Quotes from Jesse Livermore

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Must be bad to get a depression after winning for Livermore.

I know some people can get depression without any stress . ‘Natural depression’ .

Last edited:

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Or you can just read his book - only 100+ pages

http://www.r-5.org/files/books/trading/speculation/Jesse_Livermore-How_To_Trade_In_Stocks_(1940_original)-EN.pdf

It is important to remember that Livermore is a speculator first and foremost, not an investor. But most of his stuff is surprisingly relevant even today.

After several years in the stock market and a few hard knocks, that book is starting to make sense. :eek::D
I have not come across of any investment that is risk free.

goldnut

Master Member
Reaction score
After several years in the stock market and a few hard knocks, that book is starting to make sense. :eek::D
I have not come across of any investment that is risk free.

He also got away with quite a lot back in the Roaring 20s when SEC was almost non-existent. Half the stuff would be illegal today. :eek:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.