HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ST Engineering *Official* (SGX: S63)

Like Tree501Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2015, 10:58 AM   #46
Master Member

i mention that kev is correct, we are not wrong either. no one was attacking silverlake. kev was attacking st eng with a lot of half truths
When u start splitting into factions such as "we" and "him, ure obviously trying to provoke smthing. I got ntg against both "you" and "him" but if you go check out the silverlake thread, there are alot of unecessary comments and remarks there as well.

Like I mentioned earlier, vested in both. and love both businesses as well.
Old 20-07-2015, 11:10 AM   #47
Order 66'd

but the silverlake that he recommended is doing better than st eng.

but i prefer st eng than silverlake. i do not have to endure wild swings in prices
STE is defensive dividend stock

silverlake is growth stock

cannot compare apple vs orange LOL
neolaw and Tooi Kono Machi De like this.
ValueInvestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 11:13 AM   #48
High Supremacy Member

Not again...
neolaw likes this.
Old 20-07-2015, 11:14 AM   #49
Order 66'd

anyone knows when STE results for Q2?
Old 20-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #50
Order 66'd

S$920m worth of aerospace deals clinched ST Engineering (STE) recently reported that it has secured new contracts worth S$920m of aerospace contracts in 2Q15. These new orders include projects ranging from airframe, component and engine maintenance, to engine wash and pilot training. Among the notables include the S$472m engine maintenance contract from Jet Airways and the S$135m component maintenance-by-the-hour contract from Flybe. Recall that STE previously reported an order book of S$12.2b during its 1Q15 results briefing, of which it will be looking to deliver some S$3.0b in 2015. Saw 12% fall in price after muted 1H15 outlook Separately, STE saw its share price tumbling nearly 12% from a previous S$3.66 peak to a recent S$3.23 low, after guiding for a muted 1H15 outlook; this as it expects 1H15 revenue to be comparable, while PBT is expected to decline against 1H14. For the full-year, management has kept its comparable guidance for both revenue and PBT, suggesting it expects a better showing in 2H15. Engaging in share buybacks But even after the recent tumble, we note that valuations are just “fair”, given the still muted outlook for the Marine sector in general. For example, STE is currently trading around 12.3x EV/EBITDA, almost in line with the 5-year average of 12.4x. It is also around 18.7x consensus FY15F EPS, versus our own 19x valuation. Nevertheless, further downside may be limited, given that the company has embarked on a share buyback program. To date, it has bought back around 1.6m shares at an average of S$3.27; this is just 3% out of an allowable 62.2m shares. Maintain HOLD for now With 2Q15 results likely due around 13 Aug (going by last year’s date), we opt to hold off making any adjustments to our forecasts – note that 1Q15 numbers were also in line with our forecasts. Still, the expected dividend yield of 4.4% for FY15 is relatively decent in our view, hence we maintain our HOLD on the stock with an unchanged S$3.33 fair value. SECURES S$920M OF AEROSPACE
Old 20-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #51
Order 66'd

base on ocbc report, estimated EPS for this year is 17.5 cents

along with 4.4% dividend yield
Old 20-07-2015, 01:12 PM   #52
Supremacy Member

STE is defensive dividend stock

silverlake is growth stock

cannot compare apple vs orange LOL
agree with this statement. not a fair comparison. growth stock tend to have a bigger capital gain/loss.
dork32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 01:16 PM   #53
Supremacy Member

When u start splitting into factions such as "we" and "him, ure obviously trying to provoke smthing. I got ntg against both "you" and "him" but if you go check out the silverlake thread, there are alot of unecessary comments and remarks there as well.

Like I mentioned earlier, vested in both. and love both businesses as well.
you are right, there were two factions, one against st eng, the other for it.

like i said, i have nothing against silverlake nor kev. i also mentioned that the stock is doing well. it shows that i agreed with him on this choice. I did not come in and post stupid remarks like it is 1.03 today; give it 2 weeks and it will drop back to 90 cents. this is how kev posted on st eng.
Old 20-07-2015, 05:54 PM   #54
Order 66'd

News Release Page 1 of 3 Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd ST Engineering Hub, 1 Ang Mo Kio Electronics Park R oad #07-01, Singapore 567710 T: (65) 6722 1818 F: (65) 6720 2293 www.stengg.com (Regn. No.: 199706274H) Engineering Our Future ST Engineering’s Electronics Arm Secures Contracts Worth about $424m in 2Q2015 Singapore, 20 July 2015 – Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd (ST Engine ering) announced today that its electronics sector has sec ured about $424m worth of contracts in the second quarter of 2015 (2Q2015) for Rail Ele ctronics & Intelligent Transportation, Satellite & Broadband Communications, as well as Ad vanced Electronics & Information Communications Technologies (ICT) solutions. Rail Electronics & Intelligent Transportation Rail Electronics & Intelligent Transportation contr acts of about $55m were secured from local and overseas customers in China, India, the M iddle East, North and South America and Taiwan. The projects include Command, Control a nd Communications (C3) Systems and Passenger Information Systems as well as integr ated monitoring and surveillance systems and fleet management solutions. Work has st arted on these projects and will be completed progressively till end-2020. Satellite & Broadband Communications The electronics sector received contracts amounting to about $84m from government, telecom and enterprise users worldwide for the supp ly of satellite network equipment, earth stations and man-pack terminals. These includ e orders from Via Direta Telecom for a distance-learning network for students along the rivers of the Amazon basin, the largest programme of its kind in Brazil, as well as satelli te network for government users in Asia. These projects will be delivered progressively over the next few years.
Perisher likes this.

Last edited by ValueInvestor; 20-07-2015 at 05:57 PM..
Old 20-07-2015, 06:04 PM   #55
High Supremacy Member

AK from ASSI is in this counter... once this guy enter... can sleep well at night liao. This counter steady de...

Saturday, July 18, 2015
'I added to my long position in ST Engineering which is one of the founding members of my investment portfolio. Although they will pay only 75% of their earnings as dividends instead of 100% when I first became an investor donkey years ago at $1.55 a share, it doesn't bother me. The fact that the company has grown and enlarged their footprint in the USA over the years is good news to me now with the US$ set to strengthen against the S$.'

http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blo...non-reits.html
ValueInvestor likes this.

Last edited by Perisher; 20-07-2015 at 06:09 PM..
Perisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 06:35 PM   #56
Supremacy Member

AK from ASSI is in this counter... once this guy enter... can sleep well at night liao. This counter steady de...

Saturday, July 18, 2015
'I added to my long position in ST Engineering which is one of the founding members of my investment portfolio. Although they will pay only 75% of their earnings as dividends instead of 100% when I first became an investor donkey years ago at $1.55 a share, it doesn't bother me. The fact that the company has grown and enlarged their footprint in the USA over the years is good news to me now with the US$ set to strengthen against the S$.'

http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blo...non-reits.html
sorry, i a bit blur but who is this ak from assi?
Old 20-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #57
High Supremacy Member

sorry, i a bit blur but who is this ak from assi?
A blogger who is raking in 6k/mth in dividends. He also started small and build his way up. Anyway, I linked his blog so you may wanna take a look. He has been interviewed on radio and papers before and is a very mysterious person. One of the few bloggers I visit from time to time.

edit:13k/mth
ValueInvestor likes this.

Last edited by Perisher; 21-07-2015 at 08:41 AM..
Perisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #58
Banned

I did not come in and post stupid remarks like it is 1.03 today; give it 2 weeks and it will drop back to 90 cents. this is how kev posted on st eng.
fact was it did lei. st eng was range trading what. i said it went up to 3.3x, fall to 3.2x, move to 3.3x, then back to 3.2x.

anyway, my view on st eng is the same. recent run-up probably due to in prep for the div. just my view.

i'm tired of arguing abt st eng. i'm not here to bicker, i'm here to make money. st eng..whose right, whose wrong, we will only know at end of the year.

cheers to all.
Keverus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 07:50 PM   #59
Banned

STE 3.44 liao

guess mr K's strong predictable was way off LOL

too bad he still banned
not end of the yr yet, let's see who has the last laugh.

besides, unlike u, i dont live for the forums.

banned but making money, i ok.

Last edited by Keverus; 20-07-2015 at 08:00 PM..
Keverus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 07:57 PM   #60
Order 66'd

not end of the yr yet, let's see who has the last laugh.

besides, unlike u, i dont live for the forums.

banned but making money, i ok.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ea...l#post95308685

erm... this is STE thread wor hehehe

u want to eat 6 infraction each again? I'm all but happy to do so ^_^

I don't have 70k post count, can always start all over again LOL LOL LOL
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.