HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ComfortDelgro *Official* (SGX:C52)

Like Tree800Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2018, 08:06 AM   #2476
Great Supremacy Member

do u know anyone uses ryde?

personally, none of the ppl i know uses ryde.
3 years ago, very few people used uber too

I only used them to go airport and once to cruise center
Old 16-04-2018, 10:24 AM   #2477

fact is that Uber has thrown in the towel and proven to be unsustainable
Lol, they have agreed to exit the market and turn over their market share to Grab, in exchange for something else. it's not like they went bankrupt. People in this forum keep throwing around the word 'unsustainable' as though they have seen Uber's financials for themselves.
leatherdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 10:27 AM   #2478

this competition crap is nonsense. u mean comfortdelgro didn't have competition all along ? Trans-cab, smrt cabs and so on... they all had different ways of charging rentals and so on. And as Grab CEO said, taxis and private ride sharing companies' competition are more than that - public transport like buses and MRT are also their competition.

If you are talking about the fares.. who set the way taxi drivers are supposed to charge in the first place? It was non-other than the government itself, not the taxi companies. Any changes taxi companies wanted, they merely proposed, the government still had to approve it. Plus, the whining wasn't mainly done by Comfortdelgro, it was done by the taxi uncles. When your taxi uncles are all complaining, naturally as a parent company you would have to represent them to say something.

Uber and Grab are definitely sustainable in the long term... but only when the prices are level with the fares you get when you are taking taxis. Maybe you will be able to get a 10-20% discount off here and there, but eventually the fares will end up being around the same, give or take 10-20%.

When you know how much taxi uncles earn per month, definitely you can easily see where how drivers can earn more despite passengers paying less. You just have to cut it from somewhere else, either like rental, petrol or other forms. The extra money has got to come from somewhere else. The question is, will Grab do that ?
That's the common misconception. The truth is it comes from passengers despite them paying less for trips. The reason is because Uber drivers still earned more per hour as the number of trips/passengers per hour is higher than taxi drivers, thanks to the app.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:28 AM   #2479
Arch-Supremacy Member

should i dump everything one shot
or in batches
Anyone ?

5star_pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 10:30 AM   #2480

or in batches
Anyone ?

Just make sure you do it while the knee-jerk hysteria is still in play
5star_pundit likes this.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:54 AM   #2481

or in batches
Anyone ?

Date 2013? Really?
Toni90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 12:01 PM   #2482
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lol, they have agreed to exit the market and turn over their market share to Grab, in exchange for something else. it's not like they went bankrupt. People in this forum keep throwing around the word 'unsustainable' as though they have seen Uber's financials for themselves.
Their financials are reported in news and press releases. Unless you claim that those figures are faked by Uber or the person writing it.

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=u...hrome&ie=UTF-8

so all of the people on this first page of search results have not seen Uber's financials for themselves, or they are lying.

Last edited by havetheveryfun; 16-04-2018 at 12:05 PM..
havetheveryfun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 12:02 PM   #2483
Arch-Supremacy Member

That's the common misconception. The truth is it comes from passengers despite them paying less for trips. The reason is because Uber drivers still earned more per hour as the number of trips/passengers per hour is higher than taxi drivers, thanks to the app.
Its ok.. no way to tell who is right or wrong at this point of time. Only time will tell.
havetheveryfun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 07:35 PM   #2484
Arch-Supremacy Member

sti on the way to 3,600 pts
5star_pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 08:01 PM   #2485

No profit after holding more than 4 years 4 months?

or in batches
Anyone ?

ervino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 07:40 AM   #2486

sti on the way to 3,600 pts

Beware the bear trap... The recent rally in both US and Singapore stock markets has been on the back of low volume. I cannot help but feel that the record earnings expected of US stocks has already been priced in to a large extent - the initial releases by US banks see losses or very little gain. Typically, a bull rally should be characterized by up bars with increasing volume. The recent volatility and higher prices but on back of low volume gets me concerned. While I would like to see prices head higher, I am very cautious that after US reporting season, it just may come crashing down. I was short but am staying slight long for this earnings season.... still way too many considerations simmering at the background - trade issues, Syria issue, US treasury yields higher, Trump political issues with his lawyer being probed etc.... On the bull side, there is still a lot of liquidity out there waiting to invest and a potentially strong earnings season... This wall of liquidity may well be the ultimate driver if we do not have any more bearish headline news on the policy and political front.... big IF
murphys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 07:47 AM   #2487
Honorary Member

or in batches
Anyone ?

You already sold your CDG last year
mrclubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM   #2488
Arch-Supremacy Member

ComfortDelGro acquires London taxi circuit operator Dial-a-Cab for £1.2m
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/comp...-for-%C2%A312m
5408854088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.