HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ST Engineering *Official* (SGX: S63)

Like Tree501Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2015, 08:01 PM   #61
Banned

start what? i merely said st eng will hit lower by end of the yr. that's all. lets see who is right, who is wrong.

nothing more.

sick of arguing abt st eng. there is no new input whatsoever. round round discussion.

end of year i will come back. ciao for now.
Keverus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 08:17 PM   #62
Supremacy Member

A blogger who is raking in 6k/mth in dividends. He also started small and build his way up. Anyway, I linked his blog so you may wanna take a look. He has been interviewed on radio and papers before and is a very mysterious person. One of the few bloggers I visit from time to time.
power guy. i will start to read his blog. thanks
ValueInvestor likes this.
dork32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 08:20 PM   #63
Supremacy Member

erm... this is STE thread wor hehehe

u want to eat 6 infraction each again? I'm all but happy to do so ^_^

I don't have 70k post count, can always start all over again LOL LOL LOL
please dont argue with him. i enjoy discussing with you. yes we do have some differences here and there which we argue it out. i dont want to lose you.

it is through this sort of posting that you get points
dork32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #64
Order 66'd

cause this is STE thread ma... mr K suddendly put link to his silverlake gains thread... out of topic, so i highlight only

no worries

STE results coming, but I worry wait got earnings shock from their marine or aerospace segment

can only pray for the best

last year already a kitchen sink last 2 quarters as they took many write offs, hope this year no more write offs for STE
ValueInvestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 10:25 PM   #65
Arch-Supremacy Member

AK from ASSI is in this counter... once this guy enter... can sleep well at night liao. This counter steady de...

Saturday, July 18, 2015
'I added to my long position in ST Engineering which is one of the founding members of my investment portfolio. Although they will pay only 75% of their earnings as dividends instead of 100% when I first became an investor donkey years ago at $1.55 a share, it doesn't bother me. The fact that the company has grown and enlarged their footprint in the USA over the years is good news to me now with the US$ set to strengthen against the S$.'

http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blo...non-reits.html
he would be sad to hear that from a regular reader of his blog.. http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blo...-position.html

he also have losing counters (or counters whose value not unlocked yet) such as Marco Polo marine.. just saying that don't just follow blindly.
Perisher likes this.
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 10:34 PM   #66
High Supremacy Member

he would be sad to hear that from a regular reader of his blog.. http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blo...-position.html

he also have losing counters (or counters whose value not unlocked yet) such as Marco Polo marine.. just saying that don't just follow blindly.
True true.
1st, I'm not a regular reader of his blog, once in awhile.
2nd, I was in STE way before I even saw his blog post (on STE which was very recent), just that he reaffirm some points which I agree with
3rd, I'm certainly not following him blindly, in fact, I read everything, digest then decide.
4th, if warren buffett is buying the stock after you have bought it and at a higher price, you can sleep well at night no? I see why you think it's sad though.
5th, yes, never ever ever follow someone blindly.
RedSlayer and ValueInvestor like this.
Old 20-07-2015, 10:40 PM   #67
Arch-Supremacy Member

True true.
1st, I'm not a regular reader of his blog, once in awhile.
2nd, I was in STE way before I even saw his blog post (on STE which was very recent), just that he reaffirm some points which I agree with
3rd, I'm certainly not following him blindly, in fact, I read everything, digest then decide.
4th, if warren buffett is buying the stock after you have bought it and at a higher price, you can sleep well at night no? I see why you think it's sad though.
5th, yes, never ever ever follow someone blindly.
yep sure.. just saying that the earlier bolded sentence might lead some people new to investing down the wrong way..

for 4th regarding warren buffet.. not everyone can sleep well at night. e.g If I know warren buffet says he bought 10-50 stocks but I can only buy 1-2 of all of those stocks he bought.. I would still be worried.
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 10:53 PM   #68
Order 66'd

if cannot sleep well at night

then shouldn't touch stocks

just buy index shua~ lol
Old 20-07-2015, 10:54 PM   #69
High Supremacy Member

yep sure.. just saying that the earlier bolded sentence might lead some people new to investing down the wrong way..

for 4th regarding warren buffet.. not everyone can sleep well at night. e.g If I know warren buffet says he bought 10-50 stocks but I can only buy 1-2 of all of those stocks he bought.. I would still be worried.
I agree. Sorry if it mislead anyone.
I think US market quite easy and cheap to diversified. If he buy 10-50, I can match at least half but no point, might as well buy BRK.B.
Old 20-07-2015, 10:58 PM   #70
Order 66'd

reading blogs, same as reading newspaper or research reports
or even like reading our forum

think most people just take as reference ba~ hahahahaha
Old 20-07-2015, 11:34 PM   #71
Order 66'd

ST Engineering’s electronic arm bags contracts worth about $424 million in 2Q2015

By Amy Tan / TheEdge | July 20, 2015 : 6:12 PM MYT
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Printer-friendly versionSend by emailPDF version

SINGAPORE (July 20): Singapore Technologies Engineering (ST Engineering) says its electronics arm has secured a total of about $424 million in contracts in 2Q2015.

The contracts were for Rail Electronics & Intelligent Transportation, Satellite & Broadband Communications, as well as Advanced Electronics & Information Communications Technologies (ICT) solutions.

It secured Rail Electronics & Intelligent Transportation contracts worth roughly $55 million from local and overseas customers in China, India, the Middle East, North and South America and Taiwan. Work has started on these projects and they will be completed progressively till end-2020.

The firm received contracts totaling about $84 million from government, telecom and enterprise users worldwide to supply satellite network equipment, earth stations and man-pack terminals. These projects will be delivered over the next few years.

It also clinched about $285 million of Advanced Electronics & ICT contracts, which will be delivered over the next six years.

The contracts are not expected to have any material impact on the consolidated net tangible assets per share and earnings per share of the company for the current financial year.

In addition, the group says its Galaxy M2M Communications System, which provides a single platform for multiple smart city and Internet of Things applications, has “gained the acceptance of customers” in the US, UK, New Zealand and Israel. It says its intelligent rail transit products have also gained traction in 21 cities outside Singapore, including Toronto, Washington DC and Brazil.

ST Engineering shares closed 0.3% higher at $3.41.
RedSlayer and Perisher like this.
Old 21-07-2015, 07:48 AM   #72
Honorary Member

Good news keep coming
mrclubbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2015, 08:20 AM   #73

A blogger who is raking in 6k/mth in dividends. He also started small and build his way up. Anyway, I linked his blog so you may wanna take a look. He has been interviewed on radio and papers before and is a very mysterious person. One of the few bloggers I visit from time to time.
$13k/month in dividends actually. REIT + non-REIT dividends (6+7k). Very very impressed
sandwicher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 03:58 PM   #74

ST drop so much today...

stupid_manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 08:31 PM   #75

$13k/month in dividends actually. REIT + non-REIT dividends (6+7k). Very very impressed
Nice passive income but did he say how much he put in in order to generate this?
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.