Old 11-08-2019, 07:34 AM   #3722
Arch-Supremacy Member

So amusing looking at dreamwork7878 post

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS A5000
ctstalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:25 AM   #3723
High Supremacy Member

On 13 April 2011.

Hyflux offer 6% Cumulative Preference shares, N2H.

There are Only 3 pages .

https://filebin.net/5iygfz4ptmfw4hkl
Can help me check for sberbank if it is worth buying into? P/e is really low like 5.5

Sent from HMD Global TA-1004 using GAGT
coolhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:41 AM   #3724
Arch-Supremacy Member

The way I see it, it was just a poor business decision that led to the downfall of Hyflux. Putting too much into one project which failed.
If it is just due to Tuaspring, why did they have problems in their plants in Algeria? Also there is a delay in the completion of TuasOne WTE plant till today...So it can't be because of Tuaspring it affects their operations of both local and overseas plant...I personally think that Hyflux took on too many Capital intensive projects at the same time and the creditors are getting impatient due to delays on either construction of the plants...My own opinion that is...
makav31i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #3725
Arch-Supremacy Member

Case in point - The proposed legal action in the Telegram group never even took off.

Anyway, is your username related to 2pac ? Am a huge hip-hop head.
How to take off? In the first place they keep telling people that "there could be rich investors who are willing to take a cut from any recovery" or "The risk is 0 for these. The reward is recovery"...Which rich idiot is going to finance any legal action on the behalf of 34k retail investors and assume all liabilities if the cost is awarded to them? Also which rich idiot think that Hyflux have the money to pay out to them even if the court were to rule in their favor...

You are right about the username...
Old 11-08-2019, 09:16 AM   #3726
Supremacy Member

To repeat (and in fairness), they didnít approve anything. They simply didnít disapprove. The absence of disapproval is not approval
Wrong!

By not stopping someone whoís burning your house down, you are allowing it to be burnt. No arguments about it.
lovesleeping1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:51 AM   #3727
Supremacy Member

By not stopping someone who’s burning your house down, you are allowing it to be burnt.
Passively allowing an act to occur is not the same as approving it.

For example, the government allows you to eat as much as you want as long as you legally obtain the food. However, the government doesn’t approve of obesity.

Governments are not omnipotent, and we wouldn’t want them to be even if it were possible. They selectively exercise power, sometimes ineffectively. In this case the government took no action. That’s not approval — it’s just no action. “But the government didn’t stop me from repeatedly bashing my head against my refrigerator!” is not government approval to bash your head.

There’s way too much “herd thinking” as it is, and you’ll be quite likely to get burnt if you think that way. “Oh, Olivia had dinner with a minister, so the company she leads must be good!” No, she had dinner with a minister, and almost anyone can do that except perhaps residents of Changi Prison. The minister approved the salad he/she ate — that’s it. Use your head!
BBCWatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #3728

Sometimes ppl complain government control too much. Sometimes the same ppl complain government control too little....
justwakeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:33 PM   #3729

They didn't know it could be so disastrous when they announced this :

The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) also announced last Thursday the "exempt bond issuer framework", which allows issuers to offer bonds directly to retail investors at the outset without a prospectus if they meet eligibility criteria that are stricter than those used in the seasoning framework.

This was the week Hyflux perp ipo 2016.

By not stopping someone who’s burning your house down, you are allowing it to be burnt. No arguments about it.
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:41 PM   #3730
Arch-Supremacy Member

They didn't know it could be so disastrous when they announced this :

The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) also announced last Thursday the "exempt bond issuer framework", which allows issuers to offer bonds directly to retail investors at the outset without a prospectus if they meet eligibility criteria that are stricter than those used in the seasoning framework.

This was the week Hyflux perp ipo 2016.
Don't just quote partial...It clearly state this after that...

"Still, investors should do their due diligence and invest in only products which they understand and which meet their financial objectives and risk appetites, as investing in bonds is not without its risks.

A bond is a debt instrument in which the firm or issuer borrows funds from investors for a defined period.

There is a possibility the issuer could get into serious financial difficulties and default on the bond.

An investor could lose part or all of his investments in a default."

You think investors don't need to do their own diligence...If you think the PnP holders got a case against MAS or whoever, go and sue the party they think is responsible...If not, kpkb here to rally support for the PnP is of no use as everyone here at least got brains to think...
Old 11-08-2019, 12:43 PM   #3731
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sometimes ppl complain government control too much. Sometimes the same ppl complain government control too little....
Hard to find the balance
Same as the property cooling measures. Some ppl complained govt tighten too much. Some ppl complained govt tighten too little.
Dividends Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:45 PM   #3732
Arch-Supremacy Member

So amusing looking at dreamwork7878 post

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS A5000
Quite obvious he is just trolling
Dividends Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:47 PM   #3733
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hard to find the balance
Same as the property cooling measures. Some ppl complained govt tighten too much. Some ppl complained govt tighten too little.
Depends on which side are you on, both buyer and seller are on opposite side of the spectrum which benefit from any measures taken by the government at the expense of the other party...

Just like people complaining about rental at shopping mall is high vs those who are vested in REITS...

Last edited by makav31i; 11-08-2019 at 12:51 PM..
Old 11-08-2019, 01:36 PM   #3734

Are there any more of these perps after this Hyflux default?
Obviously MAS /SGX/DBS knew it by now....

It is also like LTA saying to those >70 PMD-fires owners. Told you the users beware...
And by now, they know what mistake after allowing so many imported.
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:36 PM   #3735
Arch-Supremacy Member

Are there any more of these perps after this Hyflux default?
Obviously MAS /SGX/DBS knew it by now....

It is also like LTA saying to those >70 PMD-fires owners. Told you the users beware...
And by now, they know what mistake after allowing so many imported.
This kind of logic is really retarded, so you expect government to ban something first before allowing it to be imported in Singapore? So you think anyone will know that their PMD will cause fire in the first place? What kind of stupid logic is this? You rather government ban stuff just because you want to argue on Hyflux...This is a new level of stupid...

Why not argue why th government allow Samsung Note 7 to be sold in Singapore as the phone would already be cleared for use by IDA in Singapore before they can be sold here...

Last edited by makav31i; 11-08-2019 at 03:39 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.