HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #1561
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think this system still have bugs based on my recent experience..

There is a stock where I Q 2 times but cancelled on Friday. I made sure that there was no Q on Monday. Alas.. suddenly that Stock of 10Lots appeared on my screen as filled.. I called CS but they say doesn't appear on their screen. Strange thing is that I cannot sell They asked me to take a screen shot and I sent to them and CC the name of the CS, so that they can followup.

Whole day no news.. the next day, I can transfer out the funds and the stock disappeared.. a few days later.. wanted to buy stocks and TT to the securities account and ALAS, the stock suddenly appeared and appeared as Filled at the buy price on Monday !!!
Scary..............
Old 23-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #1562

It took me 2 months from opening the account at Vivo City to being ready for trading :p
Old 23-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #1563
Arch-Supremacy Member

Well the call finally get through. They told me that there is some technical glitch (which he says that the tech team said that it will be resolved by 930am but obviously failed).

There is ONLY ONE GUY in-charge of booking trades manually for the whole SCB and as expected, he is swamped with trades so I did not bother to book my trades. Shouldnt they have greater capacity in case of break downs?!?!

Really annoyed with this experience. With normal brokerages we can easily call another firm if one brokerage is down, but with SCB we are very vulnerable. The cheap commission is at the expense of customer service. Is SCB trading value for money? I am starting to have doubts...
are you a trader? are you a panic seller? then you better weigh the risks against the costs.
Old 23-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #1564

Is the online trading site down currently?
no wonder my last night open orders went expired this morning!
Old 23-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #1565
Master Member

There is ONLY ONE GUY in-charge of booking trades manually for the whole SCB and as expected, he is swamped with trades so I did not bother to book my trades. Shouldnt they have greater capacity in case of break downs?!?!
Imagine if he takes MC...
Old 24-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #1566
Supremacy Member

went down to a branch to open on thursday afternoon. hopefully, the trading account can be activated by next week..
Old 24-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #1567
Master Member

are you a trader? are you a panic seller? then you better weigh the risks against the costs.
Haha I would like to think that I am neither. I think everyone has the right as a consumer to expect a certain level of service. While I do not sell or buy on a whim, I want to be able to buy/sell at least 99.5% of the time when I feel like it.
Old 24-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #1568
Greater Supremacy Member

Haha I would like to think that I am neither. I think everyone has the right as a consumer to expect a certain level of service. While I do not sell or buy on a whim, I want to be able to buy/sell at least 99.5% of the time when I feel like it.
Is like buying otak outside mrt station but ask why don't have cleanliness grading from ministry of env
w1rbelw1nd likes this.
Old 24-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #1569

I have SCB, Kim Eng and Kayhian accounts.

But I use SCB because of the no min comm. I have experienced twice where SCB website fails. To me, the cost savings compared is great enough for me to still retain using SCB as compared to perennial brokerages.

If KE and KH can give what SCB gives me where there is no min comm and still maintain the kind of standard they have, I would use them instead. However right now SCB is in its own league because of no min comm.

I can suka suka buy any amount without worrying of min comm.

That's why if SCB is down, do prepare an alternative brokerage as back up but also do prepare to pay more comm. I am sure other brokerages have more staff as compared to SCB because we actually pay them more commission to feed more staff.
Old 24-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #1570
High Supremacy Member

I went to SCB ask le. You need to had a min of 6 trading with other broker account than can open. I also ask what if people lie. They say they will check if lucky will able to pass. And also need to open a account with them with your money inside.
Old 26-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #1571

Only use scb to store my permanent portfolio etfs so far so good because i dont sell them
Old 26-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #1572
Supremacy Member

Managed to open an account with them.

Shares purchased using this account will be held by SCB and not CDP.

Can anyone enlighten me, what is the reason behind this?

Thanks in advance!
Old 26-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #1573

Does anyone know if they have plans for an iPhone/Android app?
Old 26-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #1574

Does anyone know if they have plans for an iPhone/Android app?
one way to trade using mobile is to download google chrome and change the settings to desktop mode. however screen too small to trade well but gets the job done.
Old 26-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #1575

one way to trade using mobile is to download google chrome and change the settings to desktop mode. however screen too small to trade well but gets the job done.
If you are a customer of SC HK- they offer their customers an iPhone app to trade.

Strange they dont offer it to Singapore customers yet.

Maybe we should push?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.