Religare Health Trust *Official* (SGX: RF1U)

Minx99

Master Member
Reaction score
Die liao Loh. Will this counter go bankrupt and we lost all our investment?
I always like to look at the brighter side of things. Ponder the possibility that they sell RHT to a third party, for eg IHH & IHH merge RHT with Plife Reit, wouldn't that be nice....;)

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The additional 31 day extension should lapse by next week Feb 12. Got chance to finally put some closure to this?

Hopefully, no matter the outcome. Need to redeploy this amount if it's not working. No reason to keep getting stuck.

Reaction score
Don't look good from what you all are saying. I'm just gonna hope we get the dividend we're due. Not even thinking of share price upside now.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I doubt we can get our dividend so soon, not sure what is going on in Fortis.

Don't look good from what you all are saying. I'm just gonna hope we get the dividend we're due. Not even thinking of share price upside now.

Minx99

Master Member
Reaction score
Definitely they will update, but just drag as usual.
Don't own self frighten own self...
If my memory serve me well, the dateline for the finalization of the deal should be 12th Feb. It's not a lost cause...
In their last update few weeks back, they have collected about 30+ % of the fees from Fortis, they're trying to collect the balance, I believe they'll pay at least some dividend if not the full amount. I don't think it will be zero payment..
Panicking & taking rash maneuvers is often not the wisest thing to do under such circumstances. Stay cool...:s22:

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I am not wrong. Business trust are not obliged to give out dividends. I hope I am wrong as I myself is vested in this counter
They are not obliged to declare dividends

but once declared, they are obliged to pay out. they have failed to do so for the last round

BlackIcE84

Master Member
Reaction score
let me perhaps offer a somewhat more comforting perspective

1) the current legal and financial problems affect the Singh Brothers. the Singh brothers own stakes in Religare Enterprises (RELG) and Fortis Healthcare.

2) Legally speaking, RHT Health Trust is a separate legal entity from RELG and Fortis. As such, none of the legal proceedings instituted against the Singh brothers actually affect RHT

3) What has happened now (based on publicly available information) is that Daiichi Sankyo has won an order to enforce an arbitration decision that went against the Singh brothers. Again, this has no direct bearing on RHT.

Where there may be an effect is in relation to the brothers' holding in Fortis Healthcare. Before the Indian High Court decision, the Court prevented the brothers from selling any of their assets, including their holdings in RELG and Fortis. They actually wanted to do this because they were cash strapped, but could not do so because of the Court order. This is possibly why the attempt by IHH to buy Fortis and RHT fell through - IHH could not be assured that the brothers could even sell their stakes

The most direct implication of the brothers' legal troubles is that their holdings in RELG and Fortis remain untouchable. This will have an effect on the Fortis share price because the shares now cannot be sold. If the shares cannot be sold, or pledged, then the price will be very constrained. There is also a chance that it may affect Fortis' ability to raise money through the pledging of shares.

4) One possibility is that Daiichi takes control of the brothers' Fortis and RELG stakes as part satisfaction of the judgement debt. ANother possibility is that the brothers are subsequently allowed to sell their Fortis and RELG stakes.

but regardless, there are no actual direct implications on Fortis' daily operations, Fortis' cashflow, and Fortis' balance sheet, because what appears to be affected is only the brothers' shareholdings, and not the performance of Fortis. If I am right, then there technically should be no or limited effect too on RHT.

5) Where i could be wrong (amongst others) is that Fortis may be unable to raise cash. Suitors for stakes in Fortis may be backing off due to the uncertainty over the potential of ownership. or banks may be unwilling to lend Fortis money due to the brothers' legal troubles. These could impact Fortis' ability to complete the transaction.

But even so, i think a bankruptcy (as someone has suggested) is not in the picture. At most, it appears that the deal may fall through.

6) of course, there could also be something far more sinister going on behind the scenes that none of us are privy to. If so, then we are all in deep trouble. But so will the company directors because they may then have breached disclosure laws...

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
REebMIh.jpg

Okay, finally they pay us. The stock price drop till both rht and fortis management scared.

Don't own self frighten own self...
If my memory serve me well, the dateline for the finalization of the deal should be 12th Feb. It's not a lost cause...
In their last update few weeks back, they have collected about 30+ % of the fees from Fortis, they're trying to collect the balance, I believe they'll pay at least some dividend if not the full amount. I don't think it will be zero payment..
Panicking & taking rash maneuvers is often not the wisest thing to do under such circumstances. Stay cool...:s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.