Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul77

Reaction score
I don't see any of my stocks displayed at the portfolio page. Anyone encountered the same problem too?

Yeah.. me too. Called their online trading hotline, told there's problem with the system. If you want to trade. have to do manual trading...

lxxjhe

Reaction score
Cannot even log into the online trading system...
It failed at least 3 times on me this year.
scbfail_zps7a21309f.png

Yeah.. me too. Called their online trading hotline, told there's problem with the system. If you want to trade. have to do manual trading...

martin

Reaction score
Same here. Cannot log in.

Anyone ever trade calling their hotline. Was it easy process. Commission remains the same?

lxxjhe

Reaction score
Can complain when calling in, and ask for the same commission because it's their system's fault and SCB shall at least NOT charge higher fees.
But calling in to trade is like what people did in dozens of years ago, lack of efficiency and the feel of self-control. May only matter a little for long-term investors, but really damaging for short-term traders.

Same here. Cannot log in.

Anyone ever trade calling their hotline. Was it easy process. Commission remains the same?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Can complain when calling in, and ask for the same commission because it's their system's fault and SCB shall at least NOT charge higher fees.
But calling in to trade is like what people did in dozens of years ago, lack of efficiency and the feel of self-control. May only matter a little for long-term investors, but really damaging for short-term traders.

In the first place, if you are a short term traders, you don't even be using scb leh

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also cannot log in. Lost count how many times SCB online trading has broken down this year. What sort of IT engineers are they hiring? Cheap ones to save money?

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also cannot log in. Lost count how many times SCB online trading has broken down this year. What sort of IT engineers are they hiring? Cheap ones to save money?

I heard SCB staff mostly from Northern Asia. But then again, which company IT dept isn't mostly made up of Northern Asians? :s22:

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want to complain, I found the webite. Email directly to the director of customer service. Do not call the hotline. Calling the ground people is not effective. Write in to the more important people.

https://forms.online.standardcharte...gapore/feedback_form/index.html?FBtype=SG_OCF

Email directly to the director of customer service.
Director.CustomerService@sc.com

If the director still cannot resolve the problem, we should complain to the regulator SGX. Liquidity is affected if the broker malfunctions, particularly for SCB. We have to sell through them since SCB holds our shares.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If you want to complain, I found the webite. Email directly to the director of customer service. Do not call the hotline. Calling the ground people is not effective. Write in to the more important people.

https://forms.online.standardcharte...gapore/feedback_form/index.html?FBtype=SG_OCF

Email directly to the director of customer service.
Director.CustomerService@sc.com

If the director still cannot resolve the problem, we should complain to the regulator SGX. Liquidity is affected if the broker malfunctions, particularly for SCB. We have to sell through them since SCB holds our shares.

ehh, write to business times better lahh..

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Trying to add some ETF (ES3, O9P etc) but the system does not recognise such codes? Anyone who has successfully added ETF into their watchlist?

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
SCB, cheap but no good

rather use local brokerage house, more peace of mind keeping the shares in cdp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.