HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Interactive Broker Commission/Brokerage Fee

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2018, 12:22 AM   #1

Interactive Broker Commission/Brokerage Fee

Hi guys! I was thinking of opening an IB account since I heard that it has a lower comms rate as compared to other brokers. just wish to get more information from you people here.

I understand that there is a Monthly Comms of $10USD. But i wish to know what are the rates for each trade for the US Stocks? I saw on web it was $1USD but i just wish to confirm with the people here who are using that platform!

Thanks in advance!

Sent from Xiaomi MI 6 using GAGT
EmporioArmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:52 AM   #2

There's a thread right in Money Mind for this:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/m...g-4053471.html

Yes, it appears that minimum commission is USD $10.
JuniorLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:00 AM   #3
Master Member

Must trade more per month?
Opps-gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:07 AM   #4
Master Member

Got minimum trade.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/m...g-4053471.html

I didn't join, so not sure how it works.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:13 AM   #5
Great Supremacy Member

if need to worry about trading cost, chiu are not suitable to trade, as simple as that.

just like owning a car and need to worry about the running cost, better take BMW.

Kinetic88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:22 AM   #6
Master Member

I think is more suitable for those who do more trade. Most of the time I didn't do much trade. So sticking to local brokerage.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:52 AM   #7
Supremacy Member

Hi guys! I was thinking of opening an IB account since I heard that it has a lower comms rate as compared to other brokers. just wish to get more information from you people here.

I understand that there is a Monthly Comms of $10USD. But i wish to know what are the rates for each trade for the US Stocks? I saw on web it was $1USD but i just wish to confirm with the people here who are using that platform!
I think some of these are partial fills, but I pulled my trading records for this year to date and I'm averaging about 40-50 US cents per trade for US equities, 30 cents per trade for US equity options, and $2 a trade for US futures.

Things that might make a difference: I'm on tiered pricing; I usually add liquidity; and I always use IBKR's smart-router instead of routing to a specific exchange.

if need to worry about trading cost, chiu are not suitable to trade, as simple as that.
I'd disagree with that. The more often you trade, the more you care about cheap brokerage and good execution, no?
Shiny Things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:01 PM   #8

I think some of these are partial fills, but I pulled my trading records for this year to date and I'm averaging about 40-50 US cents per trade for US equities, 30 cents per trade for US equity options, and $2 a trade for US futures.

Things that might make a difference: I'm on tiered pricing; I usually add liquidity; and I always use IBKR's smart-router instead of routing to a specific exchange.

I'd disagree with that. The more often you trade, the more you care about cheap brokerage and good execution, no?
I was looking at the Tiered Pricing. They were saying that for US stocks, it will be priced at 0.0035USD per share.

So example if i were to have buy 1000units and sell 1000 units in that month, does it means that my commission will be $7USD, adding on a $10USD charge monthly which means my total comms for that month will be $17USD?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 6 using GAGT
EmporioArmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:16 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

kinetic shu shu is probably referring to the SSI warriors that constantly ask questions about minor things but are too scared to buy anything.

i find that ARCA gives me the lowest commissions.

I am very suspicious about exchanges like ISLAND. I have been routed there before and hammered with much higher commissions. The only explanation for my higher comms in some of these exchanges s that they somehow managed to convert me from a 'maker' into a 'taker', eg: by orders vanishing and suddenly i become a taker.
limster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:35 PM   #10
Master Member

So example if i were to have buy 1000units and sell 1000 units in that month, does it means that my commission will be $7USD, adding on a $10USD charge monthly which means my total comms for that month will be $17USD?
No. The US$10 is a monthly minimum commission. If you have US$7 of commissions for the month, then (assuming your total account value is below US$100,000) you will be charged...US$10, the monthly minimum.

You are charged the monthly minimum (only) or your total commissions for the month, whichever is higher. But not both.
BBCWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:40 PM   #11

No. The US$10 is a monthly minimum commission. If you have US$7 of commissions for the month, then (assuming your total account value is below US$100,000) you will be charged...US$10, the monthly minimum.

You are charged the monthly minimum (only) or your total commissions for the month, whichever is higher. But not both.
is it worth to pay for this min 10/mth fee?
assuming trading one or twice a month.
and also , how close is the spread from XE.com for USDSGD?
foozgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:21 PM   #12
Master Member

just like owning a car and need to worry about the running cost, better take BMW.
True... its always good to have more people who more willing to pay and less calculative, keeps economy running and very good for business owners
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:25 PM   #13
Great Supremacy Member

True... its always good to have more people who more willing to pay and less calculative, keeps economy running and very good for business owners
小財不出大財不進

Old 06-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #14
Great Supremacy Member

Just in case you wish to trade stocks on SGX, there are local brokerages pricing even lower than IB, the latter costing 0.08% for fixed and 0.02% for tiered, if you are "big"enough.

My last SGX trade was done at 0.001%.
csb.

pls name the brokerage.

Old 06-03-2018, 04:17 PM   #15
Supremacy Member

something is wrong? if your trade commission is $7 that month, $10-7=3, so that month you only need to pay $3 but not $10

Last edited by awful999; 06-03-2018 at 04:20 PM..
awful999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.