Seatrium (formerly known as SembCorp Marine) *Official* (SGX: S51)

flyfox

Reaction score
crude (WTI) 78 liao

KqYBVdP.png

I find that Keppel is still cheaper than Sembmarine. sembmarine has p/b about 3 times and Pe of Keppel is still lower.

If the business isn't doing well, sembmarine won't have much assets to back up or justify the stock price.

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i suspect stock price to be deflated until at least end of this year.
even other counters like ST eng and sia eng have recover a fair bit from rock bottom prices.

mybigcannon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i suspect stock price to be deflated until at least end of this year.
even other counters like ST eng and sia eng have recover a fair bit from rock bottom prices.

depends on the meeting this month... even now saudis say nov meeting will chg nothing they carry on pump...

KC

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both are hit by the drop in oil prices (Sembcorp becos of Sembcorp Marine). The order books do seem to be able to sustain the revenues for Sembcorp Marine for quite a few years but seemed ignored by investors at the moment.

flyrox

Reaction score
It has reached all time low. Seems good to buy now for holding long term. Do you guys think it will continue to dip further? Seems impossible to bounce back to 3.8x state...

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
What goes down will come up
What goes up will come down

A cycle

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.