bbs gearing for the Jul XD liao

so going now?
I feel 2.95 good price but seem hard to get
maybe can 1 lots for her dividend first
this one sure can average down

cloud77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As it's only about 2 months from the 19c xd date, it should not go down much n prob will scale up gradually unless there are major events. Even if u buy now, u can tolerate any price after xd price of 2.85 n above without suffering paper loss. Singtel only drop to 2.8x only during the Gaddafi issues few months ago. If Greece issue is settled, I would think it's a rather good time to accumulate, n u can decide if u want to sell just before xd or after xd. Just my personal thoughts

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMHO, Singtel is not a growth stock per-se...
I categorise it more as a dividend stock than anything else.
If I do have enough of cash, would have load 2 lots a few weeks ago.
Those who are vested in this stock, congrats. Keep it and collect the dividend payouts. This is a keepstake stock.

My 2.14 cents...

Chua Zhiming

Reaction score
All these buying and selling are just done by institutional traders making $$ off small fries.

So why bother, just buy and hold for div ! Bought and held for more then 1 year, enjoying the div. Not my best nor worst performing stock, just something that is good enough. :o

Dividends Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMHO, Singtel is not a growth stock per-se...
I categorise it more as a dividend stock than anything else.
If I do have enough of cash, would have load 2 lots a few weeks ago.
Those who are vested in this stock, congrats. Keep it and collect the dividend payouts. This is a keepstake stock.

My 2.14 cents...

Agree. Definitely one of my core holding stocks besides SPH, Starhub, M1 and SingPost.
:s12::)

WindBoi

Reaction score
i know that Dividends Warrior is going to tell you that you shouldn't worry so much as long as you own all the 3 telcos.

but for people who like to know in depth on telcos and whether an industry wide shift will occur in telecoms industry do read this 3 articles by Micheal Mace.

the key is that if capex raised and Singtel can only pay you 3-4% will you still think its a great investment.

iCuteCube

Master Member
Reaction score
i know that Dividends Warrior is going to tell you that you shouldn't worry so much as long as you own all the 3 telcos.

but for people who like to know in depth on telcos and whether an industry wide shift will occur in telecoms industry do read this 3 articles by Micheal Mace.

the key is that if capex raised and Singtel can only pay you 3-4% will you still think its a great investment.

Depends the person that buy the stock, what is he thinking.

If he is just thinking about the yield is anything more then just 1%, better then bank rates, and the risk is justified. Then good for him.

If he is just thinking of beating inflation rate of (4%-6%), maybe barely breaking even, and he may not be very happy.

If he is thinking of 5-10% yield , Singtel may not be the stock for him.

Dividends Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks for sharing these articles. I will take some time to go over them.

By the way, I agree wif ur views too. A fundamental shift in technology might render telecoms obsolete. So buying all 3 telecoms is not wise. However, I dun see that happening soon.

Or to put it simply, I dun think the telecoms will suddenly collapse within weeks. If there is a huge change in technology, I still have time ti liquidate my holdings.

Dividends Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends the person that buy the stock, what is he thinking.

If he is just thinking about the yield is anything more then just 1%, better then bank rates, and the risk is justified. Then good for him.

If he is just thinking of beating inflation rate of (4%-6%), maybe barely breaking even, and he may not be very happy.

If he is thinking of 5-10% yield , Singtel may not be the stock for him.

Besides the yield, I also want consistency and sustainability. I am willing to accept a lower (but reasonable) yield for more stability. I can sleep better at night.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.