HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

China index fund ETF

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2019, 11:49 PM   #1

China index fund ETF

Hi all,

What are some names of the index fund/etf in China that is analogous to the Dow Jones/S & P500 that measure the broader economy accurately?
I. E. Big cap index fund?

Able to drop names and recommendations for research purpose as I don't know China market well?

Please contribute whatever questions or knowledge you have so that all can huat together

US China trade war will depress China stocks but not for long. Time to buy low is now imo
happi3friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:27 AM   #2

https://www.vanguard.com.hk/portal/v/total-china.htm?lang=en
Clone_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:36 AM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

http://www.csopasset.com/en/products/china-a50-etf
Old 08-07-2019, 10:51 AM   #4
High Supremacy Member

Sent from Motorola MOTO E (4) PLUS using GAGT
Sadisticnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #5
Supremacy Member

Hi all,

What are some names of the index fund/etf in China that is analogous to the Dow Jones/S & P500 that measure the broader economy accurately?
I. E. Big cap index fund?

Able to drop names and recommendations for research purpose as I don't know China market well?
We get this question a lot over in the Shiny Things thread. Couple of questions for you:
1) Do you want just mainland china? Or do you want China + HK + Taiwan?
2) If “just mainland China”, do you want the A-shares or the H-shares?

Anyway, “I don’t know the China market well” shouldn’t be an excuse - most of these ETFs trade overseas.

(And this is a bit snarky, but “please share so we all can huat together” is pretty lame. It’s not about us huatting together—and my personal take is that nobody who buys Chinese equities is going to be doing any huatting until the Chinese banks sort out their bad loan problem—it’s about you wanting a shortcut to “what’s the easiest way to get long Chinese equities”. You can be honest about it.)
Shiny Things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:20 PM   #6

We get this question a lot over in the Shiny Things thread. Couple of questions for you:

Anyway, “I don’t know the China market well” shouldn’t be an excuse - most of these ETFs trade overseas.

(And this is a bit snarky, but “please share so we all can huat together” is pretty lame. It’s not about us huatting together—and my personal take is that nobody who buys Chinese equities is going to be doing any huatting until the Chinese banks sort out their bad loan problem—it’s about you wanting a shortcut to “what’s the easiest way to get long Chinese equities”. You can be honest about it.)
Keeping an open mind and soliciting ideas from social media/edmw is also a form of "research". Whether I put in the money or not is for me to do some critical thinking.

And I disagree that this is a "lazy" way. Can't believe anyone would be lazy about their lifetime savings and putting that money to work. Blame who if lose money?

And if I pump money into a certain ETF, it makes that ETF more liquid so it's about making everyone huat

Nothing wrong with having a discussion in this forum so I don't get why you are having this bad impression

I am pretty sure some people would come across this thread and have the same issue so it's not just my few k but multiples of that to an ETF from interested investors.

If you think you worked really hard for your knowledge and want to keep it to yourself, it's really fine. I am pretty sure there are many who are willing to share their knowledge instead of being "snarky". Afterall, they also benefit if people pump money to support their ETF

Even if you know how to make money, but don't know how to 做人, what's the point?

Money is a means to an end

Last edited by happi3friend; 09-07-2019 at 12:23 PM..
Old 09-07-2019, 05:40 PM   #7

Keeping an open mind and soliciting ideas from social media/edmw is also a form of "research". Whether I put in the money or not is for me to do some critical thinking.

And I disagree that this is a "lazy" way. Can't believe anyone would be lazy about their lifetime savings and putting that money to work. Blame who if lose money?

And if I pump money into a certain ETF, it makes that ETF more liquid so it's about making everyone huat

Nothing wrong with having a discussion in this forum so I don't get why you are having this bad impression

I am pretty sure some people would come across this thread and have the same issue so it's not just my few k but multiples of that to an ETF from interested investors.

If you think you worked really hard for your knowledge and want to keep it to yourself, it's really fine. I am pretty sure there are many who are willing to share their knowledge instead of being "snarky". Afterall, they also benefit if people pump money to support their ETF

Even if you know how to make money, but don't know how to 做人, what's the point?

Money is a means to an end
LOL don't feel so butthurt la...you didn't even answer his follow-up question:

haizz...jialat sia
Shiny Things likes this.
FrostWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:08 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

Triggered.
SpeedingBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:12 PM   #9

LOL don't feel so butthurt la...you didn't even answer his follow-up question:

haizz...jialat sia
Lol, this sub section jin sad

Bunch of rich ppl looking down on others

And expect me to answer question after showing contempt for no apparent reason other than to ask question

I am not so desperate that I have to put up with arrogant people

I don't lack friends also

People in this forum 真的难相处

Hard to get along

Look at your bank account and feel entitled everyday

U happy can already

Last edited by happi3friend; 09-07-2019 at 07:19 PM..
Old 09-07-2019, 07:20 PM   #10

And expect me to answer question after showing contempt for no apparent reason other than to ask question

Hard to get along

U happy can already
Self esteem issues much?
tesarise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:27 PM   #11

Self esteem issues much?
tesarise

Use your main account la... Don't hide behind clone
Got self esteem issues issit? Hide behind clone?

No need use brain also can guess who are u

You want to be arrogant, it's your choice

But realize not many real friends around arrogant people

Your life, up to you

Last edited by happi3friend; 09-07-2019 at 07:33 PM..
Old 09-07-2019, 07:51 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

I learn something new about investment every day!
limster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:39 PM   #13

Hard to get along

U happy can already
Everyone on this forum starts out new at some point. But what differentiates those who learn something, compared to those who don't, is how much effort they are willing to put in to learn.

Look at yourself, you don't even want to respond to a follow-up question about the specific type of exposure you are looking for. Instead, you continue to self-victimize and assume everyone here is looking down on you.

No one is here to make friends. No one is here to laugh at others. Everyone is here to learn, even if this leads to heated arguments now and then.

But most importantly, one must have an open mind and be willing to swallow the humble pie. Only then can you decide for yourself what works and what doesn't.
pawn_king likes this.
FrostWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:43 PM   #14

tesarise

Use your main account la... Don't hide behind clone
Got self esteem issues issit? Hide behind clone?

No need use brain also can guess who are u

You want to be arrogant, it's your choice

But realize not many real friends around arrogant people

Your life, up to you
wah TS manage to profile me correctly 100%
as a prize, imma gonna try to answer TS original questions. but answer is probably wrong cuz i got self esteem issues

China ETFs on SGX: FTSE China 50 UCITS ETF
sauce: www[dot]drwealth[dot]com/etf-singapore/

China ETFs on overseas brokerages: iShares MSCI China ETF
sauce: dollarsandsense[dot]sg/investing-hong-kong-china-usa-7-etfs-know/

clone account not enough postcount to post links. self esteem getting worse
tesarise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:01 AM   #15

I suppose statements like this below are uncalled for?

"(And this is a bit snarky, but “please share so we all can huat together” is pretty lame. It’s not about us huatting together—and my personal take is that nobody who buys Chinese equities is going to be doing any huatting until the Chinese banks sort out their bad loan problem—it’s about you wanting a shortcut to “what’s the easiest way to get long Chinese equities”. You can be honest about it.)"

Anyway, I don't think Chinese banks got serious bad loan problem, so I don't know why there are people spreading fake news about it.

Everyone on this forum starts out new at some point. But what differentiates those who learn something, compared to those who don't, is how much effort they are willing to put in to learn.

Look at yourself, you don't even want to respond to a follow-up question about the specific type of exposure you are looking for. Instead, you continue to self-victimize and assume everyone here is looking down on you.

No one is here to make friends. No one is here to laugh at others. Everyone is here to learn, even if this leads to heated arguments now and then.

But most importantly, one must have an open mind and be willing to swallow the humble pie. Only then can you decide for yourself what works and what doesn't.
chrisloh65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.