Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquallLH

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just want to check how do I open this account if I have no prior experience in trading?
Also, I'll looking to trade US stocks on this platform. Is the exchange rate decent or like what some have said to open a fx acc?

Read through the thread but I'm not very clear about the call in method...

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
If I want to buy HPH Trust using SC, should I choose the USD or SGD version? Am I right to conclude choosing the USD would let SC convert my SGD into USD, hence its more expensive for USD as their spread is not good?

Edwan@

Reaction score
If I want to buy HPH Trust using SC, should I choose the USD or SGD version? Am I right to conclude choosing the USD would let SC convert my SGD into USD, hence its more expensive for USD as their spread is not good?

u will need open a USD securities a/c under SC then you can buy. Not auto convert

DeadshotX

Reaction score
to transfer money from eSaver to USD Settlement account, where can i see the FX rate that is being used?

Bedokian

Reaction score
to transfer money from eSaver to USD Settlement account, where can i see the FX rate that is being used?

Before you actually execute the transfer, they will prompt you the exchange rate before you confirm it.

Similarly, if you have some USD in the securities clearing account, and if you want to transfer back to the eSavers account, they will prompt you the exchange rate as well.

Edwan@

Reaction score
Before you actually execute the transfer, they will prompt you the exchange rate before you confirm it.

Similarly, if you have some USD in the securities clearing account, and if you want to transfer back to the eSavers account, they will prompt you the exchange rate as well.

If transfer wrongly , one can loose out in currency risk

mike_

Reaction score
something wrong with SB online trading? my sell are pending. anyone else having problem.

==edit
Dear Customer, we apologize that our Online Equities Trading platform is currently unavailable. If you need further assistance or would like to place an order through us, please contact your Relationship Manager or our Online Equities Trading hotline at 1800 242 5333. If you are calling us from overseas, please call +65 6242 5333. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and seek your patience in the matter while we work towards reinstating the Online Equities Trading platform.

Last edited:

mike_

Reaction score
is there any way to know their platform up again beside logging in (after entering the otp then they tell you platform down) or calling hotline (take a long time before anyone pickup).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.