Religare Health Trust *Official* (SGX: RF1U)

Minx99

Master Member
Reaction score
gonna vote for the first time too.
No!!
They should digitalise this voting :/
Why you should vote NO for this acquisition deal
1) First, you need to understand Fortis motivation to acquire RHT's assets
Fortis by agreement need to pay RHT an annual 3% step up fee. This amount would compound over the years & become a huge burden for Fortis. For unit holders, it's good as your DPU will keep increasing every year.
2) The deal is structured to benefit Fortis at the expense of unit holders. RHT's assets are mostly freehold(2/3) & profitable. Demand overwhelm supply in the Indian healthcare industry. Don't you think you deserve a premium for your valuable asset or are you going to accept their low ball offer price? They expect the unit holders to absorb the depreciation of the Indian Rupee since the offer was made. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
3) If you reject the deal, they are under pressure to come back with a better offer price as this 3% amount will compound over time. Don't you want to sell your assets at a higher price?
4) Do you think management deserve to be paid $9.7M performance fee for getting this lousy deal for unit holders?
5) If the deal goes through you will be left with an empty shell, a trust with no assets. RHT might get delisted by SGX. They propose to buy other assets after selling the hospitals. Why would one want to sell away lucrative assets to buy inferior alternative assets? Healthcare assets are the safest & "guaranteed-can-eat" assets when investing in India becos of the favorable demand supply dynamics. It's also a recession proof business. I would hesistate to invest in other assets in India.
Why does management want to sell away it's profitable assets & then go hunting for assets that are more risky?
I believe Unit holders would be better off holding on to RHT assets for future capital appreciation & dividend returns than accepting this lousy offer. Please vote NO for your money's sake...:s8:

BlackIcE84

Master Member
Reaction score
i noticed this line in the "notes to proxy form":

"A Unitholder should insert the total number of Units held. If the Unitholder has Units entered against his/her name in the Depository Register maintained by The Central Depository (Pte) Limited (“CDP”), he/she should insert that number of Units. If the Unitholder has Units registered in his/her name in the Register of Unitholders of RHT, he/she should insert that number of Units. If the Unitholder has Units entered against his/her name in the said Depository Register and Units registered in his/her name in the Register of Unitholders, he/she should insert the aggregate number of Units entered against his/her name in the said Depository Register and registered in his/her name in the Register of Unitholders. If no number is inserted, this form of proxy appointing a proxy or proxies will be deemed to relate to all the Units held by the Unitholder."

In other words, we can just leave the "no of units" box BLANK right? that's the easiest way to ensure that ALL our votes end up being counted.

i asked because i wasn't sure exactly how many votes i can exercise in this voting process, because some are held by CDP, and some are held under SRS. So i will just leave it blank

BlackIcE84

Master Member
Reaction score
Why you should vote NO for this acquisition deal
1) First, you need to understand Fortis motivation to acquire RHT's assets
Fortis by agreement need to pay RHT an annual 3% step up fee. This amount would compound over the years & become a huge burden for Fortis. For unit holders, it's good as your DPU will keep increasing every year.
2) The deal is structured to benefit Fortis at the expense of unit holders. RHT's assets are mostly freehold(2/3) & profitable. Demand overwhelm supply in the Indian healthcare industry. Don't you think you deserve a premium for your valuable asset or are you going to accept their low ball offer price? They expect the unit holders to absorb the depreciation of the Indian Rupee since the offer was made. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
3) If you reject the deal, they are under pressure to come back with a better offer price as this 3% amount will compound over time. Don't you want to sell your assets at a higher price?
4) Do you think management deserve to be paid $9.7M performance fee for getting this lousy deal for unit holders?
5) If the deal goes through you will be left with an empty shell, a trust with no assets. RHT might get delisted by SGX. They propose to buy other assets after selling the hospitals. Why would one want to sell away lucrative assets to buy inferior alternative assets? Healthcare assets are the safest & "guaranteed-can-eat" assets when investing in India becos of the favorable demand supply dynamics. It's also a recession proof business. I would hesistate to invest in other assets in India.
Why does management want to sell away it's profitable assets & then go hunting for assets that are more risky?
I believe Unit holders would be better off holding on to RHT assets for future capital appreciation & dividend returns than accepting this lousy offer. Please vote NO for your money's sake...:s8:

I agree.

my main concern, however, is that as minority shareholders, we will not have sufficient sway to move the voting needle. does anyone know how many % of RHT is held by institutional investors?

appl888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For esr, I submitted 2 forms
One to cdp
One to my cpf investment bank

They sent me 2 copies of the proxy form
So I submitted 2 copies

i noticed this line in the "notes to proxy form":

"A Unitholder should insert the total number of Units held. If the Unitholder has Units entered against his/her name in the Depository Register maintained by The Central Depository (Pte) Limited (“CDP”), he/she should insert that number of Units. If the Unitholder has Units registered in his/her name in the Register of Unitholders of RHT, he/she should insert that number of Units. If the Unitholder has Units entered against his/her name in the said Depository Register and Units registered in his/her name in the Register of Unitholders, he/she should insert the aggregate number of Units entered against his/her name in the said Depository Register and registered in his/her name in the Register of Unitholders. If no number is inserted, this form of proxy appointing a proxy or proxies will be deemed to relate to all the Units held by the Unitholder."

In other words, we can just leave the "no of units" box BLANK right? that's the easiest way to ensure that ALL our votes end up being counted.

i asked because i wasn't sure exactly how many votes i can exercise in this voting process, because some are held by CDP, and some are held under SRS. So i will just leave it blank

Last edited:

FuNKySoULyBrO

Master Member
Reaction score
Done my job by voting Nein and dropping the form at their service coy in SLA Tower just now. Not alot, only 5k shares, but hope it will help abit.

BlackIcE84

Master Member
Reaction score
Done my job by voting Nein and dropping the form at their service coy in SLA Tower just now. Not alot, only 5k shares, but hope it will help abit.

what time did u drop it at? I wanted to go at lunch, but thought i'd call before going. i called at 1pm, rang and rang, but no one answered! i didnt go cos i didnt wanna risk an empty office at lunchtime

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what time did u drop it at? I wanted to go at lunch, but thought i'd call before going. i called at 1pm, rang and rang, but no one answered! i didnt go cos i didnt wanna risk an empty office at lunchtime

Use some common sense lah. Sure will have staggered lunch time one

Lkpccl

Reaction score

I being there many times already, office hour will have staff there.
Dun put in envelope though, they will open on the spot, check the form before accepting.:s22:

Minx99

Master Member
Reaction score
I am glad to see unit holders are taking up the fight to defend their golden goose. At least i didn't waste my sunday morning banging away at the computer. I will be away on overseas assignment but i have already dropped my proxy form with a firm NO vote. I have only 31,000 shares, but I like to reiterate: a single red ant is vulnerable to bullying, a colony of determined red ants is formidable...;)

ah_leetw

Master Member
Reaction score
for those who dont mind adding it to the list... let see how many we have here. lol

FuNKySoULyBrO - 5k
Minx99 - 31k
ahleetw - 45k

BlackIcE84

Master Member
Reaction score
I being there many times already, office hour will have staff there.
Dun put in envelope though, they will open on the spot, check the form before accepting.:s22:

Thank you!

I have about 200k units in total, but 75k of which is in SRS. gonna have to try and see how i can exercise the voting rights for those in SRS

rainbow123

Master Member
Reaction score
Drop mine off at the post office .
60k here .
Never read the thick booklet in detail ( going to use them for my chicken bones )
Hope our little ant colony can bring down the elephant :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.