SIA Engineering *Official* (SGX:S59)

dominion23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now near 52week low... Anyone entering? Oil prices low, there should be increased air travel and more biz in the future results, despite the recent performance dip which is in the past environment where oil prices were still relatively high.

Expect more businesses for them due to increased air travel, and also useful as proxy for SIA, which is too overpriced now.

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SIA Engineering Company Ltd ("SIAEC") announced its 3QFY15 (Y/E Mar) results on 3 February after trading hours.
Revenue dipped 6.5% y-o-y to S$265.3 million, with Associates and JVs plunging 33.2% y-o-y to S$25.3 million due to reduction in engine shop visits.

wonder should i take the chance to average down...:(

dominion23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what price did u enter?

im thinking to avg down too... this coy dividends is good... think today's price is just knee jerk to the news... can hoot and wait for airline orders to come in

spiritGate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me I dun think I will go in because there is a drop of earning after I read through the analysis report. This might not only affect the share price but also the dividend. I will only consider if it drop around 3 dollars range

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what price did u enter?

im thinking to avg down too... this coy dividends is good... think today's price is just knee jerk to the news... can hoot and wait for airline orders to come in

average price 4.55, if drop below 4 will consider to average down.
maybe just 800 shares, not keen to increase exposure.

dominion23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me I dun think I will go in because there is a drop of earning after I read through the analysis report. This might not only affect the share price but also the dividend. I will only consider if it drop around 3 dollars range

drop of earnings caused today's drop in price knee jerk reaction.
the question is how will the future prospects for it do? I don't think they will do worse... although the next dividend will not be good, their future earnings will deg do much better as you can see from all the airline stock prices rising.

fundamentally, I think the prospects are still good. price to hit? I'm not sure... waiting for fata master to advise.

for guys w oil and gas exposure like me, good to hedge w this and other tpt coys

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
this one becareful
many house downgrade to sell call
can slowly buy if it drops further ba

dominion23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this one becareful
many house downgrade to sell call
can slowly buy if it drops further ba
sometimes i also wondering whether they're like g***man, advise you the opposite of what they do... everyone guai guai follow their advice and so became true, then they make profit :s13:

heng i nv sell keppel at 8.70 like they advised...

i just averaged down, think if can hold for at least 3 months no worries... the prospects are good from the FA i read...

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Me thinks we should wait for their next quarterly report

martin

Reaction score
maybe the analysts reports are working on people already. Been falling down. yesterday entered at 4.16, then fall. Today entered at 4.12, then fall to 4.09.

always like that, everytime i buy a stock, price fall and fall, when I sell, price go up and up.:(

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe the analysts reports are working on people already. Been falling down. yesterday entered at 4.16, then fall. Today entered at 4.12, then fall to 4.09.

always like that, everytime i buy a stock, price fall and fall, when I sell, price go up and up.:(

alamak...i wanted to enter at 4.16 yesterday to average down.
but my gut feeling tells me it will slip further (dip to 3.91 before) so i wait and see how.
anyway i queue at 4.08 and see can get a not, not really keen to increase exposure.

always allow at least 2 or 3 trading days to confirm the direction of this counter.
of course what happens next week is purely dependent on market sentiments or other further announcement.

Last edited:

dustyRoom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

next time u feel that it is time to sell, just buy in more and vice versa. :s13:

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
fundamentally, the earnings will keep falling
those who want to buy for long term
can consider to wait for earnings to stabilize then go in

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
sometimes i also wondering whether they're like g***man, advise you the opposite of what they do... everyone guai guai follow their advice and so became true, then they make profit :s13:

heng i nv sell keppel at 8.70 like they advised...

i just averaged down, think if can hold for at least 3 months no worries... the prospects are good from the FA i read...

keppel corp case... the earnings actually increased, yet the analyst all downgrade to sell... at PE 8 and yield of 6% , it was really cheap

however the same cannot be said for SIA ENGG

cause fundamentally, earnings is falling... so PE now is quite high at 24 times forwards earnings (based on FY15 avg analyst estimate)
I think this one... maybe if fall to 20 times or less earnings with a dividend yield of 5% or higher then can consider

btw FY15 dividends will be much much lower than FY14

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.