HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Hyflux 6% Perpetual Securities

Like Tree302Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2019, 06:49 PM   #2746

I'm really curious how many of these investors actually went to speak to a lawyer. A decent lawyer will advise not to blame too many irrelevant parties as it breaks the chain of causation...
"Opposition politician Lim Tean, a lawyer and founder of the People's Voice, Singapore's 11th political party, was also at the rally.

Mr Leong, who was in a mask, said Mr Lim shook his hand and offered him legal services. Mr Leong added that it was too early to determine the effect of the protest, if any."

https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...-hong-lim-park
gandalfthegrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 06:55 PM   #2747
Arch-Supremacy Member

"Opposition politician Lim Tean, a lawyer and founder of the People's Voice, Singapore's 11th political party, was also at the rally.

Mr Leong, who was in a mask, said Mr Lim shook his hand and offered him legal services. Mr Leong added that it was too early to determine the effect of the protest, if any."

https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...-hong-lim-park
never mind...forget i ever said anything.
Old 31-03-2019, 07:21 PM   #2748
Supremacy Member

Good lessons to learn from this Hyflux saga.

As a businessman, don't try to over-leverage or chew more than you can swallow.

As an investor, don't listen to the banks or invest too much money if you are not so familiar.
for hyflux case ....
so much being hidden ....
none of the 34000 is "familiar"?
audiovideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 07:31 PM   #2749
Arch-Supremacy Member

for hyflux case ....
so much being hidden ....
none of the 34000 is "familiar"?
This is normal.

Every few years surely got such sob stories. From clob, dotcom, minibonds to Hyflux.

A lot of funny comments here.

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...-had-invested/
Old 31-03-2019, 08:52 PM   #2750

I would also walking away if I am SMI.

All the recent development would not end well in future.
SMI have been looking for reasons to walk away, to extricate themselves from this awkward position. And rightly so, given the deep **** that Hyflux is currently in
justwakeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 08:58 PM   #2751

I don’t know why people who are not even or no longer vested in Hyflux like to brag about how they avoided or got out before it went down. Is it to draw attention to their “brilliance” or “impressive foresight”? I think if these people are so brilliant, they wouldn’t need to stoop so low to gaining attention in online forums. They would have been successful and too busy in the real world.
Old 31-03-2019, 09:07 PM   #2752

I don’t know why people who are not even or no longer vested in Hyflux like to brag about how they avoided or got out before it went down. Is it to draw attention to their “brilliance” or “impressive foresight”? I think if these people are so brilliant, they wouldn’t need to stoop so low to gaining attention in online forums. They would have been successful and too busy in the real world.
The same can be said for you.
Bombermankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 09:08 PM   #2753

Yah. Do that and say bye bye to future PPP projects.

After Hyflux saga, private companies will be more shrewd when going into PPP projects to make sure it is not one sided and only Singapore government wins despite them taking all the risk. They will mark up for risk factor. Unless they so stupid and desperate like Hyflux.
This is like blaming your parents for being punished by teacher because you never do your homework. The very basic thing that Tuaspring should at least be capable of doing is to run the plant with relatively no defects, and they have not been able to do this since day one. If your main source of revenue is affected due to your own incompetence, you have only yourselves to blame.

And to be fair to PUB, they shouldn't have any interest in how retail investors are doing, and it should be kept that way. Since when teachers need to take responsibility for students not getting $20k per month job in the future?
justwakeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 09:16 PM   #2754

At least I’m willing to admit mistakes made in honesty, I wonder if the same can be said for you.

The same can be said for you.
Old 31-03-2019, 09:21 PM   #2755

At least I’m willing to admit mistakes made in honesty, I wonder if the same can be said for you.
If you were really willing to admit your mistakes in honesty, you wouldn't have posted that either. Continue deluding yourself, just like the rest of the other Hyflux investors.
Bombermankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 09:27 PM   #2756

Yeah smart Alec, K.I.A and whatever shoes that fit u

If you were really willing to admit your mistakes in honesty, you wouldn't have posted that either. Continue deluding yourself, just like the rest of the other Hyflux investors.
Old 31-03-2019, 09:45 PM   #2757

If the contract is commercially unviable, how is it possible to attract companies to bid for the project? Hyflux is an experienced player in the industry. Would they bid a low price for a commercially unviable contract? Logical or not?

Well I cannot be sure. Maybe PUB did their scenario analysis, stress tests (that hyflux obviously did not do or did poorly) that lead them to determine that the WPA can be commercially viable. Who knows? But to give PUB the benefit of doubt? I wouldnt.

It is Hyflux fault that they are in this predicament. My question is, did PUB do their part to make sure that PUB engineers/staff, taxpayers did not waste their time effort and money by issuing a contract that is commercially unviable?

ie did PUB f*** themselves up because "lowest bid always win ez" mindset?
agau168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 09:50 PM   #2758
Master Member

Another interesting qns to ask is which is next highest yield other than 6% hyflux?

Actually at Hyflux time of offering, what are the interest rate of other PnPs at that time?

Any exceeding 6%?

Sent from . using GAGT
madtari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 10:06 PM   #2759
Supremacy Member

Another interesting qns to ask is which is next highest yield other than 6% hyflux?
Same 2016 time frame, maybe Aspial retail bonds, around 5.3%
tmkedmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 10:17 PM   #2760
Master Member

Well hyflux is the one that is bankrupt, potentially getting sued by it's investors here.

If anything their experience count for nothing, and they illogically (or at least stupidly) made a bad bid.

I don't know what point you are trying to make. Other bidders might have made more viable bids. Hyflux most probably did not haha.

If the contract is commercially unviable, how is it possible to attract companies to bid for the project? Hyflux is an experienced player in the industry. Would they bid a low price for a commercially unviable contract? Logical or not?
w1rbelw1nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.