HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #2116
Master Member

The $5 charge is for withdrawal not deposit. If doing deposit to esaver account can just use the cash deposit machine and your sever account number
if i have the e savers account, will i get an atm card? if i do, then everytime i withraw i get charge $5?
Old 03-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #2117
Master Member

if i have the e savers account, will i get an atm card? if i do, then everytime i withraw i get charge $5?
U do not get a ATM card with Esaver. You can either transfer the money out through internet banking at no charge or withdrawal only at the counter at $5 charge.

No option to ATM withdraw with $5 charge. You want also cannot. they die die make you queue.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:57 PM   #2118
Supremacy Member

hi, my orders are filled but why isnt the amt deducted in my securities acct?
Old 03-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #2119
Master Member

hi, my orders are filled but why isnt the amt deducted in my securities acct?
wait T+3. Although the amount used is still in your securities account, you cannot trf back to your savings/current account or use it to buy more.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #2120
Arch-Supremacy Member

guys who suppose to get payout on the 28 feb are your dividend in ?
Old 03-03-2014, 10:11 PM   #2121
Master Member

guys who suppose to get payout on the 28 feb are your dividend in ?

first time getting dividend, can tell me where can I check??
Old 04-03-2014, 07:37 AM   #2122

first time getting dividend, can tell me where can I check??
Check the statement of your securities settlement account. It should come in 1 day later.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #2123
Master Member

cant you track and calculate your own cost price?

assuming you buy share A from poems and ocbc. poems will not show you the true cost of your holdings. so you cant rely on the historical cost of a poems trading platform.
I could calculate my own cost (and its the most accurate) but the reason why im asking is because i have other platforms where they show my ave cost of a particular share. and theres many scenarios this would be useful. (i.e. I dont have my own excel sheet with me while im in the swiss alps or maldives or in the himalayas but I want quick and dirty look at my average price of a stock i bought cause Godzilla suddenly appeared in New York and i want to sell my stocks or buy stocks in an ARMS company)

Assuming I buy 1 lot of Company xyz shares everyday for 3 months, I COULD calculate it myself but why do I want to do it if the platform shows it.

Again, im saying this cause there are platforms which shows the average cost.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #2124
Greater Supremacy Member

helping someone from 'Any AIMS AMP Capital Industrial REIT vesters here?' thread

apparently he needs the approval from scb product manager to sell his rights allocated to him.

but this 350 rights can be sell off right.I called scb they say need approval from product manger and will get back to me. the 350 will base on the market price of the day. so is a free 350 rights money for us? as long the commission dun eat the 350 rights selling price, I will profit just like that?
u own the rights? why they dont allow u to sell? this is funny

Last edited by Sinkie; 04-03-2014 at 11:42 AM..
Old 04-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #2125
Supremacy Member

helping someone from 'Any AIMS AMP Capital Industrial REIT vesters here?' thread

apparently he needs the approval from scb product manager to sell his rights allocated to him.

u own the rights? why they dont allow u to sell? this is funny

i think the person who pick my call is not 100% sure, thus he go checked and revert me that i can sell.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #2126
Greater Supremacy Member

i think the person who pick my call is not 100% sure, thus he go checked and revert me that i can sell.
ohh, yeah go sell if u have no intention to exercise the rights to become shares..

if the system blocked you or stop you from selling the rights, call scb
Old 04-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #2127

ohh, yeah go sell if u have no intention to exercise the rights to become shares..

if the system blocked you or stop you from selling the rights, call scb
Hi. sinkie, i tried to pm u, but ur inbox is full.
can u add me in the whatapps grp for the investment & related stuff? someone named purepls asked me to pm u. can u clear ur inbox so i can pm u tks
Old 04-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #2128
Arch-Supremacy Member

I could calculate my own cost (and its the most accurate) but the reason why im asking is because i have other platforms where they show my ave cost of a particular share. and theres many scenarios this would be useful. (i.e. I dont have my own excel sheet with me while im in the swiss alps or maldives or in the himalayas but I want quick and dirty look at my average price of a stock i bought cause Godzilla suddenly appeared in New York and i want to sell my stocks or buy stocks in an ARMS company)

Assuming I buy 1 lot of Company xyz shares everyday for 3 months, I COULD calculate it myself but why do I want to do it if the platform shows it.

Again, im saying this cause there are platforms which shows the average cost.
have you heard about cloud technology?

if you are in the swiss alps, himalayas, north pole, moon or somewhere inaccessible to gsm network and w/o internet, then you probably cant trade online or call. at least if you have a smartphone, you can still open up your excel tracking.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:46 PM   #2129

Has anyone encountered this error page below when trying to get quotes at this website?

Old 05-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #2130

Ok thanks for the infor!

Guess i'll do a fund transfer from USD acct in DBS to USD acct in SCB instead.

Heard SCB charges "loan shark" rates for foreign currency exchanges...
they are really like loan sharks offering terrible exchange rate, but the CSO told me that the USD security account can only be funded through fund transfer between SC accounts but not with external, did you try out transfer from DBS yet?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.