HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Hyflux 6% Perpetual Securities

Like Tree302Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #3571

now my marriage need to call off.
thanks to OL.

gf also no confidence want to break off with me.

all because of hyflux retail bonds.

害死 人

bait people with 5-6% yield.

Declare problem company and want to wipe out 100% of the retail's capital loan.

this kind of legal scam can exist in broad day light in our finance hub

you have confidence ?
While I sympathise that you lost money, could it be Hyflux affected you so much that it affected your relationship eg you keep complaining on Hyflux ? Learn to let go. You are still young and can earn back unlike some retirees.

Look forward, don't keep looking back.
vsvs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:45 PM   #3572

thanks to OL.

害死 人

you have confidence ?

I thought ROM is quite cheap. Perhaps just book 2 tables in restaurant for very close relatives who attend the ROM. Usually, it is the girl's parents who object. Take it as a lesson learned and the money can always be earned back. Once you are a rich man, young girls will flock to you.
andyhtc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:30 AM   #3573

Look the way he reacted after losing money. Who stupid enough to stay with him???
Toni90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:51 AM   #3574
High Supremacy Member

thanks to OL.

害死 人

you have confidence ?
Brudder, I getting married this year also. Only 3 tables at a restaurant. No need to make it grand. Save the money for your Reno and you'll be happier living in your dream home

Sent from HMD Global TA-1004 using GAGT
coolhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:51 AM   #3575
High Supremacy Member

Look the way he reacted after losing money. Who stupid enough to stay with him???
I've a feeling he plowed him 6 figures in the bonds. Damn hard to take it in if I were him too..

Sent from HMD Global TA-1004 using GAGT
coolhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:25 AM   #3576
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks to OL.

害死 人

you have confidence ?
Who ask you to laugh and brag to those people sharing referral code in the OEM thread and showing off that you are getting 6% from Hyflux...

Also when a Straits Times writer wrote about Hyflux, you condemn the writer...

Why delete all those post in the first place? Now come here to share sob story?
makav31i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:13 PM   #3577

its obvious that nobody will be paid anything back .
sleepwell2nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:04 PM   #3578
Arch-Supremacy Member

Who ask you to laugh and brag to those people sharing referral code in the OEM thread and showing off that you are getting 6% from Hyflux...

Also when a Straits Times writer wrote about Hyflux, you condemn the writer...

Why delete all those post in the first place? Now come here to share sob story?
people like me already told you I am not from finance sector.
We are man on the streets. if I am so good I would be working in the bank
or working In mas.

but we couldn't even enter such sector.

why are you picking a fight with person with almost zero knowledge or a person who only attend 3 days course on finance stuff.

how can people like us beat the analysts , bankers, dealer in the bank, financial analysts? they are the one who roll out all this product to us. selling to retailer.

and by just having like a 3 days course you expect us to be like super expert to read hyflux p&l ? know everything like people from mas ? banks analysts ?

these people spent years studyying and working on financial related stuff vs man on the street ?

come on.

and the bank can arm themselves not only with lots of analysts, lawyers, policies writer and craft kiasu polices they can get back everything from the bonds , retailer get to lose everything.

what are these analysts in the bank for ? aren't they suppose to look with eyes wide open and not need polices to guard them ?
this is totally retail bullying.

if you are professional doctors who spend years on medical studies vs a person who spend only 3 days to read on medical stuff.

can person with 3 days knowledge enough to be called doctor ?

Last edited by dreamwork7878; 09-07-2019 at 09:18 PM..
dreamwork7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:56 PM   #3579
Master Member

With all due respect, if you have only 3 day's worth of training/exposure, then when people started raising red flag, you better listen and be wary or minimally keep your own lofty hope (or hopeless in this case) to yourself instead of berating that person who raised the red flag out of goodwill.

You only have yourself to blame seriously...
or working In mas.

why are you picking a fight with person with almost zero knowledge or a person who only attend 3 days course on finance stuff.

how can people like us beat the analysts , bankers, dealer in the bank, financial analysts? they are the one who roll out all this product to us. selling to retailer.

and by just having like a 3 days course you expect us to be like super expert to read hyflux p&l ? know everything like people from mas ? banks analysts ?

these people spent years studyying and working on financial related stuff vs man on the street ?

come on.

and the bank can arm themselves not only with lots of analysts, lawyers, policies writer and craft kiasu polices they can get back everything from the bonds , retailer get to lose everything.

what are these analysts in the bank for ? aren't they suppose to look with eyes wide open and not need polices to guard them ?

if you are professional doctors who spend years on medical studies vs a person who spend only 3 days to read on medical stuff.

madtari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:23 PM   #3580

When you invest and it goes wrong, do not blame anyone but yourself. No one asked you to invest in the first place. It was out of your own free will. So just take this as an expensive lesson and move on.
weng0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #3581
Master Member

or working In mas.

come on.

Just move on and pick another stock to make the $$$$ back .
The market so big , dun need to hang yourself dead on one tree .
rainbow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:54 AM   #3582
Arch-Supremacy Member

or working In mas.

come on.

You learn something for 3 days or have zero knowledge on finance and you pump all your savings into Hyflux PnP?They teach you to put all your savings into Hyflux in the 3 days?

Last edited by makav31i; 10-07-2019 at 11:01 AM..
makav31i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #3583
Supremacy Member

Whatís all the big hoo haa about?

Invest then lose money very normal what.

Kpkb simi. People say earn big money then you believe? Use your educated mind to do your own analysis man.

Happened since snake oil salesman era.
lovesleeping1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:27 PM   #3584
Supremacy Member

I thought ROM is quite cheap. Perhaps just book 2 tables in restaurant for very close relatives who attend the ROM. Usually, it is the girl's parents who object. Take it as a lesson learned and the money can always be earned back. Once you are a rich man, young girls will flock to you.
If girl because of money or down on your luck wants to break off with you then it is a blessing in disguise as you see her true colours. Only in times of crisis you can discover the real character of spouse/friend.

When one seemed successful or rich many people will want to por your lanpa too. When you are of no use to these people they will pretend they don't know you!

Moral of the story is don't look down on uncles/aunties who dress shabbily and take public transport. They could be in fact richer than us and are multi millionaires. Not uncommon in Singapore!

Drive fancy car or wear branded clothes are just superficial facade but bank account/cash flow broke as f*ck. If rich then ownself know is good enough. No need to keep up with appearances and announce to the whole world.

What’s all the big hoo haa about?

Invest then lose money very normal what.

Kpkb simi. People say earn big money then you believe? Use your educated mind to do your own analysis man.

Happened since snake oil salesman era.
Those folks after a 3 day crash course in investment and went all in one one single bond/counter can only have himself to blame for being kum gong. Macam bao jiak liew lian.

If investments are so easy to make money then every Tom, Dick and Harry can become investment banker with 6 figures annual income already.

Last edited by Mr.Canberra; 10-07-2019 at 05:41 PM..
Mr.Canberra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:39 PM   #3585

https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...st-400m-for-88

Hyflux 'progressing' towards deal with Utico to invest $400m for 88% stake

SINGAPORE - Hyflux's potential white knight Utico is looking to take an 88 per cent stake in the troubled water treatment firm with an investment of $300 million as equity and a $100 million shareholder loan, but the two are still working towards a binding agreement.

United Arab Emirates utility Utico also intends to offer the cash equivalent of a 4 per cent stake in the enlarged Utico group plus additional cash to holders of Hyflux's perpetual securities and preference (PNP) shareholders, both companies said in a joint update filed with the Singapore Exchange on Thursday morning (July 11).

After the June 27 deadline for Utico and Hyflux to enter into a binding agreement, "there have been informal discussions ongoing" and "the parties are now progressing towards a deal subject to approvals from all stakeholders and definitive documents being finalised and entered into".

"The parties are cognisant of time being of the essence to preserve value," they added.

Both parties intend to enter "definitive documentation in respect of the proposed investment" as soon as possible, and to hold townhall meetings for the PNP investors and the holders of medium term notes, "ideally before the next court hearing".

Details of Utico's offer to PNP shareholders will be announced prior to the townhall.

Previously, Utico chief executive Richard Menezes said in late May that as part of the overall deal, small investors of up to $2,000 to $3,000 could get 50 per cent cash redemption along with full redemption opportunity while the rest of Hyflux's investors could get a similar but staggered and cascade deal.

Hyflux added that there have been face-to-face meetings with Utico, and both parties met representatives of various stakeholder groups on Tuesday and Wednesday to discuss the proposed investment.

The company previously said it was in talks with seven different parties regarding a potential cash injection and wanted to enter into a binding term sheet with one of them by mid-June.

The talks followed a failed rescue deal with Indonesia's Salim-Medco group in April.
kehyi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.