LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2019, 03:16 AM   #2146
Master Member

Songbo invest in junk bonds somemore
Lol
InterestingStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 03:51 AM   #2147
Arch-Supremacy Member

Agreed. Just like there is a limit imposed on SSB (although no need to do so as SSB is risk free).

The limit should be imposed on more risky non-government investments.

Example of a possible safeguard:
Non-investment grade bonds should be imposed, say, max. $10k per pax, and/or a certain maximum limit on the total amt of capital that can be raised from public.

Or even, non-accredited investors can only invest in investment-grade bonds (eg: CMT, Fraser).
SSB too good that's why must limit. Otherwise, the wealthy people will show hand.

non IG why must put limit? No limit so that more people can be suckered in.
Old 23-02-2019, 08:00 AM   #2148
Arch-Supremacy Member

Personally i dont think the petition works..doesnt make sense to use taxpayer money to bail out investor

A more realistic one will be like what the lady in ST suggests, keep perps on books with indefinite maturity, or petition to increase recovery rate so delta with unsecured is lower

Nationalising tuas spring cannot la
arctician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 09:00 AM   #2149

Personally i dont think the petition works..doesnt make sense to use taxpayer money to bail out investor

A more realistic one will be like what the lady in ST suggests, keep perps on books with indefinite maturity, or petition to increase recovery rate so delta with unsecured is lower

Nationalising tuas spring cannot la
Any thing the government should buy up TS cheap so that they can sell cheaper water to Singapore. Buy at 1b and bail out investors.. these guys are dreaming
Nainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 12:55 PM   #2150
Honorary Member

dun mean to pour cold water..

but i hv always said that when ppl are willing to give up their civil rights, they will next lose their economic rights..
hyflux small investors r being trampled on ruthlessly n there is no one to speak out for them ~~
Old 23-02-2019, 01:46 PM   #2151
Arch-Supremacy Member

veto and whole ship will sink, maybe they assume perps are illiterate and will be forced to swallow whatever proposal on table
Old 23-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #2152
Arch-Supremacy Member

veto and whole ship will sink, maybe they assume perps are illiterate and will be forced to swallow whatever proposal on table
even if they are not illiterate, they will still be forced to swallow whatever proposal on the table . doesnt really matter.
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 03:01 PM   #2153

Collective power is actually very powerful but unfortunately the local small retail investors would have forgotten that due to years of brainwashing.
Nainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 03:17 PM   #2154
Arch-Supremacy Member

Collective power is actually very powerful but unfortunately the local small retail investors would have forgotten that due to years of brainwashing.
not when the collective only makes up like <10%. just look at some companies who got delisted in the past like ARA. almost every retailer you saw everywhere were saying to vote against, but the results still came up a whopping >90% for. Not even close.
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 05:15 PM   #2155
Supremacy Member

When will Singaporeans grow up and take responsibility for their own financial decisions? When they lose money, they say the govt must do this and must do that. When they can't get their way, they talk politics. Please lah, grow up.
NewInvestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 05:25 PM   #2156
Banned

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_c...t_rating_tiers

only buy AAA = "Prime" Investment-grade bonds .

Trak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 10:57 AM   #2157
Arch-Supremacy Member

Retarded.....
MrPippen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 12:10 PM   #2158
Master Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_c...t_rating_tiers

only buy AAA = "Prime" Investment-grade bonds .

The Lehman sub-prime was "AAA" rated with CDS issued by AIA. CDS acts like an insurance during a credit event. It was a mother of all event, AIA went bust.
peterchan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 06:14 PM   #2159
Master Member

Shouldn't the Banks and financial advisors be held accountable for recommending this shitty product?
Purplestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 06:20 PM   #2160

Strong words from Mr IPO:

https://srsfund.blogspot.com/2019/02...one-wrong.html

Hyflux - A bet gone wrong

Did Olivia see the downfall coming ?
Absolutely. Olivia probably saw it coming and all her actions pointed to it. For someone who is close to the business, she probably realised that 4 years into the winning the project that she made a wrong bet. Yet, she tried to kick the can down the road by using the "Hyflux" brand to raise significant capital $500m of perps issuance to retail investors in 2016. This allowed Hyflux to live a life on borrowed time. You can see that she is already planning for an exit by paying dividends in both cash and stock in specie - Hyfluxshop even when the Company is performing very poorly and is too highly levered. She is already planning for a life post-Hyflux.

The biggest con Job ever - legally

DBS Bank - What role did DBS play in this saga?

Board of Hyflux - Did the Board question Olivia diligently and rigorously ?

Are there undue preference when the dividend in specie was announced?

KPMG - Did the Auditors question the value of their assets diligently?

What role did SIAS play?

Why are there no class action suits against Hyflux and its board ?

How would Mr. IPO vote?
I haven't had a chance to sit down and review my options. I have already fully written off my $100,000. Since I have already fully written off my investment, I am in the "seeking justice" mode rather than being a rationale battered investor.

I rather see the company go under than being treated like this. I would definitely loved to see Olivia and other related parties being brought to justice if a liquidator is appointed. I would like the liquidator to recover Hyfluxshop from Olivia as well as determine if all relevant parties have discharged their duties responsibly. I will be voting NO but what about you?

Last edited by kehyi4; 24-02-2019 at 07:38 PM..
kehyi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.