Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #211
Supremacy Member

2 qns i have in mind and i hope the bros here can help me with it:

1) I need to have $$$ in my SCB Settlement Account before i can trade? Can't i place a buy order and if it's successful, then i transfer the $$$ from my Xtra Saver Account to my Settlement Account within T+3?

2) How do i transfer shares from my CDP account (got it from IPO) to my SCB account?

Thank you.
Old 22-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #212
Supremacy Member

I just applied for an online trading account yesterday, but it's not reflected when I log in to my SCB account... how long does it take for the application to be processed?

Don't wanna miss any buying opportunities next week (:
It will probably take around a week. They will inform you by mail.
Old 22-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #213
Arch-Supremacy Member

2 qns i have in mind and i hope the bros here can help me with it:

1) I need to have $$$ in my SCB Settlement Account before i can trade? Can't i place a buy order and if it's successful, then i transfer the $$$ from my Xtra Saver Account to my Settlement Account within T+3?

2) How do i transfer shares from my CDP account (got it from IPO) to my SCB account?

Thank you.
1) you need to have $$$ in your SA. after buy order filled, someone managed to transfer the $$$ out when the platform just started. but why would you want to do that? make sure you are not slapped with OD charges.

2) download 2 forms. the CDP one is from CDP website. the following link is the form for SCB. fill up and go down to battery road.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lddwhzyj74ephgh
Old 22-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #214
Arch-Supremacy Member

before doing the transfer, ensure that you know the shortcomings of the platform.

if you trade in small amount and you are just interested with low fees, then go ahead.
Old 23-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #215
Master Member

if you dont hold shares in SCB, you cannot sell. the system wouldnt allow you to sell.

SCB platform came in at the very best time when market is bleeding. My advice to all is to buy in small quantities and spread your purchases. You dont have to worry about minimum commission.

if i buy and pay today, after how many working days would SCB credit the shares into my SCB securities acc?
Old 23-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #216
High Supremacy Member

before doing the transfer, ensure that you know the shortcomings of the platform.

if you trade in small amount and you are just interested with low fees, then go ahead.
Transferring to SCB is definitely a cost-saving approach, unless your selling contract worth is around $9000 to $13333.

Detailed calculations are mentioned in http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...&postcount=209
Old 23-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #217
Arch-Supremacy Member

Transferring to SCB is definitely a cost-saving approach, unless your selling contract worth is around $9000 to $13333.

Detailed calculations are mentioned in http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...&postcount=209
can ignore the transfer fees. i have done a few transfers

if i buy and pay today, after how many working days would SCB credit the shares into my SCB securities acc?
standard settlement period applies.
Old 23-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #218
Master Member

standard settlement period applies.
wow which means it may be a few business days later before i can start to sell the same counter i bought today?
Old 23-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #219
Arch-Supremacy Member

wow which means it may be a few business days later before i can start to sell the same counter i bought today?
didnt you read my posts? you can sell anytime because you have paid for your shares.
Old 23-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #220
High Supremacy Member

Ya, I'm just sharing the theoretical approach that it's worth transferring if the selling contract is not within $9000 to $13333.

That said, even if i were to sell a contract worth between $9000-$13333 at SCB, the difference compared to selling it at say, Phillip Securities, would be very small. Example:

Selling a contract worth $10000 at SCB = $20 + $10 (transfer)
Selling a contract worth $10000 at Phillip @ 0.275% = $27.5

So bottomline is like what you said, just transfer everything over to SCB. Let SCB earn more also good...it will make this system sustainable.
Old 23-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #221
Arch-Supremacy Member

chopra im sure you have not done any transfers. there is no transfer fees FYI. dont ask me why.
Old 23-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #222
Greater Supremacy Member

chopra im sure you have not done any trasnfers. there is no transfer fees FYI. dont ask me why.
wah, you are valued client of scb that they absorb your transfer fee??

i checked with cdp, they will charge $10.8 to scb, but how scb charge client is different
Old 23-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #223
High Supremacy Member

chopra im sure you have not done any transfers. there is no transfer fees FYI. dont ask me why.

you are right, i haven!! Then i must do it asap. thanks thanks.
Old 23-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #224
High Supremacy Member

wah, you are valued client of scb that they absorb your transfer fee??

i checked with cdp, they will charge $10.8 to scb, but how scb charge client is different
Usually the receiving brokerage will not charge money. Only delivering side will charge, in this case, CDP. I will call SCB to double check on this.
Old 23-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #225
Greater Supremacy Member

you are right, i haven!! Then i must do it asap. thanks thanks.
U better call scb n ask cos someone told me it's $10 per 1000 shares per counter cap at $100 each, this amount will be deducted from scb saving account and forms are only available from scb branch

Better check first cos Cdp is say $10 per counter but scb say another things

There is definately charges
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.