How to Open a Stock Trading account in Singapore-Updated 2015

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi not sure right thread to ask : am acting on behalf of another party? My questions are

#1 If party want to sell off shares how do i know which broker/s are good/dependable?
#2 How long does the entire process take from intention to sell to getting funds credited to bank acct?
#3 Is there a standard brokerage commission/fee? If so how much?
#4 If party is old/bedridden/handicapped can authorize others to act on their behalf?

TIA to anyone who could assist me ya!

#1 - all brokerages in Singapore are good
#2 - 4 market days
#3 - depends on the amount, the fee are transparent, can easily Google
#4 - sign a third party authorisation forms

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
#1 - all brokerages in Singapore are good
#2 - 4 market days
#3 - depends on the amount, the fee are transparent, can easily Google
#4 - sign a third party authorisation forms

Thanks a lot for the above ya ;)

chottohen

Reaction score
I applied for some rights issue and the shares show up in my CDP account but not my trading account portfolio. The trading account portfolio only shows stocks which I purchased. Is there any way to sync the 2, so the rights shares also show up in the portfolio?

HelIoo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I cant tahan the Poems quarterly custodian fee anymore, if I want to close it, can I just withdraw all the cash and leave it empty?
Or I still have to send a signed form all the way down from Kuala Lumpur?

Yours is what poems account type? How much they charge?

Pocoyoz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for those using utrade plus, can transfer fund using atm ?
when u sell away the stock, will the money be credit to your bank or left inside the account:s11:

Maisul Kamil

Reaction score
Dear All I chance upon this thread and I hope this would help.

I have made a video on youtube explaining differences between cdp vs custodian account

I also have created an in depth 20 min+ video on how you can use the DBS vickers brokerage platform

I also have created an in depth 20 min + video on how you can use SAXO trader go platform

Do visit my youtube channel : Say Do Invest

I hope that my videos will help you with investing!

Last edited:

Zenosyne

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently very new here and have just been reading around. I've seen lots of people recommending to invest in ETFs as they are suitable for long term growth and lesser risk. I've looked online on Investopedia and apparently it states that Charles Schwab is the best website to open an account (schwab.com)

Would like to ask if anybody is also using that website or have any tips on investing in ETFs? Thank you in advance! :)

Hellopanda90

Reaction score
You can use Tiger Account, no CDP account required and registration can be done via the app. Easy and fast! It’s has commission-free trades when I signed up but not sure about now. You can google if interested. Hope this helps :)

Hi Anyone can guide me in opening an account for playing stocks? Thank u!

EastSider

Reaction score
Wishing everyone here a happy CNY

thank you to the members who subscribed using my code for Tiger Broker and also made some money off my stock tips :D:D:D

for those who have missed out..

Attached below are the promo

Using the code GLCDHB or u can PM me , you can get

1) Free Level 2 Market Data for US stocks for 30 days. (have to use the code)
2) Account opening reward - Free 5 commission free trades for U.S stocks & HK stocks.
3) Funding rewards - First deposit 2K for $30SGD , 5K for $50SGD, 10K for $70sgd , and 30K for $100SGD stock voucher.

Thank you to those who had signed up using my code.

Happy to learnt that some members have also profitted from the good volatile times like this.

Cheers to a good year ahead!

psytxtbk4exam

Suspended
Reaction score
I am thinking of sign up for moomoo account and refer to my family and a few goods friends who asked me about it but i am not sure how long it takes to transfer the fund back to your bank acc, can you all share how long it takes?

psytxtbk4exam

Suspended
Reaction score
You all don’t pm me anymore le, I Can’t Reciprocate. I didn’t reply to anyone to be fair.
Reason being:
To ask deeper one on one for more info, I don’t know who to trust with just a nick.
I only can put one referral.
Thank you.

kikuzushi

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering what are the cost n fees to buy shares using poems as realised the cash value dropped about $164 in a day n outstanding position is not paid yet. The brokerage fee is so much?

torrent06

Reaction score
Futu Share Leh Campaign for new customers (1 May 2021 - 31 May 2021)
- 1 free Apple share
- 180 days of unlimited free commission (platform fee + GST + other regulatory fee still apply)
- LV2 US market data
- LV1 SGX market data

Not a referral link:
https://support.futusg.com/en-us/topic128/h5
Bonus effective 17 May 2021
- Transfer your US and HK shares from other brokerages to Futu to get a one-time cash of S$50.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.