Eagle Hospitality Trust IPO

tonylim1954

Reaction score
Bought some more at 0.655 , I keep the email from Eagle about the Queen Mary repair subject as evidence , believe the manager dare not lie in black and white .

homer123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought at .655 as well.. keeping faith with the business while riding out the sellout by 1 particular major shareholders . On the positive note, if SSH don't sell , we might not grab at a much lower price than IPO.

Last edited:

kenplicity

Reaction score
Bought at .655 as well.. keeping faith with the business while riding out the sellout by 1 particular major shareholders . On the positive note, if SSH don't sell , we might not grab at a much lower price than IPO.
What is ssh

tonylim1954

Reaction score

Are you referring to this Tong JiQuan ? Guess he over invested in many areas , now has to deleverage by selling some of his investments to meet other financial commitment .

tonylim1954

Reaction score
Based on IPO prospectus : Just my opinion ,

The DPU for 2019 will be USD4.27 cts , year 2010 will be USD 6.54 cts .
Not a bad bet even if the DPU is lesser by 5 to 10% of the projection, because the share price has been down by more than 15% .

tonylim1954

Reaction score
Some of my friends advised me to be careful with Eagle HT , reason being some SSHs are taking the platform of IPO to offload their holdings . Any comments on this ?

homer123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard there is a legacy issue with Eagle HT.. It was once listed in the US but got into trouble during the GFC and was bailed out by some SSHs. They have been holding this baby for more than a decade and some want to take this opportunity to free up their investment. That was in the past...
As for the future, I believe Eagle is pretty much clean up with the new management. I don't believe the IPO was meant to flee new investors as they have made considerable effort to do major AEI before IPO. The P/NAV at 0.7 also mean current investor are getting a good discount.. In June, they also hired a new CFO who is local reit veteran who used to run ARA and Sasseur Reit (which stock price run from 60ct to current 80ct).
While I am positive about the management, I still advise caution with SSH selling as they still hold more than 12%
Some of my friends advised me to be careful with Eagle HT , reason being some SSHs are taking the platform of IPO to offload their holdings . Any comments on this ?

cesc88

Reaction score
What’s SSH?

I heard there is a legacy issue with Eagle HT.. It was once listed in the US but got into trouble during the GFC and was bailed out by some SSHs. They have been holding this baby for more than a decade and some want to take this opportunity to free up their investment. That was in the past...
As for the future, I believe Eagle is pretty much clean up with the new management. I don't believe the IPO was meant to flee new investors as they have made considerable effort to do major AEI before IPO. The P/NAV at 0.7 also mean current investor are getting a good discount.. In June, they also hired a new CFO who is local reit veteran who used to run ARA and Sasseur Reit (which stock price run from 60ct to current 80ct).
While I am positive about the management, I still advise caution with SSH selling as they still hold more than 12%

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 problem with cheap is any M&A will most likely be DPU dilutive

r u vested?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

homer123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am vested small stake at current low price.. Don't think there will any M&A activity for this one given the current condition... Hopefully, it will be like Ireit/Sasseur that do nothing.
1 problem with cheap is any M&A will most likely be DPU dilutive

r u vested?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

1dollar

Reaction score
Bought some more at 0.655 , I keep the email from Eagle about the Queen Mary repair subject as evidence , believe the manager dare not lie in black and white .

Queen Mary is really a time bomb. Heard they have problem securing funds for maintenance and repair work for Queen Mary. And the state of Queen Mary could soon be unsalvageable. They may risk default on its lease on Queen Mary too. DYODD.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.