How to activate US trading account in POEMS?

Raynon

Reaction score
Can anybody how to activate the US trading account in POEMS? Is there a need to pay any extra fee for trading US market?

wutawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Contact your broker or poems.
Yes, there r extra fees.

For cash plus account,
1. Acct maintenance fee
2. Foreign shares custody charges
3. Cash dividend processing fee
4. Other corporate action handling fee
5. Currency exchange fee

https://www.poems.com.sg/pricing/

Last edited:

scudettoz7

Reaction score
I rmb just have to click submit after completing it online, and you can begin US trading Liao

Raynon

Reaction score
I rmb just have to click submit after completing it online, and you can begin US trading Liao
Whats the charge for trading US stock? Roughly how much per transaction if the transaction amount is less than 10k sgd

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Must do these 2 thingy....
1. Convert your account to dual currency. Otherwise, need to convert to US$ when buy and convert to S$ when sell.
2. Submit W8BEN form for non-US residence.

Raynon

Reaction score
Must do these 2 thingy....
1. Convert your account to dual currency. Otherwise, need to convert to US$ when buy and convert to S$ when sell.
2. Submit W8BEN form for non-US residence.

How to convert account to dual currency?

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons why some investors are still using poems is that they can talk to their broker and ask for help. my broker told me there are clients still placing orders through the telephone (they waive the additional phone order charge) :s13:

I am quite happy with my poems broker (same one for 10+yrs), quite responsive to my occasional messages though I do not use poems that frequently. I'm sure your broker will be happy to talk to you and help you. No need to depend on anonymous internet posts for advice that may or may not be correct.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.