HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #1756
Master Member

is there anyway to stop them from sending letters to my house? cause everytime i buy a share they send me one. wasting papers. and its pointless.
flyfox likes this.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #1757
Arch-Supremacy Member

is there anyway to stop them from sending letters to my house? cause everytime i buy a share they send me one. wasting papers. and its pointless.
i wish too. sadly its part of the SFA (securities act).
Old 02-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #1758

same here!

Really waste of papers!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #1759
Arch-Supremacy Member

now the direction is to go paperless. so i dont know why MAS still insists on printing the hardcopy statements for shares.
daylight likes this.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:24 PM   #1760

why do you need to monitor purchasing power? i dont rely on that.

i monitor my settlement account. thats where all the transactions are debit/credited. and the balance will determine my purchasing power. how much i can buy. so far no issue.
Yes can check settlement account for reference and try to find out what's going on, but it's not real-time and does not include trades made in the last 3 days? By right we should be able to rely on the purchasing power. Seems something is wrong lately since I am not the only one who came across this. Maybe there is a bug or something, hope it's not virus or anything like that

Have sold some stocks so the "debt part" are now covered and I can trade already. Still need to check through the statements and see if all add up good except am now too busy to do that Some say your money will not disappear, yes but to be safe, better check through, and save the statements to your pc for record purpose.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #1761
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes can check settlement account for reference and try to find out what's going on, but it's not real-time and does not include trades made in the last 3 days? By right we should be able to rely on the purchasing power. Seems something is wrong lately since I am not the only one who came across this. Maybe there is a bug or something, hope it's not virus or anything like that

Have sold some stocks so the "debt part" are now covered and I can trade already. Still need to check through the statements and see if all add up good except am now too busy to do that Some say your money will not disappear, yes but to be safe, better check through, and save the statements to your pc for record purpose.
ever since SCB online started, i traded at least 3 to 5 times on average per month with them. i didnt rely on the purchasing power. because i know how much i can buy base on my account balance plus any outstanding due to me.

after 4 days, all my transactions are counter checked correct up to 1 cent accuracy base on my own calculations.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #1762

ever since SCB online started, i traded at least 3 to 5 times on average per month with them. i didnt rely on the purchasing power. because i know how much i can buy base on my account balance plus any outstanding due to me.

after 4 days, all my transactions are counter checked correct up to 1 cent accuracy base on my own calculations.
Mike,

How do you keep track of the transactions? Your own excel file or an app to track your portfolio? Any app to recommend for this purpose? I'm just starting out in this and would appreciate any guidance.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #1763
Master Member

i wish too. sadly its part of the SFA (securities act).
same here!

Really waste of papers!
now the direction is to go paperless. so i dont know why MAS still insists on printing the hardcopy statements for shares.
really ish jin waste paper leh. one envelop come in my letter box already about 2 papers liao. 1 month one person can make into a book liao.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #1764

go take this test

https://onlineeducation.sgx.com/spec...tmentproducts/

then print the result and show them lah..

by right this 6 trades are for warrants n etf, and not for sgx stocks, but they trying not to help people open this trading account cos lesser point or incentive for the rm.

so what u can do is to take the test, print the result, and show them u pass the criteria and make them open for u

if they want additional evidence, print this sgx flyer

http://www.poems.com.sg/docs/SGXOnlineEduflyer.pdf

and bring along too
Ok I go try but I still waiting for their application status. Until now there is no news. Anyone know how long for the application to go through?
Old 03-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #1765

Ok I go try but I still waiting for their application status. Until now there is no news. Anyone know how long for the application to go through?
application took about a week +
Old 03-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #1766
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mike,

How do you keep track of the transactions? Your own excel file or an app to track your portfolio? Any app to recommend for this purpose? I'm just starting out in this and would appreciate any guidance.
just create 1 excel sheet to keep track of your transactions ie date, stock, quantity, credit/debit amount. just like what you see on your statements. i throw away all my hard copies and i just consolidate all the transactions into 1 excel sheet.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #1767
Master Member

hi anyone tried to trade on andriod tab like samsung tab? I tried but it always log me onto mobile banking page, and there is no online trading for me to click to execute orders.

anyone knows how to get around it?
Old 04-10-2013, 12:22 AM   #1768

use chrome browser and request desktop site, works for me on ip4.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:22 AM   #1769
Supremacy Member

on page 4

show them that flyer, tell them you DO NOT WANT TO BUY WARRANTS or ETF and ask them WHY still must go through CAR

and you have already passed the online education test, and why still denied you to open the account?

get them to call sgx to verify
Say don't want to buy don't mean really won't when got chance. Last time my friend say go geylang look see only but then left in a cab with a chicken. Abandon the rest of us. Real farker that one.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #1770
Master Member

went to SCB to transfer my shares from CDP... it's free...
dun listen to those CS...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.