whole morning cannot access online trading
Welcome to the club brother.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #1744
Master Member

Yes, finally up!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:06 AM   #1745

Opening Account with StanChart

Hi Guys,

Not sure if any of you have encountered this. I tried to apply for brokerage account with StanChart but as I did not pass the Customer Account Review (CAR) critieria, I was not able to open an account with them. I ended up opening one with Citibank (trading in SGX only) that has the $18 min. charge. Paying $18 for each trade is definitely not wise in the long-run.

I'm looking to pass the CAR criteria to have experience in trading SIP (at least 6 trades). In my current situation, is there any way I can fulfill the criteria by using my Citibank brokerage account? In particular, any stocks/ETF to recommend?

TIA.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:11 AM   #1746
Master Member

Have successfully opened SCB trading account and settlement accounts, and I've done the CAR in the branch while i applied to open the accounts on 21st sept.

But when I try to go into the online trading section in SCB online banking, the website says I need to complete the CAR. Could any1 clarify whether this should happen? Or do I need to wait longer for them to clear my CAR form? Thank you!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #1747

Hi Guys,

Not sure if any of you have encountered this. I tried to apply for brokerage account with StanChart but as I did not pass the Customer Account Review (CAR) critieria, I was not able to open an account with them. I ended up opening one with Citibank (trading in SGX only) that has the $18 min. charge. Paying $18 for each trade is definitely not wise in the long-run.

I'm looking to pass the CAR criteria to have experience in trading SIP (at least 6 trades). In my current situation, is there any way I can fulfill the criteria by using my Citibank brokerage account? In particular, any stocks/ETF to recommend?

TIA.
Hi,

I also applying for StanChart and the staff told me can be any 6 transactions done while trading. So I think that any will do. I got no news at the moment on the status of my application.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #1748
Master Member

Made my first trade this morning....
Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #1749
Greater Supremacy Member

Hi,

I also applying for StanChart and the staff told me can be any 6 transactions done while trading. So I think that any will do. I got no news at the moment on the status of my application.
go take this test

https://onlineeducation.sgx.com/spec...tmentproducts/

then print the result and show them lah..

by right this 6 trades are for warrants n etf, and not for sgx stocks, but they trying not to help people open this trading account cos lesser point or incentive for the rm.

so what u can do is to take the test, print the result, and show them u pass the criteria and make them open for u

if they want additional evidence, print this sgx flyer

http://www.poems.com.sg/docs/SGXOnlineEduflyer.pdf

and bring along too
Old 02-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #1750

Hi,

Thanks for the info Bad!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #1751
High Supremacy Member

Made my first trade this morning....
wah..share share which counter you buy?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #1752

go take this test

https://onlineeducation.sgx.com/spec...tmentproducts/

then print the result and show them lah..

by right this 6 trades are for warrants n etf, and not for sgx stocks, but they trying not to help people open this trading account cos lesser point or incentive for the rm.

so what u can do is to take the test, print the result, and show them u pass the criteria and make them open for u

if they want additional evidence, print this sgx flyer

http://www.poems.com.sg/docs/SGXOnlineEduflyer.pdf

and bring along too
Hi Sinkie, thanks for the info. I read the poems flyer. Seems like they very much leave it to the assessment of the broker. If you refer to the diagram on page 4, even though they satisfy the requirements, it is still down to the broker to decide.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #1753
Greater Supremacy Member

Hi Sinkie, thanks for the info. I read the poems flyer. Seems like they very much leave it to the assessment of the broker. If you refer to the diagram on page 4, even though they satisfy the requirements, it is still down to the broker to decide.
on page 4

show them that flyer, tell them you DO NOT WANT TO BUY WARRANTS or ETF and ask them WHY still must go through CAR

and you have already passed the online education test, and why still denied you to open the account?

get them to call sgx to verify
Old 02-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #1754

on page 4

show them that flyer, tell them you DO NOT WANT TO BUY WARRANTS or ETF and ask them WHY still must go through CAR

and you have already passed the online education test, and why still denied you to open the account?

get them to call sgx to verify
Ok. I get it now. Your argument is based on not finding shares and equities in the list as a SIP. Thanks for the effort in explaining again!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #1755

i got additional purchasing of $2.5K+ out of no where..wonder what happens if I had used the money to purchase shares? anyone know?

Same, my purchasing power missing abt 7k. Not the first time liao, called and wait as usual.

Total online trading completely down lol
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.