Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2018, 08:42 PM   #91
Master Member

Uk Etf no 0.50%. You will know when you confirm
assiak71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:08 AM   #92

Uk Etf no 0.50%. You will know when you confirm
Looking to use SCB to purchase some IWDA maybe bi-annually.

i have SGD and USD account now. Do i need to do anything else?
aLpHa-Ev7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:08 PM   #93

Looking to use SCB to purchase some IWDA maybe bi-annually.

i have SGD and USD account now. Do i need to do anything else?
Just make sure you have 1K and 2K balance maintained in your SGD & USD account respectively after pulling out funds for IWDA. Otherwise, you will subject to the penalty fees.
iMasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #94
Supremacy Member

Just make sure you have 1K and 2K balance maintained in your SGD & USD account respectively after pulling out funds for IWDA. Otherwise, you will subject to the penalty fees.
I don't have 1k in my SGD account and I don't have 2k in my USD account and I've never been subject to penalty fees. I guess it all depends on what account you set up.
limster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:02 PM   #95
High Supremacy Member

I don't have 1k in my SGD account and I don't have 2k in my USD account and I've never been subject to penalty fees. I guess it all depends on what account you set up.
Ya, depends on account. My scb need the 1k maintenance but sgd only. All my other fx account are foc but for trading only.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:22 PM   #96

May I know what account did you set up?
iMasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:54 AM   #97
Supremacy Member

Available on DBS Vickers as well.
DBS will be held in our CDP while SCB in custody?
endlssorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #98
Supremacy Member

Is there a monthly maintenance fees using SCB, DBS or other?
endlssorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 11:47 PM   #99

Question about IWDA dividends

Hi everyone. Newcomer to investing and ETFs here, so sorry if its a stupid question. I read that IWDA dividends are reinvested, but i was wondering how it would be possible to track what the dividends are or how much has been paid out. If it goes back into the ETF price, how do we know if the price increases are because of the market or because of the dividend? Can anyone help to explain please?

Thanks!
ceddynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 08:15 AM   #100
Master Member

Hi everyone. Newcomer to investing and ETFs here, so sorry if its a stupid question. I read that IWDA dividends are reinvested, but i was wondering how it would be possible to track what the dividends are or how much has been paid out. If it goes back into the ETF price, how do we know if the price increases are because of the market or because of the dividend? Can anyone help to explain please?

Thanks!
A passive investor does not care about such things but just look at total return relative to the total return net benchmark.
assiak71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 08:29 AM   #101
Supremacy Member

Thanks!
A passive investor does not care about such things but just look at total return relative to the total return net benchmark.

Yup you got to decide if you are a passive investor in which case IWDA is best for you, otherwise go for ETF that declare dividends if you want to control how to reinvest.
limster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 11:32 AM   #102
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks!
Yeah if you are really a passive investor, you shouldn't be overly concerned about those stuff.

IWDA is holding thousands of stocks from around the world. Each stock will have different payable dates throughout the calendar year.

So it is not practical to identify every payout from each company.
Old 23-08-2018, 12:44 PM   #103

i think some people are confused about the concept of "accumulating fund". They somehow think that these funds "declare" a dividend at a certain fixed time, which somehow becomes accumulated in a mysterious, secret process instead of being paid out

It doesn't work that way - afaik, an accumulating fund channel any income it receives (such as dividends from they stocks they own) into the fund's own NAV, which is then used to buy more of the shares it is supposed to own. This probably happens whenever they receive income
K|muRa^84 likes this.
kehyi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #104

Is there a 'right' time to buy the IWDA? Of course it is very high now after the many years bull-run we've had, so if I were to invest in it for the 1st time, is this wise? People say not to time the market, but how wise will it be to be buying at such high?
emeleno123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #105

Thanks!
also a newbie question here: if IWDA's dividends are reinvested, how come the number of my units is never changed (increased)?

Last edited by fun4life; 23-08-2018 at 02:46 PM..
fun4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.