HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Hyflux 6% Perpetual Securities

Like Tree302Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2019, 03:24 PM   #1996

Is This form is for Btwz? Thks

Proof of claim form for perpetual capital securities holders (for Hyflux Ltd only
alt2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:49 PM   #1997
High Supremacy Member

That is why if you have a significant sum of money to invest, you have to invest in exchanges with strong regulatory bodies who can mete out punishments as well as companies themselves upholding themself to the highest standard of corporate governance so as to attract big institutional investors.

Singapore is not the place.
focus1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:58 PM   #1998

That is why if you have a significant sum of money to invest, you have to invest in exchanges with strong regulatory bodies who can mete out punishments as well as companies themselves upholding themself to the highest standard of corporate governance so as to attract big institutional investors.

Singapore is not the place.
Where do u buy your stock?
Toni90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:56 PM   #1999

I finally found the FAQ on Proofs of Claim: https://www.hyflux.com/faqs-on-proofs-of-claim/

2. Who must file a Proof of Claim? What happens if that person does not?

Any person who has a claim against (or is owed an obligation by) Hyflux Ltd, Hyflux Engineering Pte Ltd, Hyflux Membrane Manufacturing (S) Pte Ltd and Hydrochem (S) Pte Ltd) is eligible to file a proof of claim.

This includes bank lenders, trade creditors, noteholders, preference shareholders, and perpetual securities holders.

- Please refer to the forms at the following link:https://www.hyflux.com/financial-reo...oof-of-claims/

- Please complete the form which is relevant to you, enclosing the supporting documents and submit it to proofofclaim@hyflux.com or to Hyflux Ltd, Hyflux Innovation Centre, 80 Bendemeer Road, Singapore 339949

For holders of notes, preference shares and/or perpetual securities, the following applies:

- As set out in the Notes to the Proof of Claim Forms, if a holder of perpetual capital securities, preference shares or notes does not file a proof (this includes where the holder is a nominee, depository agent, CPF/SRS agent bank etc.), that person will be deemed to have authorised Hyflux to file a proof on their behalf based on the holdings reflected in the CDP records.

- Persons whose holdings are held through nominees, depository agents, CPF/SRS agent banks etc. (that is, not via a Direct CDP Securities Account) do not need to file a proof of claim form as their names and holdings will not be reflected in the CDP records available to Hyflux.

- The CDP records accessible by Hyflux do not disclose the identities and holdings of the ultimate beneficial owners who hold through their nominees, depository agents, CPF/SRS agent banks etc.

- Accordingly, from a legal perspective, it is the holders whose names are reflected in the CDP records (i.e. the depository agents, CPF/SRS agent banks, nominees, etc.) that are the parties who are able to file the proofs (if they so wish).

- If such nominees, depository agents, CPF/SRS agent banks etc. (who are the holders reflected on the CDP register) do not to file a proof of claim, such parties will be deemed to have authorised Hyflux to file a proof on their behalf based on their aggregate holding as reflected in CDP’s records.

Ordinary shareholders do not need to file a proof of claim. The scheme of arrangement will not be including ordinary shareholders.

8. I hold my securities through my bank’s nominee account, but I wish to file the claims myself. Will the proof of claim be considered valid if I submit it together with supporting documents such as a bank letter stating my holdings or my bank statement showing my holdings?

Please ask your nominee to file the claim for you as your name would not be reflected on the CDP records and the company will not be able to verify the holdings stated in your proof against what is stated in the CDP register.

If for whatever reason, your nominee fails to file a claim for you, Hyflux will do so based on the holdings reflected in the CDP records.

10. If my nominee/agent bank/depository agent files the proof then can I, the ultimate beneficial owner of the notes/perpetual capital securities/preference shares, be the one who attends and votes at the scheme meeting?

Yes. Once your proof of claim has been filed (either by the holder reflected in the CDP records or by Hyflux on their behalf) and the claim admitted, the said holder can appoint you, the ultimate beneficial owner, as their proxy to attend and vote at the scheme meeting.
The ultimate beneficial owners in such situations (that is, investors holding through such depository agents, agent banks, nominees and sub-accounts) who wish to attend and vote at the scheme meeting should instruct their nominee / CPF/SRS agent bank / depository agent / other relevant service provider accordingly.

After a date for the scheme meeting is ordered by the High Court, a notice to convene the meeting will be issued and announced via SGXNET.

Proxy appointment instructions (for holders who choose not to attend in person) will also be separately disseminated at that point in time.
kehyi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:08 PM   #2000
Arch-Supremacy Member

suddenly hyflux perps came alive on sharejunction..if can get CAD to investigate perp hoders got chance to be ahead of secured creditors if there is misrepresentation or fraud.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:08 AM   #2001

suddenly hyflux perps came alive on sharejunction..if can get CAD to investigate perp hoders got chance to be ahead of secured creditors if there is misrepresentation or fraud.
Can not lah. Hyflux can not be fraud. Only people who run it are. Have to claim from them.
Toni90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:09 AM   #2002
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lee ka shing laughing at these retirees

Brainless investors
sanzhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:16 AM   #2003
High Supremacy Member

Lee ka shing laughing at these retirees

Brainless investors
not that nice to make fun of our loss lah....
Old 12-02-2019, 03:15 PM   #2004
Great Supremacy Member

I finally found the FAQ on Proofs of Claim: https://www.hyflux.com/faqs-on-proofs-of-claim/

2. Who must file a Proof of Claim? What happens if that person does not?

Any person who has a claim against (or is owed an obligation by) Hyflux Ltd, Hyflux Engineering Pte Ltd, Hyflux Membrane Manufacturing (S) Pte Ltd and Hydrochem (S) Pte Ltd) is eligible to file a proof of claim.

This includes bank lenders, trade creditors, noteholders, preference shareholders, and perpetual securities holders.

- Please refer to the forms at the following link:https://www.hyflux.com/financial-reo...oof-of-claims/

- Please complete the form which is relevant to you, enclosing the supporting documents and submit it to proofofclaim@hyflux.com or to Hyflux Ltd, Hyflux Innovation Centre, 80 Bendemeer Road, Singapore 339949

For holders of notes, preference shares and/or perpetual securities, the following applies:

- As set out in the Notes to the Proof of Claim Forms, if a holder of perpetual capital securities, preference shares or notes does not file a proof (this includes where the holder is a nominee, depository agent, CPF/SRS agent bank etc.), that person will be deemed to have authorised Hyflux to file a proof on their behalf based on the holdings reflected in the CDP records.

- Persons whose holdings are held through nominees, depository agents, CPF/SRS agent banks etc. (that is, not via a Direct CDP Securities Account) do not need to file a proof of claim form as their names and holdings will not be reflected in the CDP records available to Hyflux.

- The CDP records accessible by Hyflux do not disclose the identities and holdings of the ultimate beneficial owners who hold through their nominees, depository agents, CPF/SRS agent banks etc.

- Accordingly, from a legal perspective, it is the holders whose names are reflected in the CDP records (i.e. the depository agents, CPF/SRS agent banks, nominees, etc.) that are the parties who are able to file the proofs (if they so wish).

- If such nominees, depository agents, CPF/SRS agent banks etc. (who are the holders reflected on the CDP register) do not to file a proof of claim, such parties will be deemed to have authorised Hyflux to file a proof on their behalf based on their aggregate holding as reflected in CDP’s records.

Ordinary shareholders do not need to file a proof of claim. The scheme of arrangement will not be including ordinary shareholders.

8. I hold my securities through my bank’s nominee account, but I wish to file the claims myself. Will the proof of claim be considered valid if I submit it together with supporting documents such as a bank letter stating my holdings or my bank statement showing my holdings?

Please ask your nominee to file the claim for you as your name would not be reflected on the CDP records and the company will not be able to verify the holdings stated in your proof against what is stated in the CDP register.

If for whatever reason, your nominee fails to file a claim for you, Hyflux will do so based on the holdings reflected in the CDP records.

10. If my nominee/agent bank/depository agent files the proof then can I, the ultimate beneficial owner of the notes/perpetual capital securities/preference shares, be the one who attends and votes at the scheme meeting?

Yes. Once your proof of claim has been filed (either by the holder reflected in the CDP records or by Hyflux on their behalf) and the claim admitted, the said holder can appoint you, the ultimate beneficial owner, as their proxy to attend and vote at the scheme meeting.
The ultimate beneficial owners in such situations (that is, investors holding through such depository agents, agent banks, nominees and sub-accounts) who wish to attend and vote at the scheme meeting should instruct their nominee / CPF/SRS agent bank / depository agent / other relevant service provider accordingly.

After a date for the scheme meeting is ordered by the High Court, a notice to convene the meeting will be issued and announced via SGXNET.

Proxy appointment instructions (for holders who choose not to attend in person) will also be separately disseminated at that point in time.
Filing proof of claims

Usually means habis riao....

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5A PRIME using GAGT
ccostagmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:39 PM   #2005

Filing proof of claims

Usually means habis riao....

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5A PRIME using GAGT
Very confusing . In short, direct perpetual securities holder thru CDP need to file or not?
alt2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:54 PM   #2006

https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...claim-to-march

Hyflux extends deadline for stakeholders to file proofs of claim to March 1

SINGAPORE - Hyflux has given creditors and stakeholders a two-week extension to file their proofs of claims ahead of scheme meetings as the water treatment firm undergoes debt restructuring.

The new deadline has now been pushed back to 5pm on March 1, from 5pm on Feb 15 previously, the company announced in a regulatory filing on Monday night (Feb 11).

Holders of the company's notes, perpetual securities and preference shares who do not file a proof will be deemed to have authorised the company to file a proof on their behalf, based on their holdings as recorded in the CDP (Central Depository), Hyflux said.

The company added that stakeholders can access the relevant proof forms at https://www.hyflux.com/financial-reo...roof-of-claims

Queries on the proofs of claim process may also be sent to proofofclaim@hyflux.com or investor@hyflux.com, while the company's support hotline on +65 3157 7999 is open from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (Singapore time).

Hyflux's call for proofs has caused quite a stir among holders of Hyflux securities, with some feeling lost and confused. Some were also angry with the timing of the news released during the Chinese New Year period, and that they had only two weeks to file their proofs with the old deadline.

Separately, Hyflux's group executive vice-president Cheong Aik Hock noted in a affidavit filed with the High Court on Feb 8 that the process of calling for proofs is intended to be "administratively efficient", and to allow the "restructuring agreement to be effected".

"I stress that the Hyflux Group has no intention whatsoever to hinder or prevent any of its stakeholders from voting on the scheme of arrangement to be proposed," Mr Cheong added.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:07 PM   #2007

How many companies on SGX have negative cashflow? How many "overpaid" their CEOs and associates?

Where is SIAS on these?
SIAS only comes out to steal the limelight when the ending is already obvious/"duh"..

lalelilolul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 09:06 PM   #2008

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...s-for-11243362

‘Independent’ investor-only meeting being planned by SIAS for Hyflux’s retail investors
Updated: 14 Feb 2019 08:11PM

SINGAPORE: Aggrieved mom-and-pop investors of embattled water treatment firm Hyflux will get to attend an “independent” town hall meeting organised by the Securities Investors Association Singapore (SIAS) within the next two weeks.

This closed-door session will not involve representatives from Hyflux and is meant for retail investors to suggest “feedback and ideas”, said SIAS president David Gerald.

“This is an independent meeting between SIAS and investors, not with the Hyflux board,” Mr Gerald told Channel NewsAsia on Thursday (Feb 14).

“At the moment, it is tentatively set for Feb 25 but we will confirm in the coming days.”

The investor advocacy group is hoping that at least 1,000 retail investors will turn up.

Investors, however, will have to bear the organising cost, such as rental fees for a suitable venue, as SIAS is a non-profit organisation and “does not have the budget”.

The idea of having an investor-only town hall session was first mooted by Mr Tan, a holder of Hyflux’s perpetual securities and preference shares, who sent a petition to SIAS at the end of last month.

The investor advocacy group then decided to hold a closed-door meeting at its office with Mr Tan and 50 other retail investors on Tuesday (Feb 12) night to find out more.

SIAS-appointed independent advisors from Drew & Napier and PricewaterhouseCoopers were also present, according to investors that Channel NewsAsia spoke to.

During the more than three-hour long meeting, many retail investors voiced their concerns on the dearth of critical information from Hyflux so far about its financial operations and key assets.

They were also worried about the possibility of a foreign investor taking a majority stake in the company post-restructuring and are hoping for some Government intervention, given that Hyflux’s water business falls in the realm of national interest.

Mr Tan, who preferred to be known by his surname, said counter proposals were also raised.

These largely involve creditors waiving coupon payments owed to them and deferring future payments until Hyflux sees a turnaround.

This is currently not on the table as SM Investments – the consortium that offered Hyflux a S$530 million lifeline last October – has said its proposed investments will go towards the “full and final” settlement of the company’s debts and working capital needs.

Hyflux has a debt of almost S$3 billion, with about S$900 million owed to 34,000 holders of its perpetual securities and preference shares. Unsecured bank creditors are owed S$717 million, while unsecured contingent creditors and medium-term noteholders have claims of S$915 million and S$271 million, respectively.

“Investors do not want to vote either for SM Investments or liquidation but now, they are being made to choose either one,' said Mr Tan.

"What we cannot understand is why the (SM Investments) proposal makes sense, as opposed to creditors not taking interest and management reducing their remuneration as suggested by SIAS, (thus) allowing Hyflux to recover slowly,” he added.

“Of course, we are assuming based on Hyflux’s most recent financial report released in the first quarter of 2018. The company may have their reasons but everything has been shrouded in secrecy so we don’t know anything.”

Another shareholder, who attended Tuesday’s meeting at SIAS and requested for anonymity, said: “Many of us have been worried about what we can do but individually, we can’t do anything or move forward in any way.”

On his hopes for the investor-only town hall session, he added: “If we can get together to decide on a counter proposal, put it into a petition letter with our names signed during a town hall session, maybe we can get something done."

HYFLUX'S TOWN HALLS "HAVE NOT BEEN EFFECTIVE"

Such frustrations and worries among minority shareholders have been building up since the second round of town hall meetings organised by Hyflux last month. Investors were told to wait until mid-February for a definitive rescue plan.

With that set to be announced in a matter of days, SIAS issued a myriad of queries to the company earlier this week and said it was “seriously concerned” that many questions regarding operations, valuation and accountability have not been addressed.

This does not help security holders to make informed decisions regarding the restructuring, SIAS added.

National University of Singapore’s Associate Professor Lawrence Loh said the strongly-worded letter was a “justified” move on the part of SIAS, as it pointed out several long-standing issues that remain unanswered by Hyflux.

With so much shareholder angst, Assoc Prof Loh said this indicates that Hyflux’s previous town hall meetings “have not been effective”.

“These questions are not new events that happened overnight. The ‘faults and defects’ in assets and remuneration packages are already in public documents or being asked by shareholders for a while now.

“We thought these could have been settled at the town halls, which clearly have not been effective. So much so that SIAS and its stakeholders now want to toss it out into the open," he said.
Old 15-02-2019, 05:49 PM   #2009
Master Member

Sob story come out in letter form .
I think hor ceo so Cham never sold her shares since 2006 .
rainbow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 10:41 PM   #2010
Master Member

auntie huat ah !

Trak is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.