www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Stocks, Shares and Indices (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/stocks-shares-indices-92/)
-   -   Hyflux 6% Perpetual Securities (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/stocks-shares-indices-92/hyflux-6%25-perpetual-securities-5372221.html)

arctician 19-05-2016 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StockBot (Post 101436195)
in 2011 i think hyflux was like a hot stock, $2+
the IPO was very hot, u get 20% very good liao
and yeah first day up can take profit liao

this time round... after 5 years
hyflux fundamentals has weaken, and investors expect rates to go up
so I dont think it will be as hot
ppl will still press ba, but dun think will give 20% so less... likely will be more... I have to guess maybe 40-50% for retail

i never think so much, just know i have to press, stag and go :s13:

to me this is low risk high return

SCG8866T 19-05-2016 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arctician (Post 101436521)
i never think so much, just know i have to press, stag and go :s13:

to me this is low risk high return

Hyflux has much better fundamentals than oxley and aspial. Although cant compare like that as water business very diff from property business which needs alot more loan. Net asset after deducting all liabilities is ard S$1.2bil. Net debt to equity also below 1 at 0.99x. They supplying 35% of water in Singapore. Their 750mil waste to energy contract with NEA will give them a decade of recurring income. Only prob i see is their cash flow, future order book growth and debt management. Their loan interest is eating away at their bottom line.

SpinFire 19-05-2016 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCG8866T (Post 101438417)
Hyflux has much better fundamentals than oxley and aspial. Although cant compare like that as water business very diff from property business which needs alot more loan. Net asset after deducting all liabilities is ard S$1.2bil. Net debt to equity also below 1 at 0.99x. They supplying 35% of water in Singapore. Their 750mil waste to energy contract with NEA will give them a decade of recurring income. Only prob i see is their cash flow, future order book growth and debt management. Their loan interest is eating away at their bottom line.

Does the debt component used in calculation include the preferred shares and perpetual securities? If I'm not wrong, these loans are considered equity on the balance sheet, and may understate the debt levels.

I wonder how's the subscription rate for the tranche reserved for Hyflux staff. The placement tranche subscription is hot. Any insiders here who can comment? :D

thegodfather 19-05-2016 10:54 AM

may i know how does one subscrible or buy this? o have never bought bonds before can anyone share and is there a min amount? 6% /year is not bad leh..

luxcan 19-05-2016 11:23 AM

I wouldn't touch it

I have been following (or own) hyflux stocks since 2013. It seems to me that Hyflux is having difficulties sourcing for new incomes or meeting construction deadline (which in the end incurred further operating costs).

Dahej Plant
They are rewarded to build a 336,000 m3/day SWRO desalination plant in Dahej in 2012. In their 2013 and 2014 annual reports, they have been reporting that they are "working on it". In 2015 report, they have secretly remove the project.

What actually happened to it:
http://www.financialexpress.com/arti...of-day/122971/

Tuaspring
Won tender to build desalination plant and a power facility to power up the desalination plant in 2011. The desalination plant has been completed in 2013 but the power facility has been delayed til 2015 which incurred extra operating costs as the plant has to "buy" power from other sources.

Losing out on local desalination plant contracts.
As someone mentioned, most of Hyflux revenues comes from Singapore, hence it is worrying that Hyflux started to lose out local desalination and newater contract (after Tuaspring project).

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...r-plant-changi
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...d/2265030.html

It is important to see if Hyflux manage to clinch the upcoming 4th desalination plant.

Disclaimer: Above is just my noob opinion on Hyflux and yes, i am still holding Hyflux stocks.

arctician 19-05-2016 11:30 AM

i dont hold any hyflux stocks, but i hold their CPS since 2011

the gist is..hyflux is not a gd stock to hold long term, but its a definite good stag

i will be happy to get $50k of allocation :s13:

Optionstrader 19-05-2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StockBot (Post 101436092)
uncles and auntie will buy

I am not pressing for sure

i rather get a good reit that pays 6% than a 6% junk bond

it's a junk bond

Sent from Asus ASUS_Z00AD using GAGT

Optionstrader 19-05-2016 11:32 AM

From 2 dollar plus to 56 cents

Dix 19-05-2016 11:40 AM

Did any of you read the newspaper ad that state:"The issuer may, at its sole discretion, elect not to pay a distribution, scheduled to be paid on a Distribution Payment Datem..."?
Anyone can advise on above?

arctician 19-05-2016 11:41 AM

think it has a cumulative feature

not gd to hold..but gd to pump in and out

Optionstrader 19-05-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dix (Post 101442225)
Did any of you read the newspaper ad that state:"The issuer may, at its sold discretion, elect not to pay a distribution, scheduled to be paid on a Distribution Payment Datem..."?
Anyone can advise on above?

hyflux is a freaking scam!!!

Dix 19-05-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asphodeli (Post 101406088)
EDIT: PHS is out, wow, seems like a damn good deal unless Hyflux calls it back (it's an "all or nothing" callable, first call date May 2020)? Usually this sort of terms is only available for institutionals/AIs, I think. And at 6% for the next 4 years...wow. If the 4-year SOR rate goes up in 2020, Hyflux will definitely have to call this.

Let's say the SOR rate is very low in 4 years time...the new rate after 4 years came out to 6.1%....does this new rate stay for another 4 years? How does it work?

thegodfather 19-05-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StockBot (Post 101442095)
during semb corp agm, ceo got mention that nowadays water treatment technology is quite open... a lot of companies are able to build water treatment plants, thus the returns on investments in this area is very low

not sure if you know but sembcorp is planing to do energy and water treatment.

Wood41 19-05-2016 12:45 PM

Don't read too much.
Buy not bye.
Buy for fun.

arctician 19-05-2016 01:01 PM

do u think hyflux will open below PAR on 1st day? chances are near to zero

just because of this reason i will buy

a 1% upside for $100k allocation equals to $1k liao..alot money..this low cost high return strategy with zero commission in a single day..hard to find :o

edit: should be low risk high return lol