HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #1711
High Supremacy Member

yes you need to confirm if you shares are in cdp or phillip. i assume your shares are in phillip.

but if they are in cdp then DUH! of course phillip cannot do anything.
Old 28-09-2013, 04:17 AM   #1712
Supremacy Member

do you have a RM? if no find one from battery road. my advice is to liase with your RM of any issues. at least the person can help to follow up on your issue internally.
May I know how do you exactly find a rm from battery road. Just go there & point them out? Can I specify a female? I get frustrated easily.
Old 28-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #1713
High Supremacy Member

May I know how do you exactly find a rm from battery road. Just go there & point them out? Can I specify a female? I get frustrated easily.
yes just go down to battery road. get a queue number and then 1 RM will serve you. if you want the RM that serves you, then tell her you are looking for a RM. you just need to fill up an acknowledgement form stating that she is serving you.
Dividends Warrior likes this.
Old 28-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #1714

i looking to open trading account with stand chart and i dont have existing bank account...so i went to the branch.

They told me i have need a min deposit of 3k just to open a current account and then can sign up the trading account....so i told them next time....

Then at home i check the stand chart website, they have alot of versions of Current accounts. The 3k min deposit is the Bonus saver account....which i dont need those features.

The super salary current account no need min deposit...and has no features...which is what i want...

The customer service bluffing me? Or the trading account must die die use the Bonus saver account (3k min deposit)??

lock in 3k just to use a online broker is very wtf
Old 28-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #1715

i looking to open trading account with stand chart and i dont have existing bank account...so i went to the branch.

They told me i have need a min deposit of 3k just to open a current account and then can sign up the trading account....so i told them next time....

Then at home i check the stand chart website, they have alot of versions of Current accounts. The 3k min deposit is the Bonus saver account....which i dont need those features.

The super salary current account no need min deposit...and has no features...which is what i want...

The customer service bluffing me? Or the trading account must die die use the Bonus saver account (3k min deposit)??

lock in 3k just to use a online broker is very wtf
e-savers account. No minimum deposit or average mthly balance. As long as you have a dollar in there, that's all that's required to maintain the account.
Old 28-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #1716

e-savers account. No minimum deposit or average mthly balance. As long as you have a dollar in there, that's all that's required to maintain the account.
oohhh ok...lucky i didnt sign on the spot...customer service wan bluff me ah....

eh...but esaver saving account can use for online stock trading ? i thought need a current account?
Old 28-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #1717
High Supremacy Member

oohhh ok...lucky i didnt sign on the spot...customer service wan bluff me ah....

eh...but esaver saving account can use for online stock trading ? i thought need a current account?
esaver is a current account. you just need 1 current account to facilitate your trading account.
Old 29-09-2013, 04:40 AM   #1718
Supremacy Member

yes just go down to battery road. get a queue number and then 1 RM will serve you. if you want the RM that serves you, then tell her you are looking for a RM. you just need to fill up an acknowledgement form stating that she is serving you.
If I'm not comfortable with that rm then a bit hard to reject that person. And can request for a change of rm?
Old 29-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #1719

esaver is a current account. you just need 1 current account to facilitate your trading account.
if i wan to trade US markets, need open the USD saving account?
got any usd account no need min deposit?

Last edited by numbers; 29-09-2013 at 11:13 AM..
Old 29-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #1720
High Supremacy Member

if i wan to trade US markets, need open the USD saving account?
got any usd account no need min deposit?
a USD settlement account will do. there are other FCY settlement accounts too. just apply all of them.
Old 30-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #1721
High Supremacy Member

It is ridiculous to say "don't rely on that purchasing power". When purchasing power is zero, you cannot make any purchase. Imagine if you have deposited money to buy stocks but forbidden to buy any because the purchasing power falls to zero. Purchasing power is equivalent to real money because without it, you cannot purchase any stocks. It is a major irritant when the securities settlement account says you have money but you cannot use the money. Is it ok if your bank account is full of money that cannot be used to purchase stuff?

How can you say "don't rely on that purchasing power"? Maybe this has not happened to you, so you as a user don't really understand.

Has other users encountered similar problems with SCB purchasing power?
today i realised i got ard 5k gone from my trading account, left 700 inside, i called up scb 3 times, all say still waiting for the IT side to get back to them i wonder how the system mess this up, the transaction history balance and the purchasing power doesnt match now. How long does it take for yours to re-appear

Jap Drama Club:
[url]http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1396439[/url]

SEA Films:
[url]http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3088521[/url]

MaRio StRikE!!!

I'm not giving up any chances ah tiong chiong ah!!!!

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/tiong363/elmo.jpg[/IMG]
Old 30-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #1722
High Supremacy Member

i bet some of the SCB CSO are blur just like you guys. how can your money go disappear suddenly???

as i said, ignore the purchasing power. monitor your settlement account instead. this is the account where all your money is debit and credit. counter check with your past statements. if anything is wrong, then there should be a cause for alarm.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:43 AM   #1723

wah today i go the stan chart branch, the CSO keep insisting my stocks is in phillips and say nothing they can do. He kept pointing to this section in the form where they say counter party details, if it's CDP he asks me who can they look for?

But I am quite sure my shares are in CDP because i logged into SGX website and see my shares are all in there.

this CSO noob or did i do anything wrong?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #1724

online trading is down?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #1725

online trading is down?
I can't log in either.

Anyone have any info?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.