Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5A PRIME using GAGT
ccostagmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 07:54 PM   #2162
High Supremacy Member

Strong words from Mr IPO:

https://srsfund.blogspot.com/2019/02...one-wrong.html

Hyflux - A bet gone wrong

Did Olivia see the downfall coming ?
Absolutely. Olivia probably saw it coming and all her actions pointed to it. For someone who is close to the business, she probably realised that 4 years into the winning the project that she made a wrong bet. Yet, she tried to kick the can down the road by using the "Hyflux" brand to raise significant capital $500m of perps issuance to retail investors in 2016. This allowed Hyflux to live a life on borrowed time. You can see that she is already planning for an exit by paying dividends in both cash and stock in specie - Hyfluxshop even when the Company is performing very poorly and is too highly levered. She is already planning for a life post-Hyflux.

The biggest con Job ever - legally

DBS Bank - What role did DBS play in this saga?

Board of Hyflux - Did the Board question Olivia diligently and rigorously ?

Are there undue preference when the dividend in specie was announced?

KPMG - Did the Auditors question the value of their assets diligently?

What role did SIAS play?

Why are there no class action suits against Hyflux and its board ?

How would Mr. IPO vote?
I haven't had a chance to sit down and review my options. I have already fully written off my $100,000. Since I have already fully written off my investment, I am in the "seeking justice" mode rather than being a rationale battered investor.

I rather see the company go under than being treated like this. I would definitely loved to see Olivia and other related parties being brought to justice if a liquidator is appointed. I would like the liquidator to recover Hyfluxshop from Olivia as well as determine if all relevant parties have discharged their duties responsibly. I will be voting NO but what about you?
Mr IPO waiting to get sued...

how can see Olivia purposely do it to get out while farking investors upside down.

Character assassination leh..

I passed up on all these type of preference shares and bonds ... because i have assessed the company and i know the risk outweighs the upside.

These bloggers really need to stop being so confident of their analysis and indirectly misleading a few hundred or thousands of mom and pop investors... >>. you dont suddenly bcome warren buffett by quoting warren buffet... or wat nots.

Last edited by focus1974; 24-02-2019 at 07:59 PM..
focus1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 08:23 PM   #2163
Supremacy Member

Shouldn't the Banks and financial advisors be held accountable for recommending this shitty product?

They give you their opinion n it is up to the consumer to decide for or against. Recommending is not the same as guaranteeing.
NewInvestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 08:47 PM   #2164
Arch-Supremacy Member

Shouldn't the Banks and financial advisors be held accountable for recommending this shitty product?
then ppl will also say sgx, mas should be held accountable (which some already did) for allowing this pdt to be listed and sold.. and so on.. no end to it.
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 08:56 PM   #2165
High Supremacy Member

Mr IPO waiting to get sued...

how can see Olivia purposely do it to get out while farking investors upside down.

Character assassination leh..

I passed up on all these type of preference shares and bonds ... because i have assessed the company and i know the risk outweighs the upside.

These bloggers really need to stop being so confident of their analysis and indirectly misleading a few hundred or thousands of mom and pop investors... >>. you dont suddenly bcome warren buffett by quoting warren buffet... or wat nots.
Yeah lor...

Some more Olivia lost like $700 million in net worth...

People only focus on her $70 million dividend and salary...

Sent from . using GAGT
focus1974 likes this.
crimsontactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 09:07 PM   #2166
Master Member

Yeah lor...

Some more Olivia lost like $700 million in net worth...

People only focus on her $70 million dividend and salary...

Sent from . using GAGT
Source ????
homedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 09:24 PM   #2167
High Supremacy Member

Source ????
Her shares are worthless now...

It used to be USD$2 per share...

Sent from . using GAGT
Old 24-02-2019, 10:23 PM   #2168

This guy Mr IPO so rich? Put 100K in a single bond?
Toni90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 10:41 PM   #2169
High Supremacy Member

Our very own Bro arctician also pump $100k into Hyflux...

Sent from . using GAGT
Old 24-02-2019, 10:55 PM   #2170
High Supremacy Member

I put in $250k per bond and I have a portfolio of > 10 bonds... and I also dare not call myself rich...

U know rich people put is $500k , $1mil per bond u know..

institution no need say..
Old 24-02-2019, 11:12 PM   #2171
Great Supremacy Member

I put in $250k per bond and I have a portfolio of > 10 bonds... and I also dare not call myself rich...

Wahseh..... U more than 2.5mil....

And haven't count your stocks + cash holding, car + house....

Really.jin crazy rich siol...

So donch always complain u no longer werk in gahmen....

ccostagmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 02:08 AM   #2172
Master Member

then ppl will also say sgx, mas should be held accountable (which some already did) for allowing this pdt to be listed and sold.. and so on.. no end to it.
SGX and MAS is not responsible for the investors' well-being. They just have to to keep out straight up scams and cheats from being listed. Risky or poorly run companies also deserve the rights to be listed.

Banks and Financial advisors though, are supposed to be responsible to the investor. If a product is risky, they should have pointed it out and made sure their clients fully understand the risk, or even just not recommend such risky products to clueless investors. If they failed to serve their clients best interest, it means they have failed at their jobs horribly and should pay a price for their gross incompetence.
Purplestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 05:45 AM   #2173
Master Member

U r rich even in EDWM standards! Ur right... 250k per bond is the minimum subscription... but u have more than 10... so that still makes u rich! Many ppl can't even afford 1 even if they wanted to put all their eggs into 1 basket!

madtari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 10:05 AM   #2174
High Supremacy Member

Wahseh..... U more than 2.5mil....

And haven't count your stocks + cash holding, car + house....

Really.jin crazy rich siol...

So donch always complain u no longer werk in gahmen....

gahmen job is the best!
pay well , do nothing more than meetings, emails and manage vendors.
tons of bonuses, leave, townhalls, teambuilding, lots of teabreaks and long lunch etc etc..

i think i work half a year for a full year's wage most of the time.

I really regret quitting my gahmen job.. If I have one advice to those who work, once u get into a gahmen job, u better hold on to it tightly, don't be lured by private sector.. unless u believe u r the cream of the crop that can rise..

if u r avg worker, civil servant job is the best, automatic payrise and keep up with market without competing with foreigners... basically.. gahment job is the best.
Old 25-02-2019, 10:07 AM   #2175
High Supremacy Member

U r rich even in EDWM standards! Ur right... 250k per bond is the minimum subscription... but u have more than 10... so that still makes u rich! Many ppl can't even afford 1 even if they wanted to put all their eggs into 1 basket!
if u can't buy a few bonds ... u shouldn't even be considering individual bonds.
U should be buying bond etf or bond funds... though it will diminish the benefits of having a bond.

Anyway, for most investors, especially teh young ones who have long time horizon and growing earning power while having little cash to invest, you should always be 100% equities and nothing else, apart from funding the property (HDB BTO 1st one).
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.