Breadtalk (for discussion)

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
Breadtalk today's closing price is S$0.89. Sudden shot up. What happened ?

Desktop_1_zps5534aa4c.jpg
[/IMG]

gensity

Reaction score
At one period, I thought of investing in Breadtalk too. Look at the queue at Ding Tai fung... and the bread is so expensive and people still buy them... I really don't understand why people will pay more than $1.50 for one floss bread.

Logically, it take more effect for them to make a bread - need to employ one baker, one counter staff to pack your bread, another cashier to collect your money when you pay for it... all these are cost... Perhaps all the money earned went to the pockets of the staffs..

The stock price has came down quite a bit and I really wonder if it will bound back as Breadtalk faced a lot of competition. What they are marketing can be copied easily.

Quote u example:
AMK hub, people come out of train going to interchange, they would like to buy bread first before taking bus home. people r lazy to go down to other shop buy like 4 leave, etc or even outside amk hub. Unless they stay S11 there. Same as people buy bread liao go out take bus or mrt. Their toast box laggi worse. Price up liao but still crowded :s22:

But northpoint 4 leve location is better than breadTalk in my view. But breadtalk on other view may hold a better view.

Tamp } straight near to escalator.

btw i not vested. but regret. Else huat if sell now :s12::o

Dividends Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quote u example:
AMK hub, people come out of train going to interchange, they would like to buy bread first before taking bus home. people r lazy to go down to other shop buy like 4 leave, etc or even outside amk hub. Unless they stay S11 there. Same as people buy bread liao go out take bus or mrt. Their toast box laggi worse. Price up liao but still crowded :s22:

But northpoint 4 leve location is better than breadTalk in my view. But breadtalk on other view may hold a better view.

Tamp } straight near to escalator.

btw i not vested. but regret. Else huat if sell now :s12::o

Breadtalk huat, REITs also huat. :s12:

ChilliCrab_

Reaction score
Breadtalk huat, REITs also huat. :s12:

the yield isn't compelling enough to attract investors imo. probably they keep the bulk of their earnings to fund their aggressive expansion. if one's strategy is value investing, breadtalk could be a fairly good F&B company to enter (but of cos not at the current price). what do you think?

anyway personally i like their hokkien prawn mee from food republic (vivocity). jin ho jiak! :s13:

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it moving into their new facility ? Their new facility is I think 98% completed.

nicky3931

Banned
Reaction score
BreadTalk Group: Not fully baked yet

Summary: The 12% correction in BreadTalk’s share price over the past two days has helped to temper the sudden spike from late-Mar, and we take this
opportunity to caution investors against getting too carried away. In our view, a takeover by Minor International is remote at this juncture.
Despite impressive yearly double-digit revenue growth, BreadTalk has yet to translate the success to its operating margins. Although its ongoing
expansion plans are partly to blame, the pace of the margin declines does create some concerns over its operational efficiencies in the long-run. In
addition, with FY13 PATMI and dividend growth unlikely to differ much from recent performances, we deem BreadTalk expensive at current price levels.
Keeping our fair value estimate of S$0.77, we downgrade BreadTalk to SELL and urge investors to take profit.

Prepare for even lower prices ....

athulican

Reaction score
George got good team? From memory, he use his brother in China, Toastbox is by his wife. Anyone knows?

martin

Reaction score
Comedown to 1.38 now. Anyone buying? I bought some at 1.41 just few days back. Not sure to add more or not.

duhzmehz

Reaction score
daiwa why u like that !!

Breadtalk cut to ‘outperform’ with lower target price of $1.29 by Daiwa
Daiwa has downgraded Breadtalk from “buy” to “outperform” and lowered its target price to $1.29 from $1.31 due to its mixed 3Q results.
In a Tuesday report, analyst Shane Goh said BreadTalk’s results for 3Q15 were “a tale of two halves”.

Although revenue for the restaurant segment grew 11.8% from a year ago, 4.1% above Daiwa’s forecast, revenue for the bakery and food court segments was up 2.7%, 4.1% short of its forecast.

Management shared that recent negative newspaper headlines, which Goh expects to be a one-off event, dampened sales at its bakery outlets in Singapore and China for about a month, while the Malaysia and Hong Kong outlets underperformed.
Still, given the strong outlook for the restaurant business, Goh is raising its sales per outlet for the segment by 3.5-13.7% for 2015-17E, mitigating a 1-2% cut in our food court and bakery sales per outlet forecast given the recent underperformance.

Breadtalk is down 7.5% at $1.11.
~from Edge Markets

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.