HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #1696
Arch-Supremacy Member

CSO will always tell you that counterparty may impose charges because they do not want to be liable to say no charge, but if you transfer from another nominee account to SCB, and charges apply, then they would get complaints. Even if you tell them its CDP, they don't dare to take that risk.
actually what is really happening is that SCB is absorbing all the outgoing charges from other nominees. so credit goes to SCB.

all this while there are charges for outgoing/incoming transfer of shares to CDP. i know because i have done a few transfer from POEMS -> CDP before. and the charge is $10.70 per transfer per counter if there is no change in beneficial owner.
Old 22-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #1697

Everyone has their own explanations and interpretations, but choose not to listen to someone (see post #1681) who had earlier said that he was not charged anything (1st hand experience).

So let me also share my 1st hand experience even though it will get lost in the sea of posts, and 10 posts down, people (who are too lazy to read previous posts) will continue to ask the same question.

CSO will always tell you that counterparty may impose charges because they do not want to be liable to say no charge, but if you transfer from another nominee account to SCB, and charges apply, then they would get complaints. Even if you tell them its CDP, they don't dare to take that risk.

I called SCB hotline and they assured me no charges. I transferred 10+ counters and wasn't charged anything.

So hopefully this clears things up (for now).

It. Is. Free. Of. Charge. No. Questions. Asked.
hi sir, may i know how to put up the transfer request? any form to fill in? which number/ email to call/ write to? tq
Old 22-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #1698

See post #1503 by MikeDirnt78
Dividends Warrior and novice8 like this.
Old 25-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #1699

Anybody had purchasing power showing "0" while actually you have money inside? Previously the actual amount will show as long as you click the refresh button for a few times, tonight it will not called the hotline, say they will talk with the technical side and call me back......
Old 26-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #1700

Still not resolved, made the 2nd call aldy, saying will call back this afternoon...
Old 26-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #1701
Great Supremacy Member

Anybody had purchasing power showing "0" while actually you have money inside? Previously the actual amount will show as long as you click the refresh button for a few times, tonight it will not called the hotline, say they will talk with the technical side and call me back......
Encountered before a few times. No choice can only call them, screw them then wait lor.
Old 26-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #1702

Encountered before a few times. No choice can only call them, screw them then wait lor.
Thought so....OK will do that and thanks
Old 26-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #1703

Not resolved yet, seems their technical team work only when they feel like it....was asked to place trades manually, called to do so and the CSO said they need to call me back....

Half an hour later they called, saying that my trade went through the day b4 while actually I don't have enough fund in the trading account (how weird is that??? my purchasing power say I do and I remember I do although I do not manually record every transaction myself) that's why they cannot even place a manual trade for me.....what a mess!!
Old 27-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #1704

juz a quick qn, can SCB trading platform or personal online banking menu be used to buy IPOs?
Old 27-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #1705
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not resolved yet, seems their technical team work only when they feel like it....was asked to place trades manually, called to do so and the CSO said they need to call me back....

Half an hour later they called, saying that my trade went through the day b4 while actually I don't have enough fund in the trading account (how weird is that??? my purchasing power say I do and I remember I do although I do not manually record every transaction myself) that's why they cannot even place a manual trade for me.....what a mess!!
do you have a RM? if no find one from battery road. my advice is to liase with your RM of any issues. at least the person can help to follow up on your issue internally.
Old 27-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #1706

do you have a RM? if no find one from battery road. my advice is to liase with your RM of any issues. at least the person can help to follow up on your issue internally.
Don't have and currently overseas. Might get one when I come back. Thanks. The thing is people at "front desk" all tend to make various promises, and the attitude not bad at all, but they are not able to push the technical team behind/

Anyway, seems they have a bug in terms of purchasing power, one possibility is it will be bigger then the actual amount and after u use, it becomes negative later but show "0" on the screen. So in the future we better keep a closer eye on our statements to make sure that all adds up correctly in the end.
Old 27-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #1707
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't have and currently overseas. Might get one when I come back. Thanks. The thing is people at "front desk" all tend to make various promises, and the attitude not bad at all, but they are not able to push the technical team behind/

Anyway, seems they have a bug in terms of purchasing power, one possibility is it will be bigger then the actual amount and after u use, it becomes negative later but show "0" on the screen. So in the future we better keep a closer eye on our statements to make sure that all adds up correctly in the end.
why do you need to monitor purchasing power? i dont rely on that.

i monitor my settlement account. thats where all the transactions are debit/credited. and the balance will determine my purchasing power. how much i can buy. so far no issue.
Old 27-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #1708

hi guys need some help,

I wanna transfer my shares from poems to stanchart. Stanchart keep insisting i have to get a counter party from poems, while poems keep telling me there is nothing they can do and ask me go find cdp.

Exactly what is happening?
Old 27-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #1709
Greater Supremacy Member

hi guys need some help,

I wanna transfer my shares from poems to stanchart. Stanchart keep insisting i have to get a counter party from poems, while poems keep telling me there is nothing they can do and ask me go find cdp.

Exactly what is happening?
you bought your shares from poems but doesnt mean shares are kept in poems because they are usually kept in cdp, unless your shares are in poems margin account or poem share building program or if you are a non-pr.

so check your cdp statement that u received monthly or login to see your cdp listing then see are your shares inside cdp or poems or not.

https://www1.cdp.sgx.com/login/login...gx.com%3A80%2F

if shares are confirmed in cdp, then just go transfer into scb from cdp (not poems)
museinvestor likes this.
Old 27-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #1710

you bought your shares from poems but doesnt mean shares are kept in poems because they are usually kept in cdp, unless your shares are in poems margin account or poem share building program or if you are a non-pr.

so check your cdp statement that u received monthly or login to see your cdp listing then see are your shares inside cdp or poems or not.

https://www1.cdp.sgx.com/login/login...gx.com%3A80%2F

if shares are confirmed in cdp, then just go transfer into scb from cdp (not poems)
thanks for all the help!

i receive statements from sgx and i can see all my shares inside, so i would think it's in cdp.

which leads me to the next qn, how do i transfer from cdp to scb? just go battery road? Because the one that i always go to is always dhoby ghaut branch not sure if that matters
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.