www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Stocks, Shares and Indices (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/stocks-shares-indices-92/)
-   -   ST Engineering *Official* (SGX: S63) (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/stocks-shares-indices-92/st-engineering-%2Aofficial%2A-sgx-s63-5106778.html)

mrclubbie 14-07-2015 11:21 AM

ST Engineering *Official* (SGX: S63)
 
New discussion thread for ST Engineering

52wk chart

http://i.imgur.com/TNaJlmh.png?1

From SGX...

P/B --> 4.755
P/E --> 19.94
EV/EBITDA --> 13.798
Dividend Yield --> 2.39%

starfish.starfish 14-07-2015 11:37 AM

I thought dividend yield for STE is at least 4%?
Has that changed?

SpeedingBullet 14-07-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starfish.starfish (Post 95168508)
I thought dividend yield for STE is at least 4%?
Has that changed?

It will change in the following years cos they announced they will reduce their payout ratio. That including their negative outlook on their earnings, can expect quite a drop in STE's yield.

ValueInvestor 14-07-2015 01:14 PM

taking FY 14 numbers

EPS was 16.8 cents
dividends was 15 cents
payout ratio was 90%


going foward, management said will reduce payout ratio to 75% in the coming few years

in annual report, management state that FY15 will be a tough year but we should see comparable earnings and dividends compared to FY14

dork32 14-07-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedingBullet (Post 95169728)
It will change in the following years cos they announced they will reduce their payout ratio. That including their negative outlook on their earnings, can expect quite a drop in STE's yield.

wrong, it is not counted this way. last year's dividend break down is as follows:
0.04 interim
0.04 ordinary
0.07 special

because it is so special, it may not given to you every time. it is not calculated towards the total dividend. so dividend is 0.04 +0.04 = 0.08

0.08/3.35 = 2.39% (yesterday's data)

dork32 14-07-2015 05:03 PM

they cannot use projected earnings to determine dividend yield

ValueInvestor 15-07-2015 10:20 AM

STE moving towards 3.40

^_^

vested 6,000 shares

i put my money where my mouth is hehehehehee

wahkao3 15-07-2015 11:10 AM

STE is not low risk high return
not interested

there are so many other stocks out there, no law say die die must look at STE???

wahkao3 15-07-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrclubbie (Post 95168151)
New discussion thread for ST Engineering

52wk chart

http://i.imgur.com/TNaJlmh.png?1

From SGX...

P/B --> 4.755
P/E --> 19.94
EV/EBITDA --> 13.798
Dividend Yield --> 2.39%

did u simply grabbed those numbers from SGX stock facts?
haha they are wrongly calculated.

i suggest you not to use those unreliable data.

i believe sgx's stock fact's data is from capital IQ

mrclubbie 15-07-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahkao3 (Post 95191036)
STE is not low risk high return
not interested

there are so many other stocks out there, no law say die die must look at STE???

Err...What ???

Whats the purpose of your comment ???

athulican 15-07-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahkao3 (Post 95191036)
STE is not low risk high return
not interested

there are so many other stocks out there, no law say die die must look at STE???

Please name 1 stock which is low risk high return. kthxbye.

wahkao3 15-07-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrclubbie (Post 95191165)
Err...What ???

Whats the purpose of your comment ???

to tell ppl that want to invest, only do so when the risk is low and the returns are high

wahkao3 15-07-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by athulican (Post 95191169)
Please name 1 stock which is low risk high return. kthxbye.

i posted so mani stock tips u bo read!???? :(

mrclubbie 15-07-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahkao3 (Post 95191237)
to tell ppl that want to invest, only do so when the risk is low and the returns are high

Your previous reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahkao3 (Post 95191036)
STE is not low risk high return
not interested

there are so many other stocks out there, no law say die die must look at STE???

This one discussion thread, we never ask people must look at STE

mrclubbie 15-07-2015 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahkao3 (Post 95191126)
did u simply grabbed those numbers from SGX stock facts?
haha they are wrongly calculated.

i suggest you not to use those unreliable data.

i believe sgx's stock fact's data is from capital IQ

Please provide us with the reliable data then


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.