www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Stocks, Shares and Indices (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/stocks-shares-indices-92/)
-   -   Capital World (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/stocks-shares-indices-92/capital-world-6139451.html)

oppoguy 31-10-2019 08:48 AM

Capital World
 
Capital World seems like a dying stock.

it is about 1 cent now.

its total cash is only 2.4 million RM. It has a current debt of 40+ mil rm.

can this group survive?


I have friends that own a unit at the only property Capital World holds, Capital City Mall at JB. Have any of you actually been to or heard of this mall? my impression is that many jb malls depend on sg to survive. i also googled quite a bit of bad review abt the mall.

Like many properties in Malaysia. The property was guaranteed a 8% rental return for the first two year. after receiving rental for 1 year, capital world told him they have got no money left and will stop paying the rental.

do you think that friends would be able to recover their capital investment?

Seah.tt 31-10-2019 01:00 PM

Need to ask Victor Lye

oppoguy 01-11-2019 01:04 PM

Who is victor lee?

yoongf 02-11-2019 11:03 AM

Any company involved with convertible bonds shd be avoided. Company mgt is motivated to fail.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www....of-loans%3famp

Seah.tt 02-11-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oppoguy (Post 123499947)
Who is victor lee?



Sent from Xiaomi MI A1 using GAGT

oppoguy 03-11-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoongf (Post 123513774)
Any company involved with convertible bonds shd be avoided. Company mgt is motivated to fail.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www....of-loans%3famp

it is not the convertible bongs that looks bad.

it is the interest they have to pay. it is 15%. it sounds almost like borrowing from loan shark

oppoguy 03-11-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seah.tt (Post 123522941)


Sent from Xiaomi MI A1 using GAGT

i still dont know what this guy has got to do with capital world.

Seah.tt 03-11-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oppoguy (Post 123529746)
i still dont know what this guy has got to do with capital world.

Check the annual report. He is in the team of directors

Sent from My CPF Account using GAGT

Seah.tt 03-11-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oppoguy (Post 123529728)
it is not the convertible bongs that looks bad.

it is the interest they have to pay. it is 15%. it sounds almost like borrowing from loan shark

I hate these... Always lend to related parties... It's like daylight robbery. Why not open the offer for all shareholders?

Sent from My CPF Account using GAGT

oppoguy 03-11-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seah.tt (Post 123532042)
I hate these... Always lend to related parties... It's like daylight robbery. Why not open the offer for all shareholders?

Sent from My CPF Account using GAGT

i tend to agree with your statement for a general case of fund raising.

but at an interest of 15%, i probably will not be picking up the bonds.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.