DBS Vickers bought over by UOB Kay Hian ?

higoodhi

Reaction score
Anyone receive email notification from their remisier that DBS Vickers (S) had been bought over by UOB Kay Hian and they will send you a consent form to novate yr account over to your remisier at UOB Kay Hian ?

Last edited:

wutawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have an inactive dbsv. I tink they forgotten abt me...

Trader11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone receive email notification from their remisier that DBS Vickers had been bought over by UOB Kay Hian and they will send you a consent form to novate yr account to UOB Kay Hian ?

Is this real? Better to double confirm

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
may be applicable if you use remisers to trade. I use the DBSV online, didnt get such a email.

intime

Reaction score
Got news say, Dbs already merging vickers retail equity business into dbs bank at the begining of the year.
And those retail equity staff are retrain to join the bank.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone receive email notification from their remisier that DBS Vickers (S) had been bought over by UOB Kay Hian and they will send you a consent form to novate yr account over to your remisier at UOB Kay Hian ?

More like your dbsv remiser has quit Dbsv and join Uobkh

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DBs still owns Vickers. It’s the remisiers that has been made redundant.

stewpig

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wait . I dont understand. Moi also receives this letter. So if u want to continue trading online, you stay with dbs will do?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Wait . I dont understand. Moi also receives this letter. So if u want to continue trading online, you stay with dbs will do?

Can screenshot the content of the letter?

starship888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DBS Vickers link below has explanation and Q&A

https://www.dbs.com.sg/vickers/en/transfer

Remisiers tell us to sign form and follow them to UOBKH.
But they never tell us that we can remain with DBSV. I only found out the truth when I saw the link above when logging in.
Seems I need to wait for letter fm DBSV to know how I can remain and whether anything changes even if I remain.
I also trade online only and don't contact my remisier

Anyone can show contents of the DBSV letter? I've not received yet.

Last edited:

chowck

Reaction score
I have an inactive dbsv. I tink they forgotten abt me...

Haha, mine just the other way round. Still have $2.00 outstanding owing to the very inactive UOBKH. They keep sending me these statements all these 10 years!:s22:

Wonder what will happen after if my a/c migrate to them?:(

wwf

Master Member
Reaction score
It’s only for offline trading, I will see that as phone calling.
Most using online now

chowck

Reaction score
For DbsV, if want to trade foreign stocks like HK or M'sia, cannot use their online platform - must go thru' remisiers.:( Not sure abt UOBKH.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I received the letter, really is Uobkh buy over Dbsv offline retail securities brokerage business

Looks like now all Dbsv account holder do not need to do anything, and will have all the transfer arrangements done by Uobkh, just need to wait for userid and password.

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depends if you trade via the standard 25++ min trading fees, or just use the cheaper version where shares do not hit CDP. Most trading platforms has 2 variants. UOBKH one is called UTRADE (IIRC).
i used to use their standard online trading platform , paid the min 25++ fees, and never had to pay custodian fees.

chowck

Reaction score
Do u all think they will migrate all your custodial stocks & balances (eg HK, KLSE, US ) over? Or these stocks will still remain under DBS bank?:s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.