POSB Invest Saver

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To me I DIY using SCB

Not able to catch the lowest price for the month but at least should be lower than posb do for me.

Last jan & feb what price do posb bid for STI?

denn23

Master Member
Reaction score
To me I DIY using SCB

Not able to catch the lowest price for the month but at least should be lower than posb do for me.

Last jan & feb what price do posb bid for STI?

i do this too but unfortunately, its not really DCA though.

hcwickz

Reaction score
I just saw my feb E statement , i saw $105.82 under investment and $100.64 in the table chart. what is the $105.82 referring to ?

Average

Banned
Reaction score

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Which makes posb invest saver great for lazy investors. Everything is auto once the set up is done + the returns is superior

hi, can explain why it is not DCA when invesing in SCB with the same fixed interval, fixed price as POSB invest saver?

Darkzi0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, can explain why it is not DCA when invesing in SCB with the same fixed interval, fixed price as POSB invest saver?

u buy fixed number of shares (e.g 100 shares each month) using SCB while a true DCA requires u to buy a fixed dollar of shares (e.g. $300 each month).

The difference is that when the market is extremely expensive,
u buy 100 shares with SCB, but u buy less with DCA. When the market is extremely cheap, u buy 100 shares with SCB, but u buy more with DCA. this is made possible bcos invest saver allows u to buy odd lot (e.g. 103 shares).

This means that by using DCA, u are systematically forcing urself to buy more when things are cheap. In the long run, ur cost per share using DCA will be lower which translate to higher returns.

Last edited:

IAmZTX

Reaction score
u buy fixed number of shares (e.g 100 shares each month) using SCB while a true DCA requires u to buy a fixed dollar of shares (e.g. $300 each month).

The difference is that when the market is extremely expensive,
u buy 100 shares with SCB, but u buy less with DCA. When the market is extremely cheap, u buy 100 shares with SCB, but u buy more with DCA. this is made possible bcos invest saver allows u to buy odd lot (e.g. 103 shares).

This means that by using DCA, u are systematically forcing urself to buy more when things are cheap. In the long run, ur cost per share using DCA will be lower which translate to higher returns.

I see.. Thank you.

Average

Banned
Reaction score
Which makes posb invest saver great for lazy investors. Everything is auto once the set up is done + the returns is superior

Ikr but previously the mkt downturn presents wonderful opportunity to buy many counters cheaply. So i went ahead to pew pew pew after stopping invest saver.

hcwickz

Reaction score
How to know when posb help us to buy the unit ? according to my estatement , they only credit it at $2.72 at 29 march , shouldn't it be 12 march ?

Average

Banned
Reaction score
U havent dig their faqs deep enuf yet. Iirc, they will take 12th or 13th of each mth, then its closing price.

radioshack

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check..So indicative price is the amount i will receive when i sell all my units? Correct?

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

estimate can liao since put for long term.

if sti stay ~2800 forever, just collect dividends will be earning liao

if sti goes up to 3500-400, sure earning

if sti goes up to 4000 then go down to 2800 then 3500, still earn

sti forever <2800 then sure lose cos starting invested >2800

lazy to keep note every month. TRULY PASSIVE

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.