still in early days if this is the worst crisis since depression
106445553-158436108009220200316_sp500_peak_trough_recessions.png

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.