Hyflux 6% Perpetual Securities

Titus3

Reaction score
They are no obliged to redeem the security. But if not redeemed by end Apr the interest will step up to 8%. If they fail to pay interest, the interest due will accumulate as a debt due to holders until paid.

Means no point to sell at loss unless people think they are going to “close shop”?

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow wiped out nearly half...lots of married deals though...something's up

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow preference shares and bonds are supposed to be risk free investments, surprised this went all way down..

xitrumch

Reaction score
wow preference shares and bonds are supposed to be risk free investments, surprised this went all way down..

ya, it is less risky when compared to equity, but still have to look at the company credential to assess the risk level...

rstopel

Master Member
Reaction score
Market thinks ah Lum cannot sell asset at close to book value. No asset sale, no bond redemption. Co got no cash flow from operations

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Market thinks ah Lum cannot sell asset at close to book value. No asset sale, no bond redemption. Co got no cash flow from operations

got source? i am surprised the share price remain stable..usually if no coupon payout to perps, ordinary sharholder no dividend also

rstopel

Master Member
Reaction score
got source? i am surprised the share price remain stable..usually if no coupon payout to perps, ordinary sharholder no dividend also

Stable?

YEczxJ1.jpg

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think you really got it wrong. They carry some risks.

The Noble and Swiber bonds serve good examples. The companies financial standings are important and their declines were slow. So ample time for bondholders to react.

Sai777

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is probably one of worst I had in recent years. Really CMI

hindsight

Master Member
Reaction score
I think you really got it wrong. They carry some risks.

The Noble and Swiber bonds serve good examples. The companies financial standings are important and their declines were slow. So ample time for bondholders to react.

Yea preference shares are definitely not risk free, in fact they only rank senior to ordinary shareholders, even bonds regularly take 50-70% haircuts when things turn out badly for the company.

Investors need to learn how to analyse financials of individual companies if they want to put their money in preference shares or bonds of individual companies, there is no free lunch.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.